Forestal Siryon 2021 Edition One - Owners Thread

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
Last week I asked Forestal how the delivery is proceeding and how many bikes has been delivered.

The answer came this week:
My order is planned to be delivered next month (same answer as many times before).
They did not answer how many has been delivered.

Positive: support personel is very kind and helpfull.

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
Electro magnetic containment ? They have a nuke in there ?

Or a Transalpes E1 - though they might not be available yet.

I feel your pain .. it's been a long wait. I feel quite lucky that their website bombed out when I tried to buy one - twice - and was too lazy to bother trying again.
Production stopped due to EMC issues.
Might take some weeks, before production starts up again.

--

Orbea Rise in stock in my size.
Same weight, same power, proven motor.
Hmm.

Forestal’s team is great, I love their passion and personality (at least when their dummy isnt being spat out ?).

It’s a nice prospect if your happy being a beta tester to save 10-20% rather than buy the finished bike in about a year however as more problems are inevitable.

That’s okay if your aware of this, there pretty open it’s a work in progress…otherwise it would have been delayed even more

Finished bikes also have teething issues but I like being able to return the bike within an hrs drive to get sorted personally

Being fair to Forestal, Orbea also have software issues, latest being firmware bricking just by simply updating, I’ve skipped mine so far! One guy got a lucky 85nm upgrade out of his though by looks ?

Siryon is also an Enduro bike which the Rise isn’t, or unless your like me and rise is a ‘prentenduro’ bike where your trying to do things to turn it into a more enduro bike without being an enduro racer

If the new Kenovo had been a 60nm motor I think I’d have bought one of those, adjustable geo and all….I’ll never go back to full fat now either, the rise climbs better, I don’t understand how but it does

I chose the Rise, delighted, there’s things with the Forestal I’m not a fan of, I’m hoping version 2 will address those as I’ll consider one, unless ofc the Orbra Rallon gets a motor!!

Last edited:

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
So....I finally cancelled my order, and is now on a Orbea Rise.
I will get back on this, when the delivery's is in a better situation.

Ha...of course I got an update - my frame will be painted tomorrow and will be delivered end of september.
I can still get it...does anyone from Denmark want it at cost ?

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
No one from EU wants this bike within the next 2 weeks ?
Payment is 2000€ to me and the rest directly to Forestal (6000€)
Delivery to address of your choice.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Sooo, #46 is now available, hmmm... :unsure:

I'd still rather have 666.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
No one from EU wants this bike within the next 2 weeks ?
You haven't said what size it is...

If I had €8k kicking around I'd be all over it, but the long haired general wants a new bathroom before Christmas.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
You haven't said what size it is...

If I had €8k kicking around I'd be all over it, but the long haired general wants a new bathroom before Christmas.
Screenshot 2021-09-15 09.29.18.png

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
UK buyers are also welcome - then I think the price is a bit higher, unless you come and make a pickup here in Denmark (we are actually neighbours)

mas

Apr 3, 2020
Australia
This weeks update from Forestal:
- the engine is quite (which is good)

No news regarding any delivery.

For me personally, I will cancel my order in week 32 (2021).

I just contacted Forestal about delivery dates and they said they are just waiting for you to cancel your order and then they will ship.

Then I'd better cancel my cancellation :)

So....I finally cancelled my order, and is now on a Orbea Rise.
I will get back on this, when the delivery's is in a better situation.

Ha...of course I got an update - my frame will be painted tomorrow and will be delivered end of september.
I can still get it...does anyone from Denmark want it at cost ?

Just let me know what you want to do and I can put another word in for you.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
An update from Forestal on the Interference/ White screen of Death ...

This is an official communication and technical report regarding the status of the Forestal Smart Dashboard fitted to our Cyon, Siryon and Hydra bikes.

After the first deliveries in July 21, we started to detect some screens freezing into white, as it was also reported by some users. Our engineering department, led by the electronic engineers, managed to replicate the source that generated such white screens to finally conclude that it was due to some interferences called “electrical noise”.

Whilst this may sound harmful, it is definitely not and it is important to state that the bike is safe at all time, thus they are certified and passed all test for Electro Magnetic (EM) Emission.
Please also note that the issue seen is located only on the LED screen and touch, not the complete dashboard or rest of the system.

During the two-week period in which deliveries were paused, a patch was developed in-house in order to allow users to keep using the bikes, looking forward that this patch would block such interferences to the screen and therefore avoiding the white frozen status.
This patch was tested and provided positive results during our testing period, reason why it was given a green light to resume the deliveries and clear the warranty cases.

However, we are detecting again similar issues although from a reduced number of users. This means that the patch is not working on the 100% of the bikes delivered.
Even the green light was given to such patch, we kept working in parallel on a more solid solution, being this our plan A today.

Therefore, we are developing a Dashboard 2.0 for which we estimate a time of 6 to 8 weeks for it to be ready. This dashboard 2.0 will replace all the existing ones, and this replacement will be able to be performed at your closest dealer if it is eventually required, as we contemplate the option of flashing a complete new software via Wi-Fi, this being a potential solution too.

It is very important to make note on the fact that you can use your bike normally with your current dashboard without any problem at all regarding the pedal assistance and battery usage, even if the screen can freeze to white. The bikes’ performance will not be affected!

Remember you can use the LEDs at the remote in order to have information about the battery level and assistance modes. If you have any doubts about this, please check the bike’s user manual here: https://forestal.com/en/manuals
During this time, our other main priority is to activate our dealer network so they are ready to service your bike, which means providing them with bikes, spare parts and diagnosis tools. For your information, we currently have confirmed the following network which will eventually keep growing with time. Details about each dealer/distributor will be uploaded to the website:

Domestic Markets. Number of dealers per country:

Spain: 3, including Rider’s Boutique BCN as Official Service Centre
Portugal: 1
France: 2
Italy: 1
Germany: 2
Switzerland: 1
Netherlands: 1
UK: 3
Denmark: 1
Norway: 1
Slovenia: 1
Poland: 1

International Distributors

Canada
USA
Chile
South Africa
Australia & New Zealand

In case you have any further questions or issues experienced with the bike, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team at [email protected]

We are confident in bringing a stable solution that will provide the user experience that is expected from a high-performance, exclusive and innovative product like Forestal bikes are.
Thank you very much for your confidence and trust.

The Forestal Team

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Who are the UK dealers?
This is Forestal .. most of what they say has generally been a fairy tail .. so who knows. I did just waste the last 20 minutes of my life looking for you. It's the worlds slowest website and obscenely painful. Can't find anything - so like normal then. They do have a new road bike out soon, the SAGYTA - which is impressive as they've not delivered or made most of what they keep on selling.

I thought at least they'd be selling a Forestal "UltraPen" to use on the new back lit white board their bikes come equipped with so you can note down speeds, directions, mapping, phone numbers .....

Have you seen "Free Guy" ... I do wonder if someone more in the know based "Ant-wan" on Forestal's "Anton" and something dodgy went on with Vizor games ?

Norfiril

Oct 19, 2021
Spain
Hi all,

I reached here looking for information about the Siryon.

The bike looks amazing but after reading your opinions and some problems I don't know if going for the Forestal or the Kenevo SL...

IMO the Forestal looks better, more exclusive but I have the impresion that there is some lack of customer support in case something goes wrong and, while I think the Siryon has more torque, the Specialized seems to be a much more tested product.

Any of you rode both?

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
Forestal is quite high-tech IMO, but they need to deliver....not many has received their bikes yet.
New bikes means you will get the first bugs....but they will get sorted out.

I dont think its fair to compare it to KenovoSL - a good comparison would be the Orbea Rise, as the torque is similar.
Siryon has a bit longer travel....but torque/weight wise the Orbea Rise is similar.

Norfiril

Oct 19, 2021
Spain
Forestal is quite high-tech IMO, but they need to deliver....not many has received their bikes yet.
New bikes means you will get the first bugs....but they will get sorted out.

I dont think its fair to compare it to KenovoSL - a good comparison would be the Orbea Rise, as the torque is similar.
Siryon has a bit longer travel....but torque/weight wise the Orbea Rise is similar.

I see Orbea Rise more XC oriented. The Siryon looks a similar approach to the Turbo Kenevo SL IMO: lighweight enduro ebike, similar suspension travel, similar geometry... they are intended for the same use.

Agree the Siryon has more torque and battery (wich is a clear advantage) but has different drawbacks in comparisson.

DanMcDan

Mar 18, 2021
Torquay
I see Orbea Rise more XC oriented. The Siryon looks a similar approach to the Turbo Kenevo SL IMO: lighweight enduro ebike, similar suspension travel, similar geometry... they are intended for the same use.

Agree the Siryon has more torque and battery (wich is a clear advantage) but has different drawbacks in comparisson.

most people are running the Rise with 150 or 160mm fork and it’s also quite easy to run a slightly longer stroke shock for 150mm rear travel, it’s definitely not XC oriented, when you consider that most 29er enduro bikes are anywhere from 150-170 rear travel .

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Update from Forestal :

This update is coming later than expected given our original plans, but we can finally and very happily announce that we implemented a solid solution for the cases that were experimenting a "white screen" on the dashboard.

From a commercial point of view, this means that we are resuming production and deliveries as soon as we finish the implementation of the solution, which will be happening in the following two weeks.
For customers with affected Dashboards, our customer service team will contact you with different options to replace the Dashboard.

If you want to read a more detailed technical explanation about the source of the white screens, please see the text below.
hhTPnEsHbCce_UVwGS_-OZkvMep4ViO7-3VkUj1IXboGZSY7sFaybdv9biotYC083CrkAKasB_QTrpOvutn4WVuWz3mKkN1D0tcgpSvT4ozUhfxpb9YgB7m2yJLnLNWQaz1btDIAxPvKNA_gWLaUc14G8NiioIMmBP4dxA=s0-d-e1-ft
From a technical point of view, it is very important to clarify that the Forestal dashboard is composed by different layers of boards, each one with a different function such as controllers, connectivity, GPS, touch..., being the actual screen (glass) the last one. For the customers reporting issues of white screens, the affected part was uniquely the screen, whilst all the rest of layers were 100% functional, which explains why the bike could be operated with the remote. Of course it was not pleasant to have a non-visible screen because in the end it is the main source of communication between the rider and the bike.

Through several investigations, our Engineering Team managed to study component per component to narrow down the ones that were causing the white screen. We have to bear in mind that the Forestal Dashboard has more than 300 components in its bill of materials.
The conclusions are that it was the GPS antenna that was acting as an interference magnifier, which resulted in frequency incompatibility with the screen, hence interrupting its correct operation.
Some questions could arise now, like "didn't you test this before?".
Of course we did and the Dashboards were working perfectly; reason why the bikes were shipped in summer. However, these last batch of GPS antennas have slightly different specs according to our request, meaning that they are out of tolerance.

The easy route would have been to replace the antennas, but given the current challenges in sourcing electrical components and the fact that receiving another "out of tolerance" batch could happen again, we understood that the adequate plan was to find a solution that allowed the Forestal Dashboard to be compatible with a much wider specs. of GPS antennas.
Therefore this is what we've done by installing a new set of chips that are programmed to manage the affected parts. It does not require a heavy hardware modification of the Dashboard, and its functions will remain the same.
This is not a big hardware modification, but more an add-on to the current structure.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles