M820 Bafang - LIGHTCARBON LCE930 Frame (lightweight)

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
I've just realised my rear axle was very loose and what is weird is that I torque it correctly 2 weeks ago :/ My rear wheel was clearly not help correctly and I've seen that because my derailleur was not shifting properly.
Any of you had this issue ? I don't really want to use loctite on the real axle, maybe I should ?

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
I have had this happen before. I use hubs with easily removable end caps. So if the thru axle is not tight the end cap can move causing the shifting problems. I just re-tighten it and have not had it happened again.

cwoodffr

Jan 4, 2024
Toronto
My motor kit arrived today. Battery coming separately. Question, I did not get a display with the controls....just the level switch and cables etc...no readout. I assume that should be standard?

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
When TC and I got ours, a long time ago, the 245 was extra cost. Depends on who you got the motor from.
Remember if you want to connect Go+ the display must be 245version3.

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
No, it will work with a variety of controllers but you need one.

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
That is just the assist switch, I am talking about the computer. Now there is a computer that has the switch built in, a big unit like the 181?
Screenshot at 2024-03-01 18-16-28.png

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
The lights act as assist level indicators. You should be able to use the motor now.

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
The display gives you data , if you need it, speed, distance etc.

cwoodffr

Jan 4, 2024
Toronto
The display gives you data , if you need it, speed, distance etc.
Turns out the new provided display is just
The lights act as assist level indicators. You should be able to use the motor now.
Yes confirmed this is what I have. Its so basic looking that I thought it was just the controller. It shows battery level and power level which is actually cleaner than two different units on the bars. Simpler for my intended rider as well!

cwoodffr

Jan 4, 2024
Toronto
Moving on to other build topics....god I hate headset cable routing. Such a pain in the butt. Question, do people offset the opening to one side or center it so the cables are front middle? Seems like maybe less fussing if they were all off to one of the sides.

sandnap

Dec 23, 2023
Herriman, UT USA
Moving on to other build topics....god I hate headset cable routing. Such a pain in the butt. Question, do people offset the opening to one side or center it so the cables are front middle? Seems like maybe less fussing if they were all off to one of the sides.
I split mine but it was a massive pain. It might be worth trying to run them down one side. I dread the day I have to take it apart again.

aledavi

Mar 4, 2024
tarragona
Hello everyone, I introduce myself, I am from Spain.
Due to illness I'm thinking about riding an ebike. About 3 years ago I didn't get a muscular mtb, from a Chinese frame.
I'm thinking about building this LCE930 frame "kit" with Bafang M820 motor and 420wh battery.
From the previous mtb, I can take advantage of everything except the front and rear suspension. You could also take advantage of the wheels, which in this case are carbon with internal measurements of 25 or 30mm (I don't remember).
With this motor-battery assembly, what worries me most is the autonomy, I usually do quite a bit of trail with some climbs. What autonomy do I usually get from that battery?
And finally, could I use the wheels?
Saludos

NCMTB Rider

Dec 19, 2023
North Carolina
Battery arrived today so I am almost complete with my build but ran into trouble similar to others regarding the wrong cable sent with the motor kit. The wire sent was 1t2 (motor split to display and light). Anyone have the correct wire in the USA? I need the wire from motor to display, light and battery (Round green). Anyone know where to get one as I work with vendor in China?

cwoodffr

Jan 4, 2024
Toronto
Quick first ride around the hood. Never been on any ebike of any type but ride a TON of full sus cross country and trail. I built this for my wife so she can stay with me and push me a bit vs getting killed on hills etc. This thing is amazing!! Feels like my Rocky Mountain Instinct carbon with power off. The power on is so incredibly seamless and quiet!! Just blown away with it. Kudos to Light Carbon and Bafang. I have two small gripes.....1. the control readout is not very bright so its a bit hard to see in bright light (even cloudy) and the headset routing is a curse. The little rubber plug that comes with it is a joke and impossible to even put on and getting the fork in and battling that thing is really frustrating vs just plain ports. The rest of the fit and finish is top end!
20240315_120814.jpg

20240315_120753.jpg

kaylee.s

Jul 6, 2023
Redondo Beach, CA
Quick first ride around the hood. Never been on any ebike of any type but ride a TON of full sus cross country and trail. I built this for my wife so she can stay with me and push me a bit vs getting killed on hills etc. This thing is amazing!! Feels like my Rocky Mountain Instinct carbon with power off. The power on is so incredibly seamless and quiet!! Just blown away with it. Kudos to Light Carbon and Bafang. I have two small gripes.....1. the control readout is not very bright so its a bit hard to see in bright light (even cloudy) and the headset routing is a curse. The little rubber plug that comes with it is a joke and impossible to even put on and getting the fork in and battling that thing is really frustrating vs just plain ports. The rest of the fit and finish is top end! View attachment 136369
View attachment 136370
Nice build!!

There is a day/night mode for the backlight (really the headlight on mode, but it also dims the display). Press and hold the up arrow for 2 seconds and it should get brighter. You can also adjust the brightness in the settings menu. Even riding in bright direct sunlight you shouldn't have an issue seeing it.

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Hello everyone, I introduce myself, I am from Spain.
Due to illness I'm thinking about riding an ebike. About 3 years ago I didn't get a muscular mtb, from a Chinese frame.
I'm thinking about building this LCE930 frame "kit" with Bafang M820 motor and 420wh battery.
From the previous mtb, I can take advantage of everything except the front and rear suspension. You could also take advantage of the wheels, which in this case are carbon with internal measurements of 25 or 30mm (I don't remember).
With this motor-battery assembly, what worries me most is the autonomy, I usually do quite a bit of trail with some climbs. What autonomy do I usually get from that battery?
And finally, could I use the wheels?
Saludos
My wife rode hers 1500ft climb, 22 miles on 340whr battery. I am heavy and I get 20miles easily out of 340whr.

cwoodffr

Jan 4, 2024
Toronto
Nice build!!

There is a day/night mode for the backlight (really the headlight on mode, but it also dims the display). Press and hold the up arrow for 2 seconds and it should get brighter. You can also adjust the brightness in the settings menu. Even riding in bright direct sunlight you shouldn't have an issue seeing it.
it was on the bright mode unfortunately.

un..inc

Jun 13, 2023
Germany
Can anyone tell me how much the frame costs, including shipping to Germany?
And whether the carbon battery of the cef50 will fit?
Many thanks!

Bengy22

Aug 25, 2022
USA
Quick first ride around the hood. Never been on any ebike of any type but ride a TON of full sus cross country and trail. I built this for my wife so she can stay with me and push me a bit vs getting killed on hills etc. This thing is amazing!! Feels like my Rocky Mountain Instinct carbon with power off. The power on is so incredibly seamless and quiet!! Just blown away with it. Kudos to Light Carbon and Bafang. I have two small gripes.....1. the control readout is not very bright so its a bit hard to see in bright light (even cloudy) and the headset routing is a curse. The little rubber plug that comes with it is a joke and impossible to even put on and getting the fork in and battling that thing is really frustrating vs just plain ports. The rest of the fit and finish is top end! View attachment 136369
View attachment 136370
That's one great looking build you have, unfortunate your wife will never get the chance to ride it with you on it all the time :LOL:. Sounds like another build might come soon. Fortunately the display issue can be fixed with a different one, the headset routing though I agree not a fan.

Freda

Feb 5, 2023
Vaasa
Can anyone tell me how much the frame costs, including shipping to Germany?
And whether the carbon battery of the cef50 will fit?
Many thanks!
I bought in September last year, frame only, with some extra derailleur hangers, not painted(Matt black). It was 977$ all and all, paid with PayPal. Shipping was for Finland, so for Germany probably less.

Motor from Risun motor on aliexpress, was about 850€, it seems price is now higher.

Battery is diy, cells from Nkon.nl.

If the carbon battery is same size as standard Bafang 410Wh battery, it will fit.

TobyB

Aug 26, 2023
Seattle WA
I thought i'd post an update. I'm about 15 rides into my bike and I recently built up my wife's, Same build with the fork and shock being different. Her medium is coming in at 44.5lb and my large is 46.5 (I have marazochi z1 coils that are heavy!! 2.7kg almost! I also have the Kitsuma coil shock and she has the cane creek inline which if I was buying again I would probably go the same components as her.) so far everything has been running great and we've really been enjoying the bikes.

IMG_5902.jpeg

Migli54

Jun 6, 2021
Swiss guy
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if there are 43V battery extenders? I find a lot of 36V or 48V but nothing in 43V. Has anyone DIY'd one and have any advice?
Thank you for your help.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles