Pole Voima 190mm Travel EMTB

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
You know it went very well in the E-EWS right?
There may be little footage, but you can be assured it went through plenty of gnar.
Oh there's no doubt in my mind the bike can handle the gnar. I took the one I borrowed on some entertaining tracks. I had additional entertainment because the brakes were backwards the frame 3 sizes to big and I couldent put the seat down anywhere near enough. Even so, so still rode it through some chunk.

I just want to drool over some voima gnar footage.

Staff member
Subscriber
Jul 15, 2020
FORUM
Just a reminder :

This main discussion thread was split out into several subject specific threads to make it easier for people to located information/answers. Most of these are Stickies at the top of the Pole section so they are always easy to find.

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
Just a reminder :

This main discussion thread was split out into several subject specific threads to make it easier for people to located information/answers. Most of these are Stickies at the top of the Pole section so they are always easy to find.

I think I actually like all of the Voima posts in one thread better, with the exception of the why I didn’t buy a Voima thread. It’s much easier to see them in one place rather than subbing to multiple threads. Just my 2c.

Sherman

May 9, 2018
3rd Rock
I think I actually like all of the Voima posts in one thread better, with the exception of the why I didn’t buy a Voima thread. It’s much easier to see them in one place rather than subbing to multiple threads. Just my 2c.

Some splitting is good. I especially hate model specific threads becoming order tracking threads.

Swede

Apr 16, 2023
Sweden
New to e mtb and looking for a good starter bike and love the look of the Voima. 190 travel seems to be alot when the area i will use the bike most in is trails, i will go to a bike park a few times each year. What's your thoughts?

BigG

Feb 15, 2023
US, SoCal
New to e mtb and looking for a good starter bike and love the look of the Voima. 190 travel seems to be alot when the area i will use the bike most in is trails, i will go to a bike park a few times each year. What's your thoughts?
Ultimate bike as a starter ahaha ;-)
Being overbiked matters less on e-bike, and especially on Voima, since it pedals so damn well, much better than most 160mm bikes. I would say get smaller size for milder terrain when deciding between 2 sizes to get more agile bike too keep things fun. Smaller good for parks too.
It’s a full power bike though. Kinda heavy but very powerful. If not Voima - check the light/sl ebikes, less assistance/range but less weight too.

Swede

Apr 16, 2023
Sweden
Ultimate bike as a starter ahaha ;-)
Being overbiked matters less on e-bike, and especially on Voima, since it pedals so damn well, much better than most 160mm bikes. I would say get smaller size for milder terrain when deciding between 2 sizes to get more agile bike too keep things fun. Smaller good for parks too.
It’s a full power bike though. Kinda heavy but very powerful. If not Voima - check the light/sl ebikes, less assistance/range but less weight too.
Yea i have been looking at Orbea Rise but not been able to try it yet. Only tried a full powered Trek Rail 9 and I liked the power. Some people say "stay away" from Voima because it is complete DH and that is not what i am going to do 99% of the time.

BigG

Feb 15, 2023
US, SoCal
Yea i have been looking at Orbea Rise but not been able to try it yet. Only tried a full powered Trek Rail 9 and I liked the power. Some people say "stay away" from Voima because it is complete DH and that is not what i am going to do 99% of the time.
I’d totally say the same about non-electric 190mm bike. I made that mistake once too and had a 200/200 bike with no real mountains within 1000km. It was miserable and expensive. So I speak from experience.

But Voima is a bit special. It does not limit you with overbike, like a dh bike would.
Also remember - it was developed and made in Finland where trails are more mellow and not as steep and rocky.
If you go Voima route you wouldn’t use it to it’s full potential, true, but it will not really limit you either.

Riding it on flat feels like riding 150-160mm enduro bike on flat terrain so to speak. If you can live with 160mm on your trails - you can with Voima with no downside (except weight, which is a factor, but minor).
If you loose fun on 160mm bike and really want agile pedal-y 100-130mm XC/trail bike, well, in that case Voima is just wasted potential.

It will only truly open up on steep, fast and uneven trails. But it’s still fun on flatter and more even stuff with almost no downsides, at least for me.

Tldr: if 160mm enduro is too much for 90% of your local riding - Voima may be to much indeed.
If you ride 160mm enduro bike and don’t feel it’s too much - Voima will be awesome.

Last edited:

Hiltix

Mar 28, 2023
Bern, Switzerland
Awesome! My bike is going to deliver on Thursday and I will build it up with my parts(AXS) on Sunday :) Does the bike come with the chainring installed? Or did you take it off to mount a different one?
No, I just ordered the Frameset. All the other Parts are individual bought by myself.

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
For those who have had delivery of the ID frame set, what size rear brake carrier did you get?
Do you get all the sizes, had to tell them what size you would like or just got what you were given?

Murphius

Jun 19, 2020
Washington
For those who have had delivery of the ID frame set, what size rear brake carrier did you get?
Do you get all the sizes, had to tell them what size you would like or just got what you were given?
Good question. I recall seeing in a video that they’d send all sizes but my bike only came with the size matching the rotor. Maybe the frame only builds ship with more?

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA
Last I heard they were only making 200mm adapters at this time.
Requested 223 after purchasing. Seemed odd that it wasn’t a question asked in the specifications interface. Kinda doubt they’d include all of them by default - that’s a lot of machining time to just give away, especially if folks aren’t even going to use 2 of them.

Now I’m kinda worried that 223 adaptor request is going to slow down my frame set order.

Has anyone received a 223 adapter for their Voima ID yet?

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Requested 223 after purchasing. Seemed odd that it wasn’t a question asked in the specifications interface. Kinda doubt they’d include all of them by default - that’s a lot of machining time to just give away, especially if folks aren’t even going to use 2 of them.

Now I’m kinda worried that 223 adaptor request is going to slow down my frame set order.

Has anyone received a 223 adapter for their Voima ID yet?
That's would be my worry, I'll just add 3mm spacers to the 200 mm

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
That's would be my worry, I'll just add 3mm spacers to the 200 mm
I’m a little worried that the new model is causing delays for those of us still waiting on our Voima orders. Like I feel like they’re using one or two of the cnc machines to make the Onni instead of the Voima’s. I hope im wrong and I get an email tomorrow letting me know that my frame is being assembled and shipped.

Murphius

Jun 19, 2020
Washington
I’m a little worried that the new model is causing delays for those of us still waiting on our Voima orders. Like I feel like they’re using one or two of the cnc machines to make the Onni instead of the Voima’s. I hope im wrong and I get an email tomorrow letting me know that my frame is being assembled and shipped.
I think they’re still working through the different Voima sizes. Who knows though, I don’t see where the Vikkela fits in the lineup now with the Onni. Why offer a bike at 190 mm and a second at 200 mm travel? As a recent Voima buyer. I sure hope I don’t see an E-Onni anytime soon.

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA
I think they’re still working through the different Voima sizes. Who knows though, I don’t see where the Vikkela fits in the lineup now with the Onni. Why offer a bike at 190 mm and a second at 200 mm travel? As a recent Voima buyer. I sure hope I don’t see an E-Onni anytime soon.
We’re in a brave new world of vertical design and manufacturing paired with Just In Time production for a small batch company. The whole “model year” thing is pretty much out the door - any required update (Voima chainstays for example) is likely to include many tweaks and changes as long as they are making adjustments to design anyway. This is all sped up and made even more fluid because of the direct CNC production (vs. carbon).

I feel like they may have started making changes to Vikkela and just said “what the hell” and made a whole new bike. A lot of this is probably just driven directly by Leo’s frothing for an even better bike to ride Trans Madiera on each year.

The new new is now a moving target - I guess the wallet’s are really going to hurt LOL.

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
Is the rear tyre buzzing the swingarm repeatedly in corners? Odd intermittent rubbing noise.
No, that’s the rubber shredding the loamy and rocky dirt. There is too much tire clearance for the tire to be rubbing, and it would not sound like that. Also the rear rotor was making noise under braking too.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
Good day Voima people. I'd like to hear from guys that have started out on the zeb ultimate and swapped over to a tripple clamp. What was your impression of the ride change characteristics? I'm having an internal battle at the moment on which way to go.

Also what did you swap over to and why?

megabobra

Jul 24, 2022
Australia
Hey all, I know this is a bit lazy of me and that I should check for myself... but does anyone know how many tokens came pre-installed in their Zeb's straight from Pole?

Edit: Actually looks like it's 0 tokens standard from Rockshox. Snip from the 2023 manual:
1684053274252.png

Last edited:

megabobra

Jul 24, 2022
Australia
0 tokens installed, 2 in part box.
2023 zeb ultimate.
I find mid stroke support amazing tokenless on my particular fork, no bottom outs yet too, and I’m kinda heavy.
Great thanks very much. I was actually thinking of trying a TruTune insert as I'm struggling to get through the travel without running ~30sag. I'm ~72kg kitted up.

wavekiter

Feb 12, 2023
Europe
Great thanks very much. I was actually thinking of trying a TruTune insert as I'm struggling to get through the travel without running ~30sag. I'm ~72kg kitted up.
Same weight for me, no trouble using all travel here...
Agree with the amazing midstroke support.
Have you checked oil levels?

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Has anyone used a 30.9mm diameter dropper with a sleeve? Is there anything stated anywhere that it wouldn't be ok to do? I have a spare dropper in this size and it saves me buying another if I don't have to @leo_kokkonen

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
Has anyone used a 30.9mm diameter dropper with a sleeve? Is there anything stated anywhere that it wouldn't be ok to do? I have a spare dropper in this size and it saves me buying another if I don't have to @leo_kokkonen
I had a 31.6 dropper and emailed them about doing this on my original Voima and they said they did not recommend doing it. So I just bought the correct size so there were no issues.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles