Any Yamaha YDX owners?

Ride 2d@y

Jul 12, 2023
Mexico
IMG_8147.jpeg
IMG_8148.jpeg

FYI - These guys have them and you can test ride on dirt right out of their shop. (Poway, CA)

FormerFloppy

Jan 6, 2024
San Diego
OP here... in case anyone is still interested in these bikes, I just got an email from Yamaha saying they are offering $200-500 off (depending on model), throwing in a free 2nd battery ($1400 value according to the email) and extending the warranty on the motor & battery to 5 years. Apparently the extra battery and warranty is also available to current owners, so those of you on this thread should look into that.
Sadly, my main concern from when I started this thread ~3 years ago still exists - there are no dealers within 60 miles and no dealers that aren't motorsports dealers.

Edit: Here's the link to the information - Promotions
Epic pro tip on the warranty extension and battery, link still good as of Mar 2024

Have a Moro Pro

Interestingly enough, also had a motor mount bolt come loose as some have mentioned, rode on it with 3 bolts for a whole park day, sheared a second one off. Had a ton of trouble replacing those bolts, ended up going back to original shop purchased from (San Diego Electric Bike) and the owner was SUPER nice, willing to pull down one of his floorstock and pull the bolts off a new bike. He said that Yamaha has made it an absolute pain to get parts and service, and plan to drop them altogether because of it. It’s a bummer Yamaha hasn’t provided more availability for parts and service, because I’ve absolutely loved the bike.

Anyone had any luck with sourcing parts, especially out of SoCal areas?

FormerFloppy

Jan 6, 2024
San Diego
Also, anyone able to find a more extensive torque spec list than just the basic assembly manual that’s on Yamahas website? That one does not include torque spec for those motor mount bolts for example…

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles