Forestal Siryon 2021 Edition One - Owners Thread

BoostMeister

Jan 3, 2022
Wien
Yo booster, I haven’t weighed it myself, but forestal has always reckoned 17.4kg, has yours turned up yet?

weighted myself and myself with the bike, and just the bike with 2 different hand scales, always 19k.

51EE5530-43D7-4000-9E27-C4C6EE40E27F.jpeg

D4BFA63F-8056-4C96-93FE-9A411D1527D8.jpeg

4F009FE3-0C7A-40BA-804F-C75BD354391E.jpeg

6DAE42A0-4776-4462-ABAD-229120D29236.jpeg

4CD289CB-B1B8-4718-9BF4-7B0C6E3E2669.jpeg

Fatboy

Dec 2, 2021
Essex uk
Wow, when I get mo I’ll give it a go, mines a medium and they had set it up tubeless for me when I got there
I don’t like getting on the scales too often especially after Christmas
Is your screen in full working order?
have you had it on any trails yet?
they haven’t put anything new on there website or released any updates for ages

BoostMeister

Jan 3, 2022
Wien
Wow, when I get mo I’ll give it a go, mines a medium and they had set it up tubeless for me when I got there
I don’t like getting on the scales too often especially after Christmas
they haven’t put anything new on there website or released any updates for ages

I would be really curious on how much your bike weight, with pedals and all

I didn’t turn the bike on yet

No, Bike is back on the box, I don’t want to apear like a weight weenie, but 1.6 kilos heavier from a Medium is of the curve, it’s usually the difference between a carbon frame vs alu…… maybe the bike is really heavier than what they claim, even a medium.

The difference should be around 500grams with the extra carbon of the L frame plus some savings with a tubeless setup.

Fatboy

Dec 2, 2021
Essex uk
I’ve not got the best set of bathroom scales but I’ve tried several times and come up with 19.6kg I will try to hunt down another set of scales, that is only 3kg lighter than my haibike allmtn10, but feels way more lighter to lift the forestal, so maybe scales are bit wonky, especially being half a kilo heavier than what your large came in at. Still the best bike I’ve been down a trail on without the screen working and other minor issues

BoostMeister

Jan 3, 2022
Wien
I’ve not got the best set of bathroom scales but I’ve tried several times and come up with 19.6kg I will try to hunt down another set of scales, that is only 3kg lighter than my haibike allmtn10, but feels way more lighter to lift the forestal, so maybe scales are bit wonky, especially being half a kilo heavier than what your large came in at. Still the best bike I’ve been down a trail on without the screen working and other minor issues

I think you have an invisiframe, pedals some dirt, water bottle holder and that huge ass bike light but it shouldn’t be 19.6 kilos.

I made mine tubeless and it’s weight went down to 18.65 still 1.25 kilos heavier than what they claim for an M size on the site.

Elraj79

Jan 25, 2022
Norway
Interesting to read about both positive and negative experiences regarding the Siryon. I was close to order one, but now i have a hard time deciding. It does not seem right for me to spend this amount of money if the paint chips, the screen blacks out, and the worst of all; the bike is up to 2 kg heavier than advertised. I have not owned a EMTB yet because i think most of the Enduro-EMTB weigh to much. For me/on my trails, the DH means everything, and i do not like a heavy ride. So when i came across the Siryon my heart started pumpin' but now it's down to steady pace again.. Interested to hear if Forestal has commented the weight of the bike to anyone...?
(I'm not saying the bike is crap because of the weight, but if it's that much heavier than advertised there are other options out there which I will consider instead. -Or maybe wait for a year cause i think there will be more and better options then. -i know -there always will..)

BoostMeister

Jan 3, 2022
Wien
So, I finally tested the bike, 44km ride on cold muddy trails, mostly eco, boost for some steep uphills, and it was really fun, loved it, a lot better then riding full fats. I Rented many times a kenevo expert and some cube bikes with the newest bosh motor, and I can tell, for my personal taste, this bike is a lot more fun, with heavy ebikes I always felt like I am just plowing and hanging on the bike, while on the Forestal I am in control, like a real acoustic mtb, if you like normal mtb feel with the motor to help on the ups, this is it, it’s fun, The uphills are not as fast, and I don’t really care, on the flats and specially on the downhill, for me, it’s really almost like a normal MTB, and that is awesome, light ebikes are something else, I think a rise or a kenevo sl would feel similar…..

It was cold and muddy, so the battery didn’t last, after about 30km I started to turn of the motor on the flats and downs, and I managed to arrive home with 1% battery…….

The software is still a bit buggy, I lost the data 2 times on the bike computer, because I left it on the off-motor mode when the battery was low, and after some time it just turned off and I lost all data, but I had my watch to record everything….

The software need some work, but that will be updated for sure, so it doesn’t bother me, there is a lot of potential with this big screen, it’s bright and super readable on the trails.

What bothered me the most was the real weigh of the bike, the M configuration set tubeless and without pedals is advertised as 17.4 kilos, and my L bike, after setting it tubeless was 18.7 kilos, weighed many times with different scales, 1.3 kilos more than an M, maybe it is the weight of an L, or maybe the bike is really a bit more heavy than advertised, but that doesn’t take away the feel I had on the trails, it’s night and day from a normal 23-24 kilos ebike, super fun, I haven’t hit any jumps or bike parky stuff, but that will come when they open. :)

0A28C0DB-AC69-41F5-A63F-D0BB9EB68E1A.jpeg

63526D1A-24A1-4B22-9C0C-A7E225889D2B.jpeg

F5E0F913-5D66-4878-8A8F-8A744D049768.jpeg

Fatboy

Dec 2, 2021
Essex uk
Oh yeh, slick paint job that is, nice to see another one, i haven’t seen another one on the trails yet, nice to hear what you think of it

styriabeef

Mar 17, 2022
Austria
Since it has been discussed. I own a M-sized Syrion Edition one. And the weight out of the box was just below 19kg.
Now with tubeless setup and dt Swiss wheelset, without pedals and tools, it's 18,35kg.
At first I was quite upset about the weight, but with every ride the disappointment is fading, and I just love the bike more. Sure sub 17kg have popped to my head when I first saw the original configuration (Coil shock) but at the same time I was always wondering if that would hold true.
Weight- and geometrywise I think it compares best to the Kenevo sl.
The Orbea, levo sl, etc are better compared to the Cyon. I haven't seen one though on any forum, or group that I'm following until now. I would be very interested what it actually weighs in real world terms 😉.

IMG_20220303_172538.jpg

Bernd

Mar 31, 2021
Heidenheim, Germany
My Siryon Neon M out of the box had 18.8kg - shit - should I send it back?
That was really my first thought. I've now ridden the Siryon almost 100km on my home trails and I'll tell you, it's awesome. I have never ridden an ebike before. A Levo Sl for a weekend, that's a great all mountain mtb, but it's no good in the bike park and on hard enduro trails.
I bought the Siryon to ride longer tours in the evening. Our bike park is not far away, the lift is not working every day. I have to climb up the hill twice to get to the top of the start. With the Siryon, a day in the bike park Hochberg now looks like this:

Screenshot (72).jpg

That's why I bought this bike.

In terms of downhill performance, I can only compare the Forestal to my Santa Cruz Nomad, and I have to say that the Siryon is definitely the better, more powerful bike. Maybe because it's a 29er. You drive over root carpets and stone fields, you land hard after a jump and you don't hear anything, only the tire on the fround.

I do have problems uploading my tours to the app, but I'm sure Forestal will solve it. The siryon as a bio-bike would be awesome!

styriabeef

Mar 17, 2022
Austria
They must of weighed it without wheels .
I do wonder how they established the weight. Before my bike arrived, I was summing up weights of parts that I gathered from various websites. Total was below the claimed 17,4kg. Now that I have it, there are a few parts that I weighed separately, and most of the weights I gathered before were pretty spot on. So the additional 1,3kg must be hidden in the frame-Motor-battery-combo, that I didn't want to disassemble. It would be interesting if frame, motor and battery hold there claims on there own with 2,4kg, 1,95kg and 1,8kg respectively. I think if you leqve cables paint and screws out that could be a significant amount - but >1kg?
I don't know.
I haven't confronted Forestal with that, since it seems pointless - I'm not gonna send it back - but they for sure heard a lot of complaints about that. Would be interesting though what their justification is.

BoostMeister

Jan 3, 2022
Wien
Any updates from you guys still enjoying the bikes? They are about to be distributed in Australia and considering adding them to the list for potential purchase, would you recommend them?

I am loving it,

the weight is not the claimed one, and that was a huge bummer, but I said fuck it, and I am really enjoying the bike, riding 3 times a week here in Wien, mostly alone in the city bike park… saving a lot by not paying for lift…. I don’t need to follow other riders with full fat, and with that in mind the motor is perfect for going up and smashing it on the downs, I am doing jumps, drops and berms, it feels like an acoustic bike.

I am only buying a full fat bike in the future if they go under 20kg, it’s night and Day, the kenevo full fat was a pig, super heavy and not as fun as a light bike on bike parky stuff, I guess it is better if you like to sit on the saddle and ride big trails with comfort and speed, but for fun times, 24-25 kilos is a No no from now on.

There were some problems:

The handlebar controller is not turning down the power modes….. they said they are working on an improved version, I will send the bike later in the year to get that . I change down in the tube controller now

The motor starter a low weird noise when it get hot, they said it was the same thing that caused the controller problem, electromagnetic interference. But it works fine. I will send the bike back for this repair by winter I guess.

the thing with the Forestal Siryon is that they don’t really have a contender ( correct me if I am wrong), the kenevo SL motor is too weak, the rise is short travel

Fatboy

Dec 2, 2021
Essex uk
Just got a new one back as the old one packed up, still the best bike I’ve ever ridden, completely bombproof when working but only electrics let me down so far, although I’m am looking to swap out my haibike for the unno Boos which could take the top spot even with the bigger beef to it

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
Any additional updates on the Siryon as I'm considering one?

How many have been delivered worldwide I wonder?

Looks like Fatboy had an electronics issue which can be a real issue with an e-bike with no local support & proprietary software and systems. Any specific updates on this after sale support?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Fatboy

Dec 2, 2021
Essex uk
They asked me to send it back to Andorra, 4 weeks later I got it back, they told me it was new frame, battery, motor and screen built back with my old parts, I still haven’t seen another one, silver fish are the uk distributors now and they took one into my local bike shop, screen is still jumping between different options but I haven’t had a chance to do an update as I’m not very good at that sort of thing, still the best feeling ride I’ve been on to this day

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles