Forestal Siryon 2021 Edition One - Owners Thread

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
Today was the last day for the announced delivery (2. week or june - or earlier).
So....today we received a mail from Forestal, telling us to hang in for just a couple of weeks more....again.

There is no new delivery date/week announced.
Waiting sucks.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
There was a post from Anton (The owner) in the facebook forestal section where he explained they weren't going to hit the targets, I think he said they were hoping for mid June. It all got a bit excitable though and the whole lot was cleaned out.

I guess it sucks less to be waiting for a confirmed delivery which keeps slipping, than waiting for a bike you've been told won't be coming until 2022 - which then might slip ...

This is one of the problem with lightweight ebikes. A lot of the parts just float off or blow away - you just don't have that problem with Full Fat bikes.

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
There was a post from Anton (The owner) in the facebook forestal section where he explained they weren't going to hit the targets...

LOL...first target was december 2020....at the LATEST....just to be sure.
What target are we on now....the 4. or 5. ?

I'm so lucky that I don't actually need it....MY2020TurboLevo is still going strong.
Still decreasing the power delivery every week, so I will match the Siryon power and not feel that it will be underpowered.

Last edited:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
LOL...first target was december 2021....at the LATEST....just to be sure.
What target are we on now....the 4. or 5. ?
Targets only exist to be missed ! ?‍♂️ :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I guess in theory if you keep lowering enough, then combined with the theoretical extra weight of the Levo over the Syrion (as no press have actually weighed any bikes, we don't know for sure and if they're still waiting for components, who's to say what the final versions will weigh) Then it should feel like a flying machine !

I'm imagining it will be much more Levo SL power than Orbea Rise (2.6kg). Same motor weight as the Mahle (1.95kg) and I can't see how they can perform too much magic in there. But it will be nice to be wrong at it be more like the Rise.

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
Deadlines are aspirational.
My guess is Bafang motor might be lacklustre, nice weight but poxy support and Robs video show how weak that motor is even when 95nm.....but then another showed the ep8 is quite abit weaker than Bosch so ep8 rise could be more like 50-54 ‘bosch’ nm power and I’ve no idea how Bafang translates.....best to wait for the Bosch lightweight motor probably

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
Today's mail update from Forestal, indicates "start delivery at the end of the month"
If it holds water - it's very positive :)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Screenshot 2021-06-18 22.30.44.png

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

b4.jpg

Bernd

Mar 31, 2021
Heidenheim, Germany
For a bike announced 16 months ago I really hope we see it ASAP.
Sure....NextGen was announced 6 month ago :)

Under normal circumstances I would say that it doesn't work at all.
But then unfortunately this damn virus came along, borders were closed, factories stood still, supply chains stopped working overnight. The fact that under these circumstances a new company manages to bring the products onto the market after all (with a long delay) is a great thing.
I want to tell you how things are going in the bike industry right now. Many of you think there is a lot of demand right now and all of you are making a lot of money.
I bought a VPACE MAX24 for my grandson. You can't imagine how hard it was to get this bike. When you compare these kids' MTBs to Early Rider and Nukeproof, you immediately know why the demand is so high.
The owner of VPACE reported this week that it has just been announced lead times of 600 days for components from some manufacturers.
That means, if you are not a big player like Specialized, Canyon, Trek, etc, you may have a problem with the supply of components for your product.
I don't want to talk much about Brexit. Are any of you professionally involved in importing / exporting from the EU to the UK?
Boris and his friends screwed you all over there. Try to order a part in an English bike shop. Nothing goes game over (luckily the bikeparts don't stink like your old fish that you can't get across the borders) it just means: we don't deliver to your country of origin.
Guys, you can go on complaining and gossiping about Forestal,
it's coming in a couple of weeks and then we can really discuss it.
(Sorry if you don't like my English, I used the googel translator for this post)

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
Received the weekly update yesterday from Forestal.

Your order follow up 25th June 2021

Dear Forestal Customer,

Last week we had great news, motors had arrived and testing was going better than we had anticipated and this week? Well, we have more great news for you. Our engineers have been thoroughly testing EonDrive motors all week, implementing firmware tweaks and ensuring our motors are running smoothly, and today our Director of Engineering has given them the Green Light.

We're happy with the performance of EonDrive and more units will be delivered to the FTC to undergo further quality control and performance tests before making their way onto customers bikes.

What this means for our customers is that the journey is almost at its climactic peak. The moment you have all been waiting for is within reach.

Again we want to thank all of our customers for their continued support and patience. We hope you all have a wonderful weekend and we look forward to updating you further next week

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
This weeks update from Forestal:
- the engine is quite (which is good)

No news regarding any delivery.

For me personally, I will cancel my order in week 32 (2021).

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Five months on (almost) from the thread start date and still no "Owners" ..

I wonder if I could set up a virtual bike owners club ? Who's game on sending me €8k for the base level virtual bike ? :unsure: ;) :ROFLMAO:
If you send me more money, you can choose literally any colour like on fantasy EMTB owner.com

From the facebook page, it looks like tensions are running high at Forestal .. For reference Anton is one of the owners at Forestal. The name in italics is the person writing.

Andres Gómez Palma

Ok, Anton.
Just not 15 more days with our money.
Date?

=AZV26uYoKUwBwOaBINkMUc0yckzwofaHPkNjURPHuU0ouvlzLO0-WbWL3BHxwPXIminRr30Q7l63szCq5gx_8wyhc_YyOVvA4GvfVSNoqRThGFMHgji5e-bgKWRgk2kRT2Mu4kqt8M4ztlT9uXsohcJa_33S65TJ7ZX2iYTbhugnRUujDDK5xz4ERW49t5lUN8SQzLQooScoKKZgNv9EGtT5&__tn__=R]-R']Anton Yarashuk

@Andres Gómez Palma Ok, Andres. Make a refund. Good luck!
Ok.
I understand that no date, since October 2020 as first date.
Is it so, so I can understand or communicate my discontent?
Andres Gómez Palma

Just empathy.
I've tried for a while, I just ask you to be reciprocated.
Forestal Bikes

@Andres Gómez Palma we greatly appreciate the loyalty of customers like you. Now we are under a lot of pressure and sometimes we can show ourselves something more nervous... excuse me.
We're going to the good thing we all want, and the bikes are already going out the door starting this coming week!
Anton Yarashuk

@Forestal Bikes no need to calm down a toxic person
Andres Gómez Palma

seriously just said he considers a toxic customer?!!
I hope that's a mistake!
You can apologize or you will withdraw in that I am a toxic customer who only asks according to your rights in my country to tell me when I am delivered my paid bike!!!!!
Repeat again!!
Just called me toxic to discredit my opinion!!
Andres Gómez Palma

And let it be clear.
And excuse me.
It's just looking for answers to doubts.
What has been done in this forum stays in this forum, but we all and I say we must understand all the concerns.
And I repeat, my intention is not to accuse or disturb, just answers.

Carl Gough

@Anton Yarashuk pretty poor ‘leadership’ that I hate to say!
A guy buys a bike he’s yet to receive, writes a comment (maybe he should bother to read his emails or get properly updated) and your own admins attempt to patch up a poor response by you to try and save a sale (clearly not of concern to you very oddly) and on top of that you try to advise your own admin the ‘positive’ rely isn’t required….
I thought Elon musk was the only one wanting to send his own share prices down but you haven’t even got going yet!
?
?

I wish you every success but I’m buying a Rise this time, it’s bad enough putting a lot of trust into a bike with a Bafang motor (which most likely won’t offer 60nm compared to other motors) without reviews but to see customers treated like garbage is abit disappointing given Forestal amazing ‘ethos’!?
Let’s hope every customer you have isn’t toxic each time they raise a complaint……

Anton Yarashuk

Carl Gough your choice
?

Carl Gough

@Anton Yarashuk I think your better allowing your customer service team to do their job and take a step back as it’s clearly not your strong forfeit (originally I defended you a couple of times so this must be weird right?)…..
just a tip, respond to people without being emotional or having an attitude, you will come across a little more professional, at the moment your writing like a kid with a football who’s saying ‘it’s my ball and you’ll play my way or I’ll take it home’ try embracing people who are sending 5 figures amounts of money your way although maybe you have deep pockets to not care ofc, that’s how you come across.
If I was the poster above I’d be cancelling and joining teamrise after being called toxic, surely calling anyone toxic is actually being toxic in itself, hey maybe I’m being toxic now….oh dear!
?

But, ‘your choice’, keep that ‘ethos’ up Anton!
?

Anton Yarashuk

@Carl Gough Your feedback is very important to us
Carl Gough

@Anton Yarashuk diplomacy at its finest
?

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
I'm not on Facebook, because 99.99% of the content is just a waste of time/bullshit.

But I wonder why delivery has not begun as promised.
Is there a technical problem with the motors or are they still missing the chips needed for the display...??..

I must say, that if this company wants to survive, they have to deliver the bikes quite soon.
If there is no income, it will die.

The last update was quite numb and actually just stalling.

A bit sad actually.

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
I don't understand, why they need weeks to finetune the motors.....thet had the first motors for a year now, so they must really have good time to finetune them to perfection :)

But actually - now I don't care what the delay problem is caused by.
No bike, no product, no money, no company.

But don't give up !
Tomorrow....or next week...

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
D3E6BCC8-2FCD-40A3-9277-68FE9BF7B9B0.jpeg

Apparently the first batch will get posted and delivered possibly by next week, it’s a nice looking bike when you see it in the flesh like this. Incidentally my Rise which was due today has been delayed until end of the month now……let’s see what the mtb gods make me do once the reviews are in!

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Im sure theyll be faultless and if there is any issues they fix it quick. I have that feeling. Where ma cheque book?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles