Lightcarbon LCES1075

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
I have received yesterday the frame ordered 8 months ago. impressive, exactely the delivery time announced. they have also provide a cover to close properly battery hole.
Strange the dimensions coresponding (old geometry) but the downtube is more advanced than seen on all other 1075 seen ? may be XL size ? i plan to mount a bike more XC/trail than the E10 with this frame, more light also, the frame and the battery = 6 kg. i wait for M510 ordered to myebike, but it's seem that bafang have difficult to produce

For the moment, that i can saied, is it is great finish and quality. Now first step i need to study how i will mount the battery.

DSCF1749.JPG

DSCF1747.JPG

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Pity, beautiful frame with great finisht and quality felt, but few desagrements.

In first the 3d printed battery cover proposed by lightcarbon is the original bafang BTF battery cover design, not really usabe as is for those who don't use these battery. Lightcarbon have decided to don't provide the cover modified that they had requested to draw, as we have speak here:
(30) Lightcarbon LCES004 (Dengfu E10 alternative in USA) - EMTB Forums
Why ? i don't know ? the only explaination is "If you DIY the battery, should also DIY the battery holder part" ?

Other desagrements. It have 5 frame exit holes for wiring from handelbar (rear brake, derailleur, seatpost, electrical wire, schock remote) but only 4 entries ? in adition the device to manage the entries are closed and necessitate to cut the wire if you want to use these devices (because to narrow to pass the connector). In fact it seem like they don't take account of necessary electrical wire of the ebike ?

To finish alike the E10 the management of water infiltration is not take in account and perform holes to evacuate water is absolutly necessary.

Nothing problematic for DIY builders as they said, but pity and not useful to pay more for their cover

patentguy

Jul 12, 2022
Florida
Hi I am leaning towards getting the same frame as you, the LCE1075 over the LCES004 because of the steeper head tube angle 67. I do not like the modern lower head tube angle. I am also considering the M510 motor in 48v and building my own battery like others. Not liking the new 43v. Wondering if the frame can handle a larger 160-180mm, 27.5 front fork, and increase the rear travel using a longer travel 190x 55.

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
Hi I am leaning towards getting the same frame as you, the LCE1075 over the LCES004 because of the steeper head tube angle 67. I do not like the modern lower head tube angle. I am also considering the M510 motor in 48v and building my own battery like others. Not liking the new 43v. Wondering if the frame can handle a larger 160-180mm, 27.5 front fork, and increase the rear travel using a longer travel 190x 55.
LCES1075 now request MOQ, LCES004 in cyclical production because have some big order for it.
just below LCE28, and his sister model LCE39, head tube 68, standard moun rear shock, LCE28 fit for M620, LCE39 fir for M510, both are fit for battery BT F25 820wh.

LCE28.jpg

KaroKönig

Feb 10, 2021
Germany
@JimLee-Lightcarbon , is the 1075 the same frame the Holland team rides as the American Eagle?

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
LCES1075 is beautiful model, but now is very busy for some wholesalers, need a long time waiting.
Lots of bike brands get the carbon frame from china now,

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Assembly finished, remain few adjustment before testing. Lot of work necessary to finalize mounting and install battery, i think that 3D printer is mandatory to assembly this frame. 20.3 kg for an XL frame with 15 Ah battery,

DSCF1760.JPG

balance.jpg

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
I could try it yesterday, on the track who I destinate it (and it is build following my appreciation of dimensions/angles). Clearly it is not a "enduro" frame designed to ride technical downhill at high speed (definitively not for an bike park). Mostly an XC/trail bike to play on flowly singles, could be usable in AM but not recommended to hard technical down track. In his dedicated use, it is a pleasure bike, funny, manageable and well equilibrate, without tendency to roll over in the uphill despite the reduced wheelbase.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles