Voima Orders/Shipping Options

Tankboy

Jun 23, 2022
Weymouth
I ordered my Voima way back in July 2021 and was long wait of 10 1/2 months but at that point it was just a CAD render and prototype so wasn't expecting any time soon after? The rep in the UK Chris Wright has been really helpful in keeping me updated along the way. They've changed a lot of the management in the the last few years including responding to customers queries - also since announcing the Voima last July they've had a lot things to contend with including hiring more staff, new machinery, design change, frame testing, supply issues etc? It's not ideal but there only a small company so can't pull the same resources as a large manufacturer - the wait was more than worth it though?

I've owned a load of DH bikes over the last 15 years and the Voima is better than all those put together - I've sessioned it at BPW, Afan and my local loops - it's just as happy going for long XC loops or smashing double black runs, the bikes is incredibly fast, very nimble and feels bottomless. The weight disappears as soon as you start riding - just hide behind those forks and let the big dog eat!

Look forward to Rob's review (y)

gaz123

Aug 22, 2022
snowdonia
When you visit the Pole website, it will detect your country and provide the prices in your currency with VAT discounts applied (if applicable). Looks like you are in the UK, and because of BREXIT, you should not have to pay Finland's 25% VAT. Not sure how strong the Pound is to the Euro, but if it is I would ask Pole to provide you Finland Euro prices. Take a 25% discount on them and pay in Euros with a a credit card that does not charge foreign transaction fees. I took this approach when purchasing the Voima frame because of the strong US dollar, which was worked out to be nearly $400 cheaper than relying on the converted prices on their website. That said, YMMV.
thanks for the reply ,hoping to get some information from someone in the uk about the cost of importing into uk. and taxes applied,thanks !!

megabobra

Jul 24, 2022
Australia
Anyone else having trouble getting in touch with Pole? Emails are going more than a week without a reply. My frame was due to ship a fortnight ago but haven't heard anything, despite several emails requesting an update.

Understand they're busy/small company/etc etc, BUT they do have time to post daily on social media...

Durrti

Aug 22, 2021
California
Anyone else having trouble getting in touch with Pole? Emails are going more than a week without a reply. My frame was due to ship a fortnight ago but haven't heard anything, despite several emails requesting an update.

Understand they're busy/small company/etc etc, BUT they do have time to post daily on social media...
They’ve been taking about 2 days to get back to me, but no real updates when they do reply. Mine was supposed to ship a month ago 🤷‍♂️

tlvenn

Aug 13, 2022
Hong Kong
Same boat here, my understanding is that Chris Wright is pretty much on his own with the customer support at the moment while the team is recovering from covid-19. The good news is that the Bosh shipment with batteries & controllers has finally arrived this week and they are currently processing all the orders in the order of purchase (Got that bit of news from Chris yesterday).

So unless your bike is still waiting on another component, it should ship fairly soon now.
🚀

Durrti

Aug 22, 2021
California
I wouldn’t hold your breath for that date. Mine was supposed to ship over a month ago, paid for July 5th Ave only ordered a frame kit. Still waiting to be shipped…

paulcanadian

Aug 5, 2022
Bragg Creek, Canada
Has anyone in Canada imported a Pole Voima? What kind of duty was tacked onto it?
Full bikes are 18% (!!!), but they ship in separate boxes so it may get tagged as not a whole bike and not subject to duty. Any experiences?

megabobra

Jul 24, 2022
Australia
Maybe you can work something out where you buy the battery elsewhere and they send the bike via air?!? It’s a hazmat restriction due to battery that stickes it on a boat.
Looks like they've done exactly that already - the support team mentioned the battery will be shipping from a local distributor in Australia.

The frame arrived in Australia on Wednesday and is currently in customs. Can't complain about only five days of international transit!

Jono967

Apr 4, 2019
Victoria Australia
Fingers crossed for the same, but according to Australia Post, sending an item from Australia to Finland is 3-4weeks express! Hopefully going the other direction is faster; it is downhill after all...
Mine left 21/10 and wheelset arrived today battery yesterday, and now waiting for the frameset
I engaged a customs agent to complete the paperwork for customs and it did my head in
Hopefully should be here by the weekend
Optioned with coil and Incas brakes in for a penny in for a pound

Last edited:

Jono967

Apr 4, 2019
Victoria Australia
It’s coming in dribs and drapes the excitement is excruciating
54A4E3D3-FC07-4ED6-8504-647D95FD1397.jpeg

NickyTee

Sep 20, 2022
UK
Thanks for your reply, that's really good to hear that comparison.

Syndicate team can most likely ride a shopping trolley faster than most mere mortals on a DH bike :p

I placed my order with Pole for a K4 Storm Grey Voima last night :D:D:D
My Voima frameset arrived yesterday morning.

5 days 16 hours from payment to landing on my UK doorstep via DHL :cool:

megabobra

Jul 24, 2022
Australia
Mine left 21/10 and wheelset arrived today battery yesterday, and now waiting for the frameset
I engaged a customs agent to complete the paperwork for customs and it did my head in
Hopefully should be here by the weekend
Optioned with coil and Incas brakes in for a penny in for a pound

Gday Jono, my frameset is still in customs - 10 days now, and I haven't received anything from aus post. Can you give me some info on your experience with a broker? I wonder the broker actually pushes it through any faster or just assists with the paper work?

Send me a PM if you prefer. Thanks heaps.

Jono967

Apr 4, 2019
Victoria Australia
Gday Jono, my frameset is still in customs - 10 days now, and I haven't received anything from aus post. Can you give me some info on your experience with a broker? I wonder the broker actually pushes it through any faster or just assists with the paper work?

Send me a PM if you prefer. Thanks heaps.
Give Toy a call
Pro Active Customs and Freight
0439 956 712
He got it released from customs in a day👍👍👍

D3xt3rMTB

Subscriber
Mar 16, 2021
UK
Quick update on Voima production times. Bike ordered evening of 27th October. Just had the confirmation that it's been shipped today so 1 week lead time for my spec. (K4, Zeb/RS Super Deluxe Air, Code RSC, GX AXS). Can't complain at that.(y)

Have to admit I updated my order to DHL delivery as was seeing reports of bikes getting stuck in customs with Parcelforce for a number of weeks so fingers crossed bike will be here next week! :)

Yorkshire Heathen

Oct 31, 2022
UK
Quick update on Voima production times. Bike ordered evening of 27th October. Just had the confirmation that it's been shipped today so 1 week lead time for my spec. (K4, Zeb/RS Super Deluxe Air, Code RSC, GX AXS). Can't complain at that.(y)

Have to admit I updated my order to DHL delivery as was seeing reports of bikes getting stuck in customs with Parcelforce for a number of weeks so fingers crossed bike will be here next week! :)
That's good news. I just ordered mine yesterday 😊

Tankboy

Jun 23, 2022
Weymouth

Worth the upgrade to DHL, my Voima was sent on a Friday and I got it Tues the next week, as you can pay the import duty online before its even left. Experience with bike parts sent from Europe and Parcelfarce was about 4 weeks of waiting agony nightmare! :eek:

Redders473

Jul 30, 2020
Leeds

If you don't mind me asking how much did that come to with import tax and all that jazz

D3xt3rMTB

Subscriber
Mar 16, 2021
UK
If you don't mind me asking how much did that come to with import tax and all that jazz
So it's your bike specification cost(play around in their configurator but beware currency conversions on however you pay), plus 20% VAT, plus 6% of the specification cost&VAT added together.

So as an e.g if bike is £7k you'll have £1400 VAT@20% rate then £504 Import Duty.

NickyTee

Sep 20, 2022
UK
So it's your bike specification cost(play around in their configurator but beware currency conversions on however you pay), plus 20% VAT, plus 6% of the specification cost&VAT added together.

So as an e.g if bike is £7k you'll have £1400 VAT@20% rate then £504 Import Duty.
Is UK duty not 14% on a complete bike, 5% on a frame? Plus 20% VAT, of course.

Worth transferring payment through Wise or similar - better rate and lower cost than CC or banks (y)

Yorkshire Heathen

Oct 31, 2022
UK

Oldhack79

Aug 30, 2022
Perth, Western Australia
Looks like they've done exactly that already - the support team mentioned the battery will be shipping from a local distributor in Australia.

The frame arrived in Australia on Wednesday and is currently in customs. Can't complain about only five days of international transit!
If you don’t mind my asking, what import tax did you get hit with when it went through customs? I am considering bringing one into Oz too!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles