Nukeproof Megawatt Owners Thread

Davvee

Jul 18, 2021
Mansfield
Just done the tubeless conversion and to my surprise it was actually easier then my old vitus. Going to swap the wheels after winter I think to some Nukeproof ones unless I can find some better ones for the same price.

Ripping g

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 8, 2019
West yorkshire
New stoppers just come today for the mega ??

67BB655F-4660-4667-821A-F33097EB80E7.jpeg

C43BC18D-217D-491C-93CA-6D769602B23A.jpeg

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
small world :p one of the guys i work with that got me back into cycling a few years ago lives up that way (87). When you get back on the go properly if you fancy doing a loop from silverhill -> tibby -> holmewood -> hardwick give me a shout. ?

Davvee

Jul 18, 2021
Mansfield
small world :p one of the guys i work with that got me back into cycling a few years ago lives up that way (87). When you get back on the go properly if you fancy doing a loop from silverhill -> tibby -> holmewood -> hardwick give me a shout. ?
Yup I’d be up for that.

Davvee

Jul 18, 2021
Mansfield
Going to try these pads a try instead of the resin ones what come stock, never heard of them tho. These are sintered

0E78FA4F-9571-4E08-B7BD-4F23A78233AF.jpeg

Grugged

Apr 12, 2020
Oslo, Norway
Do you have to drop the motor to do the rear?

how did you get on? I wanted to put on some SRAM codes instead of the slx and it has been a ball ache. I threaded in the hose but rather than coming out it just seems to have curled over itself again and again. Can’t get it out now. I guess I am going to have to drop the motor - is it much work to do?

Davvee

Jul 18, 2021
Mansfield
how did you get on? I wanted to put on some SRAM codes instead of the slx and it has been a ball ache. I threaded in the hose but rather than coming out it just seems to have curled over itself again and again. Can’t get it out now. I guess I am going to have to drop the motor - is it much work to do?
Was @Ripping g not me lol. Mine will be going to the LBS to have new brakes when the time comes.

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk

i might glue on a few eyelets on so I can cable tie my brake externally. I hate internal even on a normal bike but this extra faff would not be welcome.

Also thinking of putting AXS on as well, and then the only cable going into the silly headet is the electronic one for the display. I can then buy a new top cap with no holes and just drill a tiny hole for that cable, silicon it in and I have a very expensive way of sealing up the headset!

Ripping g

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 8, 2019
West yorkshire
You should use a barb to pull it through

BA04B41C-3C84-4EC8-8432-68F92226F8FB.jpeg

Grugged

Apr 12, 2020
Oslo, Norway
You should use a barb to pull it through

View attachment 71273
I tried using a barb but it kept getting stuck. I stupidly then just though I could push the hose through by itself, that it might be a bit more flexible and there would be an internal guide. So I removed the original brake first. Now I see how incredibly dumb that was and I in a world of hating bikes ???‍♂️?‍♂️ The hose has now become stuck and it seems super tight, i can’t get it out and trying to pull it out with brute force has started ripping the rubber coating off which makes it even harder to get out. Now I have given up for the day. Why they don’t make internal tubes for routing is beyond me. No info from nukeproof either to look at before I started. Argh…..bikes!!!!

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Anyone here swapped out their Zeb for a traditional tapered fork yet?
Looking for options to replace or shim the lower headset cup to 1.5 to fit a normal tapered steerer fork.
Top cup routing is a shit show but without drilling the frame I guess you're all stuck with it.

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
Anyone here swapped out their Zeb for a traditional tapered fork yet?
Looking for options to replace or shim the lower headset cup to 1.5 to fit a normal tapered steerer fork.
Top cup routing is a shit show but without drilling the frame I guess you're all stuck with it.

considering AXS for the first time and sticking eyelets on frame for external routing of rear brake. Then buy a new too cap and drill a tiny hole for the electric wire. But thats a £1k solution to fix that fuck up of a headset

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Thanks mate. but. Nah. That's not what I'm asking about.

Just looking for a solution to step down the 1.8 lower headset cup to a normal 1.5 to fit a different fork

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
Thanks mate. but. Nah. That's not what I'm asking about.

Just looking for a solution to step down the 1.8 lower headset cup to a normal 1.5 to fit a different fork
Yea I know, sorry.
I looked everywhere for an alternative 66 headset solution and couldn’t find one.

i’ve even messaged Rick at Works components so see if he can make anything...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles