Pole Voima 190mm Travel EMTB

BigG

Feb 15, 2023
US, SoCal
@Rob Rides EMTB What happened to e-storia, is it on demo Voima?
I chatted with EXT folks in Sedona this March, and they strongly suggested going with e-storia over arma for Voima. Not because of steel shaft, because oil volumes and adjustment range on storia are larger.
And they said that ext long travel fork is not really there yet, but will be sometime later.
EXT arma v2 on my Pole Machine is best shock I ever had, it worked so well from the factory with custom bike/weight/style tune that I never touched any settings. Probably just adjusted rebound once while above 2500m alt mark due to major temperature drop.
While CCDB Kitsuma on mine feels nice and can be tuned, nothing beats personal custom shimstack tune from pros.
When the EXT Era LT is out I’ll probably swap ZEB to it, and probably shock as well.

Lightme

Subscriber
Jul 17, 2020
Sydney
Nice vid. Does this mean framesets will ship like this - the user will have to assemble the swing arm, install the motor, etc?

If so, I might need to do some tool shopping.

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
People for this type of bike it is not heavy at all.
Just watched a video with the new so called light Orbea wild.

IMG-20230406-WA0009.jpg

V86

Jul 13, 2018
Norway
Build Vid if anyone is interested

Nice ^^
Looking GOOD.

Definitely on the top of my dream bike list.

Have anyone tried to put a Kindernay Vii and Gates belt drive on this Beauty?

That swingarm begs for a belt drive. (No need to split the frame to use a belt)

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
@Rob Rides EMTB What happened to e-storia, is it on demo Voima?
I chatted with EXT folks in Sedona this March, and they strongly suggested going with e-storia over arma for Voima. Not because of steel shaft, because oil volumes and adjustment range on storia are larger.
And they said that ext long travel fork is not really there yet, but will be sometime later.
EXT arma v2 on my Pole Machine is best shock I ever had, it worked so well from the factory with custom bike/weight/style tune that I never touched any settings. Probably just adjusted rebound once while above 2500m alt mark due to major temperature drop.
While CCDB Kitsuma on mine feels nice and can be tuned, nothing beats personal custom shimstack tune from pros.
When the EXT Era LT is out I’ll probably swap ZEB to it, and probably shock as well.
I am also keen to understand what X2 and not E-Storia. More testing? or is x2 your preference?

I am also really keen to understand @Rob Rides EMTB impression of K3 V K2. More Cramped seated cockpit but more dynamic standing descending cockpit V longer seated more but longer less dynamic for descending the tight.

Last edited:

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
People for this type of bike it is not heavy at all.
Just watched a video with the new so called light Orbea wild.

View attachment 111107
Say what you want but the Wild is light weight depending on the configuration. Rob himself weighed one in a 20.81kg with a 625wh battery and race motor even on Assegai tires and no pedals. It's right in his video.

The one he was testing came in at 22.9kg for an XL, with the 750wh battery and double down casing Assegai tires. I'd say that's pretty good.

Last edited:

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
Say what you want but the Wild is light weight depending on the configuration. Rob himself weighed one in a 20.81kg with a 625wh battery and race motor even on Assegai tires and no pedals. It's right in his video.

The one he was testing came in at 22.9kg for an XL, with the 750wh battery and double down casing Assegai tires. I'd say that's pretty good.
But it’s still not a Voima. 🤘🏻😎

TOLM

Mar 20, 2022
Vsmcouver. BC

My 22 heckler is built like a tank. 21kh with 504 an battery and close to 22 with 720wh.

Dec 18, 2019
UK
OK, i've read through the thread and i'm going to continue riding analogue. The cramped cockpit, due to the too steep SA, is a no for me and the sticking plaster solutions of ramming your seat back or using an adapter will only add premature wear to the dropper. It's also increasing the potential for knee problems, as the SA will see a lot of riders with their knee position way in front of their pedal axles, which is ergonomically all wrong.
Lastly, the cracks and seam splitting really concern me.

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
OK, i've read through the thread and i'm going to continue riding analogue. The cramped cockpit, due to the too steep SA, is a no for me and the sticking plaster solutions of ramming your seat back or using an adapter will only add premature wear to the dropper. It's also increasing the potential for knee problems, as the SA will see a lot of riders with their knee position way in front of their pedal axles, which is ergonomically all wrong.

IMG_2516.jpeg

TOLM

Mar 20, 2022
Vsmcouver. BC
Cracks and seam splitting.. I missed that. Was this covered in this thread?

Thx

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Has @Rob Rides EMTB or anyone compared the Voima 190mm with a Kenevo/29er custom build? - I.e. which way would you go? - Voima 190mm or the 29er Kenevo build?
Yes. I have both bikes (Kenevo 29er).

I wanted the Kenevo performance with the Bosch motor and 750 battery. What I got with the Pole is that and more - the Pole climbs better and has a very similar feeling to ride, but the rear suspension is a little bit more progressive for the biggest of compressions. Also, with SRAM Transmission, I can run it on Voima, the Kenevo is too old school (Non UDH). Transmission works crazy good, I don't think I ever want to go back to anything else.

From the way it rides, to the build quality, everything is very very good.

The 2023 Voima, in the setup I have it in, is the best bike I've ever ridden (IMO, of course).

DSC02210-2.jpg

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Yes. I have both bikes (Kenevo 29er).

I wanted the Kenevo performance with the Bosch motor and 750 battery. What I got with the Pole is that and more - the Pole climbs better and has a very similar feeling to ride, but the rear suspension is a little bit more progressive for the biggest of compressions. Also, with SRAM Transmission, I can run it on Voima, the Kenevo is too old school (Non UDH). Transmission works crazy good, I don't think I ever want to go back to anything else.

From the way it rides, to the build quality, everything is very very good.

The 2023 Voima, in the setup I have it in, is the best bike I've ever ridden (IMO, of course).

View attachment 111325
Thanks Rob, sounds great.

The only thing holding me back is the hardcore speed limiting (power assistance cut off) Bosch employ on their systems. 15mph must really kill the experience of the bike! I don't fancy connecting a new Voima to a power drill after every ride :D

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
This bike looks amazing but frankly with 85 NM of instant torque and lightweight fast rolling tires (compared to other 2 wheeled things, say a KX450F which has 44 NM of torque) it's no bicycle!

Regarding fit, I've definitely found I'm on an extreme end and like long Reach bikes. I simply want to stand and have my hands fall comfortably on to the grips, and the same when I sit. While preferably being on a 40mm stem. Just like the MX bikes I grew up racing you should have heavy feet/ light hands when standing and you shouldn't have to lean back/ forward to achieve that.

This means even at only 181cm I like a Reach about 500-510mm, combined with a steep seat tube angle so that when seated the bars are very comfortably at my hands.

WB doesn't matter one iota imo and I'm very strong through tight spaces on my long bikes. WB is just the consequence of the best other dimensions and it just ism whatever it is. Don't choose a bike based on WB, choose your other dimensions correctly.

I've also been a huge proponent of long CS length but I'm curious if even steeper sta's (my current best bike is 77.6', and I want steeper) will negate some of the need for long CS length as it naturally moves more weight forward.

Anyways, bike is sick.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
I think you are missing my point. K1 size dimensions are all perfect for me except TT. TT is uncomfortably short. K2 TT is perfect for my size, that is also not too stretched for seated pedaling. Its just right. But the rest of the dimensions of K2 are too long for my liking. Wheel base too long, reach too long, front center too long....

That's why I haven't hit go yet. I dont want K2 sizing at all other than TT dimension so that size is out. Its wrong for my riding style. K1, I might suffer extended sore back for having a TT too short.

Maybe consider a Crestline? Similar travel at 180/175mm but a little closer to the geo you’re looking for and a similar price.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
Maybe consider a Crestline? Similar travel at 180/175mm but a little closer to the geo you’re looking for and a similar price.

I would if i could land one into nz for less than $18k. But min cost into nz is $22k, and that's for a spec I dont want. If i then bought and sold parts to get to my spec if would cost $26k. Thats just crazy time.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
I have a cost effective solution: don’t buy one.
Seriously, Pole are going for a niche market and some people are, almost by design, not going to get along with the design. That’s fine. There’s plenty of other bikes out there.
Is there plenty of long travel e bikes out there? I can't find many at all above 170mm rear end.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
I would if i could land one into nz for less than $18k. But min cost into nz is $22k, and that's for a spec I dont want. If i then bought and sold parts to get to my spec if would cost $26k. Thats just crazy time.

Yeah that would definitely be a costly bike.
Some other long travel e-bikes to consider. Norco Range VLT or a Devinci e-Spartan.
Both 29er’s with 700wh batteries or larger.

I only wish they used Bosch motors.

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Here's one for the moderators, would it be an idea to split this thread and have a separate thread for sizing?
There doesn't seem to be much riding of the bike and observations how it handlers on trail etc, it's all size related.
Just an idea, don't shoot me 🏳️

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
Here's one for the moderators, would it be an idea to split this thread and have a separate thread for sizing?
There doesn't seem to be much riding of the bike and observations how it handlers on trail etc, it's all size related.
Just an idea, don't shoot me 🏳️

Vids of it being ridden downhill would be nice (y) we have a thread for people to post their rideouts

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles