Nukeproof Megawatt Owners Thread

Drewboy59

Sep 10, 2021
Nottingham
Got my factory last week and it’s bloody brilliant. Did a ride around Cannock Chase and will be in the Lakes next week. Can’t wait! Had a Canyon Spectral ON 8.0 for 16 months which is brilliant but this is another level.
545376BF-9169-4631-B9E8-066BCBC94F0B.jpeg

Rory Power

Oct 3, 2021
Wales
I received the factory model about a month ago and performance wise it really is something else. I was previously using a Whyte E-160RS and while I absolutely loved this bike I found the suspension platform a little bit lacking. The megawatt just destroys everything in its path and is so much easier to get in to the air, brilliant fun.

On a more negative note, some of the design choices with this bike are just moronic. The battery cover in particular is absolute trash. I've managed to get it sealed pretty well using a velcro fastener.

IMG_0748 2.JPG

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
I received the factory model about a month ago and performance wise it really is something else. I was previously using a Whyte E-160RS and while I absolutely loved this bike I found the suspension platform a little bit lacking. The megawatt just destroys everything in its path and is so much easier to get in to the air, brilliant fun.

On a more negative note, some of the design choices with this bike are just moronic. The battery cover in particular is absolute trash. I've managed to get it sealed pretty well using a velcro fastener.

View attachment 72996

yea I love mine but agree, batt cover and headset cable runs are massive fails...

Lockey

Jan 14, 2019
Peterborough
Hi All,
I have just bought a comp version. I’m looking to buy another battery for long days out, bike park days.
what do I need to do to fit a 630wh battery? It’s not obvious when I’ve looked. I just wondered if the top battery mount bracket is different for each battery.

Ripping g

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 8, 2019
West yorkshire
Hi All,
I have just bought a comp version. I’m looking to buy another battery for long days out, bike park days.
what do I need to do to fit a 630wh battery? It’s not obvious when I’ve looked. I just wondered if the top battery mount bracket is different for each battery.
Find a battery first I’ve been waiting 2 months so far 🤦🏻‍♂️

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
Hi All,

630s are mega bucks. Plus you have to remount the battery holder everytime you change between 630 and 500. I’d just get another 500 and have 1000...

or send it back and get an elite, which is nearly the same price as a comp+ 630 batt

Lockey

Jan 14, 2019
Peterborough
630s are mega bucks. Plus you have to remount the battery holder everytime you change between 630 and 500. I’d just get another 500 and have 1000...

or send it back and get an elite, which is nearly the same price as a comp+ 630 batt
Think I’ll keep my eye out for a 500 at a good price. I like the idea of 2 batteries.

MsO

Dec 11, 2018
swindon
I had the elite with the 630wh battery bought the the 500wh and it fits straight in but there are 2 types the non L version in smaller so make sure you get the L one same size as the 630wh

Lockey

Jan 14, 2019
Peterborough
BATTERY COVER FIX.
So my bike had a bit of a saggy cover like some others on here. It wasn’t too bad but it was about 2mm at its worst point. When off the bike it had a gentle curve along the length so I just bent it back the other way. Now it fits like a glove. See pics. I left it like this for 24 hours.
DE28825C-6C42-45C8-8CF7-BEBDFF74A5A8.jpeg

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Thanks mate. but. Nah. That's not what I'm asking about.

Just looking for a solution to step down the 1.8 lower headset cup to a normal 1.5 to fit a different fork
Did you work this out? Trying to fit a Fox 38 on a Rail with a 1.8 headset.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Did you work this out? Trying to fit a Fox 38 on a Rail with a 1.8 headset.
sorry. No.
We ditched the idea in the end. But the above info should be handy here at some point too.
If you do pursue the Haibike reducer crown race path can you post which bearing it works with? Particularly whether the inner race is 45 or 36deg?

milfredo

Jan 12, 2022
Hertfordshire
Mega wank ???? 120 miles in head stock seized

View attachment 72346
I don't think the headsets are being installed correctly during assembly. Check out manufactures website:

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
I don't think the headsets are being installed correctly during assembly. Check out manufactures website:

thats a new top cap, i checked a few months ago to see if they made alternative ones with no hole (so I could drill my own holes) and the standard massive gaping one was the only one available.

thanks for the heads up, ordered one!

milfredo

Jan 12, 2022
Hertfordshire
thats a new top cap, i checked a few months ago to see if they made alternative ones with no hole (so I could drill my own holes) and the standard massive gaping one was the only one available.

thanks for the heads up, ordered one!
I just got my bike yesterday and am yet to ride it. I was going to bung the holes with Sugru (this stuff is amazing) and make my own seals. It can be removed easily if cables need changing but it would be semi permanent. I use it all over the house for jobs like this.

I've ordered one as well, let's see how well it is made. Ouch on the shipping, it more than doubled the cost. Brexit -> yay

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles