Pole Voima 190mm Travel EMTB

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Done.

IMG_7388.jpg IMG_7381.jpg IMG_7379.jpg IMG_7378.jpg 56DA745C-3B45-4710-BAF4-2DBB562B85EB.jpeg

Last edited:

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Weight is 24.6 KG
Fox 180mm but stock head angle and front height maintained by using the +5mm Works Components reach adjust

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Yes it is. But that's still less than 190 zeb. On this type if bike id be more inclined to go more travel. Drop a fox 40. Actually I'm really interested in a Dorado up front.
I prefer the Fox over the Zeb, even though I lose 10mm travel.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Yes it is. But that's still less than 190 zeb. On this type if bike id be more inclined to go more travel. Drop a fox 40. Actually I'm really interested in a Dorado up front.
One of the reasons I recently bought a 160mm A2 Zeb was because travel can be increased up to 190mm in the future if required. I prefer to service my own suspension.

Last edited:

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Pretty much perfect.
I hope you persuaded Leo to get rid of the battery lock and key for the next version 😊
I did speak with him about this. And the charge port rubber plug.

He also mentioned that these are Bosch problems to solve as well - and hopefully we will see some better solution in the future.

My wish list for Bosch is a better lock system, keyless, a better charger integration (MagSafe / unidirectional would be much better, that port sucks trying to work out the correct way round!) and also a 750Wh Race Battery, that saves a chunk of weight. The 750Wh is thicc and chonky.

Pole Factory is amazing by the way. I have a video out soon on it.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
well damn, my Large Levo is 455 reach with 1235 wheelbase
My XL Levo had a 480 reach with a 1266 wheelbase

you're still a brave man ! but if it fits you it will deffo fit me
No chain guide required with the new Sram?
Looking good 🤙
I ran the new SRAM without a guide for months and no issues. So will see how it goes on the Voima 👍

In terms of sizing @dobbyhasfriends - overall geometry is the most important factor to consider IMO. For example, I’d prefer something a bit longer if I was riding a 65 head angle and 150mm travel bike - because it’s not quite as stable / forgiving on the steep tech. They can feel a bit twitchy, especially if short reach and short wheelbase with steeper head angle.

For the Voima, wheelbase in K2 is still longer than most L and XL bikes. It’s slack, and has long travel - and it’s just so stable with this geo. Reach at 485 is totally doable.

I still have the K3 demo bike so can share more comparisons when I’ve ridden the K2, but after a quick test it feels great so far.

In summary=
Slack bikes, long travel, modern geo = can go shorter
Trail based bikes, conservative geo = a bit longer

Paris Doo

Jun 20, 2022
Greece
I will repeat myself but based on your saddle horizontal position and the reach adjuster something seems off. It could be either the K2 size or the seat tube angle or the combination of both.

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
I think it's just the seat tube angle / short cranks that puts me off. My knees hurt just looking at it, can't imagine pedalling it on a big ride.

The bike looks slightly less ugly the more I look at it though!

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
I think people choosing this for a long gentle ride would be buying the wrong bike.
Winch and plummet for park laps appear to be it's natural habitat.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles