Pole Voima 190mm Travel EMTB

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Got my Voima ID after my factory visit. The factory is amazing really, the work they and attention to detail is superb.

It really is such a unique manufacturing method to these bike. Leo can make any design changes as required and send to production immediately - the very same day a frame is produced with that change.

By the way, I got a K2 and am 190cm 😊

View attachment 110641 View attachment 110642 View attachment 110643
Absolute awesomeness, can't wait to get mine 🤘

Murphius

Jun 19, 2020
Washington
Got my Voima ID after my factory visit. The factory is amazing really, the work they achieve and attention to detail is superb.

It really is such a unique manufacturing method to these bike. Leo can make any design changes as required and send to production immediately - the very same day a frame is produced with that change.

Got my Voima ID after my factory visit. The factory is amazing really, the work they achieve and attention to detail is superb.

Another video inbound?

Murphius

Jun 19, 2020
Washington
Just a word to the wise, for anyone considering buying a Voima.
I went frame only and scoured the net for the cheapest deals on components I could find.
I have just been on Poles website and built a complete bike to the same spec as I've amassed and the built bike is actually cheaper!
Would have gone that route if I knew. 😔
Of course you couldn’t. The delta is only a $1-1.5k. At least you hopefully ended with with a bike spec’d exactly how you wanted it!?

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Of course you couldn’t. The delta is only a $1-1.5k. At least you hopefully ended with with a bike spec’d exactly how you wanted it!?
I ended up with a one-up post and Shimano brakes, that's about the only difference 😂

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali

That’s awesome! I saw the picks of you there on Poles instagram, very cool. I can’t wait to get my Race ID frameset! Hopefully it ships very soon! Also to those interested, you now have the option of ordering the bike with the external speed sensor and brake rotor magnet now instead of the internal speed sensor and the rim magnet. 🤘🏻😎

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Voima ID Frame Weight, K2. With battery lock and mount. No shock linkage.

Weight: 4310g

45D7F20B-3C5D-4B85-BD69-74EF353A56DB.jpeg

Ridelow

Mar 24, 2023
Norway
That’s awesome! I saw the picks of you there on Poles instagram, very cool. I can’t wait to get my Race ID frameset! Hopefully it ships very soon! Also to those interested, you now have the option of ordering the bike with the external speed sensor and brake rotor magnet now instead of the internal speed sensor and the rim magnet. 🤘🏻😎
Will ordering it without the rim magnet make it easier to remove the limiter? also, will this work with the race motor option?

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
Will ordering it without the rim magnet make it easier to remove the limiter? also, will this work with the race motor option?
I think that’s probably the idea for some people, but I’m not sure. And yes, it is an option that you can get with the race motor, that’s what I have on order, (K1 Race ID frameset with the external speed sensor and rotor magnet).

Alexbn921

Sep 27, 2021
East Bay CA
Rim magnet is easy to override and the option I would pick. DT swiss has the smallest one, with the best clearance.

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
Rim magnet is easy to override and the option I would pick. DT swiss has the smallest one, with the best clearance.

I think you mean the the external speed sensor and rotor magnet, not the rim magnet. The SPEEDi, and most other options are meant to work with the external speed sensor and rotor magnet not the rim magnet. If you have the option to buy a bike with either sensor, the external speed sensor and rotor magnet has more options to derestrict. Or so I’ve heard.

ChillyWilly

Feb 4, 2021
Netherlands
As myself and many other owners have said, with a high rise bar, (mine was about 1-2” higher than my seat at full extension) it’s quite comfortable on the ups, downs and everything in between. It’s literally a do it all bike. One of the many reasons it’s soo good.
Yeah, would really love to test ride on.

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
Anyone able to offer head-to-head weight comparisons to other popular e-bikes? I’m quite curious how it compares to others.
The weight isn’t too bad considering it’s a full power, big battery, long travel aluminum frame bike. Mine was only 50.8 lbs with a 40 up front. But I intentionally built it up as light as I could while still being durable for me. I think I’ll be able to lose almost a pound on the new one, so I’m hoping have it below 50lbs. But I think the typical build will be about 54-56lbs

BigG

Feb 15, 2023
US, SoCal
raw uncoated frame needs some care occasionally though. Especially sweat leaves nasty spots and shine fades overall over time and even faster with washes. But non-aggressive polish restores it easily.
I wish it was more like old school Intense (US made) RAW finish where the more blemishes it has the better it looks.

slickrock

Aug 7, 2022
SF Bay Area
raw uncoated frame needs some care occasionally though. Especially sweat leaves nasty spots and shine fades overall over time and even faster with washes. But non-aggressive polish restores it easily.
I wish it was more like old school Intense (US made) RAW finish where the more blemishes it has the better it looks.
I find applying ceramic coating on my other naked aluminum bike (good old Amp Research B4) works quite well at shedding dirt, mud, and debris. And yes, polish is the ultimate failsafe.

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
What is the process to do this in the USA? Do they generate unique software patch or do you ship the motor out to them or do you have to show them the bike?
I took my bike to my local bike shop, which is also a Bosch dealer. They plugged the bike into their computer and made the change. But first they had to get a specific file from Bosch Universal via email to make the change. And before that, the shop manager had to take some online classes to be re-certified on the smart system. Bosch USA said they could do it but then changed their mind and said the bike manufacturer needs to do it, so Pole gave me the email for Bosch Universal who then emailed the file to my LBS. But when it was all done, I went from 16-17mph to 19-20mph with my 27.5 wheels. This was verified with my Garmin as I didn’t use the Bosch Kiox display. It was kind of a pain though, so I’m hoping the external speed sensor on the new frame will let me make the change on the app.

Last edited:

gtaadicto

Jan 26, 2019
Leon,Spain
I took my bike to my local bike shop, which is also a Bosch dealer. They plugged the bike into their computer and made the change. But first they had to get a specific file from Bosch Universal via email to make the change. And before that, the shop manager had to take some online classes to be re-certified on the smart system. Bosch USA said they could do it but then changed their mind and said the bike manufacturer needs to do it, so Pole gave me the email for Bosch Universal who then emailed the file to my LBS. But when it was all done, I went from 16-17mph to 19-20mph with my 27.5 wheels. This was verified with my Garmin as I didn’t use the Bosch Kiox display. It was kind of a pain though, so I’m hoping the external speed sensor on the new frame will let me make the change on the app.
That really puts me off, I really appreciate a hassle free experience

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
It is coated so should be ok. Just no electrophoretic surface colour added to it.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Getting there. With 180mm for 38 and X2. Also +5mm reach adjust, with external cup at the lower bearing brings +14mm to the front stack, so with 180 fork and reach adjust cup it’s almost bang on geo that the 190 Zeb would have (Zeb axle to crown is a bit more than Fox).

This bike is very easy to work on. Everything slots in super smooth. Tolerances on the frame are within 0.01mm so there’s nothing to adjust - no battery plates to adjust for size, battery just fits in perfect on the first attempt.

695C07C3-0059-4231-84A3-3838C5C27D0F.jpeg
10208519-83F0-4B36-AE2A-A6708B7D5948.jpeg 8D302DD5-D39F-49EF-B804-A8B45DE84345.jpeg 53CF0DBA-A9DC-498B-B3B2-6E0D22391080.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles