Pole Voima 190mm Travel EMTB

Staff member
Subscriber
Jul 15, 2020
FORUM
Here's one for the moderators, would it be an idea to split this thread and have a separate thread for sizing?
Is there an assumption that the moderators need something to do ? Just quickly reading through 24 pages and 700 posts and picking out and copying/duplicating and editing where necessary the size related posts ?

Should we have one thread ? Or do we need multiple ones ? We don't want to start this and then 700 posts into the sizing thread and someone says we should have different ones for the different colours because that makes a difference.

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Is there an assumption that the moderators need something to do ? Just quickly reading through 24 pages and 700 posts and picking out and copying/duplicating and editing where necessary the size related posts ?

Should we have one thread ? Or do we need multiple ones ? We don't want to start this and then 700 posts into the sizing thread and someone says we should have different ones for the different colours because that makes a difference.
Soz, I know your busy, forget I said it.
But now you've raised a valid and important question, what colour is best??

Last edited:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Is there an assumption that the moderators need something to do ?
Now that Bambam isn't around, you must have a lot of time on your hands ?

I'd suggest :

The Official Pole sizing thread ?

My 6 year old wants a Pole, Why don't Pole make a K -2 Frame, I saw Leo use a rubber hammer can I do the same to make my Pole smaller ?

I want a K2 Pole because it's the only one named after a mountain since K1/3/4/5 were re-named Masherbrum, Broad Peak, Gasherbrum 2 and Gasherbrum 1

The Geo Worshippers Pole Sizing Thread

I want my Pole to feel exactly like my X/Y/Z Sizing Thread

Paris's "What's right for me is right for you" but I'm not actually sure what's right for me ... Pole Sizing Thread.

What size Pole should you buy if you don't actually want to buy a Pole ?

V86

Jul 13, 2018
Norway
IMG_1418.jpeg

The Voima is looking good with a Gates Belt Drive and a Kindernay VII Gearhub

(Yes it’s Photoshopped)

Last edited:

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
I've going riding in Spain on the first week of June, hoping to be in the Voima 🤞

Staff member
Subscriber
Jul 15, 2020
FORUM
Following @Paul Mac's request, sizing relevant posts have been moved/copied to a new Voima Sizing Thread.

BigG

Feb 15, 2023
US, SoCal
K3 ordered and incoming, now for the important questions:

Can decals / stickers be removed, or are they under the clear coat?

Really liking the more subtle look of @Rob Rides EMTB new Voima.
Black POLE decals on my storm grey Voima are applied on top of factory protective film. I can feel the edge with my fingernail, it’s certainly on top of the film, not under.

Badges are also applied on top. Each badge has a thin film on it’s own, the kind you want to peel of asap.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Black POLE decals on my storm grey Voima are applied on top of factory protective film. I can feel the edge with my fingernail, it’s certainly on top of the film, not under.

Badges are also applied on top. Each badge has a thin film on it’s own, the kind you want to peel of asap.
Interesting- I thought they were under the protective stickers. My mistake 👍

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
Or If you get raw with no protective film, then you can take off the black Pole decals no problem

BigG

Feb 15, 2023
US, SoCal
You can get them off with film too, so it works both ways.
Idk, maybe pole used to apply those under film before, mine are thick, textured precisely cut letters with no backdrop applied on top. I think a warm-up with a hairdryer and they will come off easily.
46861AE4-4D26-4160-8160-E111BBEF857E.jpeg

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA
You can get them off with film too, so it works both ways.
Idk, maybe pole used to apply those under film before, mine are thick, textured precisely cut letters with no backdrop applied on top. I think a warm-up with a hairdryer and they will come off easily.
View attachment 111975
Perfect. Going to replace the logos with pink ones

My wife wanted an ebike so she can join me on mellow rides. I thought she would do best on something sized to ‘share’ with 190mm of travel. It is her bike after all.

Last edited:

NickyTee

Sep 20, 2022
UK
It might be obsolete now, but it's finally done! :love:

Frame - Pole Voima, K4, Storm Grey, race axles
Shock - EXT E-Storia
Spring - EXT Superlight V2 600lb
Fork - Fox 49 (2019) with Fox 40 (2021) lowers, Vorsprung Secus, ODI fork bumpers, Slik Graphics decals
Headset - Works Components reach adjust +5mm
Dropper seatpost - OneUp Components V2 210mm
Dropper post lever - Wolf Tooth ReMote
Saddle - Chromag Trailmaster DT
Bars - Enve M9, 50mm rise
Stem - Chromag Director 47mm
Grips - Sensus Meaty Paws
Cranks - Hope E-Bike, standard offset, 165mm
Chainring - Rotor e-MTB ring 32T
Pedals - Chromag Dagga
Derailleur - Box One Prime 9 X-Wide
Shifter - Box One Prime 9 Single Shift
Chain - Box One Prime 9 DLC
Cables - Box One Shift Cable & Housing Kit
Cassette - Box Two Prime 9 12-50 E-Bike
Brakes - Magura MT7 HC
Discs - Magura MDR-P 220mm front, 203mm rear
Hubs - Onyx Classic, 32H
Rims - We Are One Outlier
Spokes - Sapim CX-Ray
Front tyre - WTB Vigilante TCS Tough/High Grip E25 29” x 2.6”
Rear tyre - WTB Trail Boss TCS Tough/Fast Rolling E25 29” x 2.6”
Inserts - Rimpact EDH
Weight - 60lb/27.2lb

IMG_0773.JPG
IMG_0762.JPG
IMG_0767.JPG
IMG_0769.JPG
IMG_0760.JPG

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
Anyone seen or got any videos of Voima's being sent off some decent stuff? riding some rediculous chunk? I've only seen easy stuff on video's.

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
I was really was looking at the Pole, it reminds me of my old mountain cycle. Unfortunately for those of us that are the human version of a corgi, the bike is a non starter. That top tube really needs a bend in it to make room for the boys in the smaller sizes. Ended up getting a Kenevo, 180mm travel and dealer support FTW. Rob, you ever talk to the mad scientist at Pole, remind them that not everyone have meter long inseams.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
I was really was looking at the Pole, it reminds me of my old mountain cycle. Unfortunately for those of us that are the human version of a corgi, the bike is a non starter. That top tube really needs a bend in it to make room for the boys in the smaller sizes. Ended up getting a Kenevo, 180mm travel and dealer support FTW. Rob, you ever talk to the mad scientist at Pole, remind them that not everyone have meter long inseams.
What are ya on about?

K1 Voima has smaller dimensions the S1 Kenevo?

Seat tube is 40mm shorter TT is 20 shorter, reach only 5mm longer........

1682119601730.png

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
What are ya on about?

K1 Voima has smaller dimensions the S1 Kenevo?

Seat tube is 40mm shorter TT is 20 shorter, reach only 5mm longer........

View attachment 112263
Stand over….. I have a 28 inch inseam. The small Pole has stand over is like 34 inches mid top tube on the small. People with long legs don’t think about these things but smash your man parts on the top tube a couple time and you pay attention. I under stand that it’s hard to put numbers like 190 mm travel fork and 29 inch wheels and the need for a low stand over. I bought a s3 Kenevo with a 475 reach because I am all torso and no legs. If you look at a Kenevo frame, that bent top tube makes the bike work. Just saying….

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
Stand over….. I have a 28 inch inseam. The small Pole has stand over is like 34 inches mid top tube on the small. People with long legs don’t think about these things but smash your man parts on the top tube a couple time and you pay attention. I under stand that it’s hard to put numbers like 190 mm travel fork and 29 inch wheels and the need for a low stand over. I bought a s3 Kenevo with a 475 reach because I am all torso and no legs. If you look at a Kenevo frame, that bent top tube makes the bike work. Just saying….

I cant see any bent top tube. But 27.5" compared to 29", 190mm compared to 180mm 14mm BB drop compared to 0 bb drop. Also 140 compared to 125 Head tube.

Not much can be done to get it lower other then slap some 27.5's on there. The pole TT is equally as sloping if not more than the kenevo. It's just more bike, more travel, more more more......

1682124698061.png

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA
Moving the seat tube / top tube junction down would visually align the angle with the seat stays, which would be a solid aesthetic improvement. That said, they’d need to add material to stiffen the resulting seat mast (see WR1 Arrival), which would add some weight. Forward shock mount would need to relocate and water bottle fit would get iffy.

A compromise might be something like the current Enduro with a seat mast nub that’s not long enough to need reinforcement.

I see what they are going for though with the current design - you can’t really argue with the structural efficiency of what they chose. But it does create a higher stand over.

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
I also have a 28” inseam and the K1 Voima was perfect for me. It had a lower top tube than any other bike I’ve owned. Granted, I did run 27.5 x 2.8 front and rear but with a 40 up front. I could easily stand up over the top tube and had no ball squash and my balls are ginormous. 😎👍🏼

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
I cant see any bent top tube. But 27.5" compared to 29", 190mm compared to 180mm 14mm BB drop compared to 0 bb drop. Also 140 compared to 125 Head tube.

Not much can be done to get it lower other then slap some 27.5's on there. The pole TT is equally as sloping if not more than the kenevo. It's just more bike, more travel, more more more......

View attachment 112265
You are right, I was thinking more than writing. The Kenevo is 27.5 bike so it does not have a bent top tube BUT, The Levo sl is an all 29er e bike and it does have a bent top tube. There is a reason Pole does not list their stand over, its huge on the small.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles