Fuel EXe Official Trek Fuel EXe Megathread!

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Just a factory model or are there new color options incoming ?

that location of the photo in the instagram photo is in that video at 28 seconds, so I dont think theres anything new being shown in the instagram post

Jan 26, 2023
Australia
Could you swap the wheelset out with another 12spd boost bike? Have you checked the cassette, greased the hub splines?

Mine was creaky when new, but has been silent the last ~25 rides. The quietest bike I’ve owned in years.
So just an update on the creaking. I tried your suggestion around the cassette etc. It seems to have done the trick. I am running an eagle set up and removed the cassette etc and re-greased. Since then I've ridden for around 6 hours on chunky black diamonds and it's been silent - no more creaking. I am hoping it continues, but for now excellent. So a big thanks mate for your suggestion. For me at least, this did the trick. :giggle::giggle:

jgusta

Mar 21, 2021
USA
Hello,

What is the size of the DVO Topaz3 shock?
Thanks.
Sorry for late reply, just caught this now. I went with 205 x 62.5 stroke for 146mm rear travel. Pretty happy with shock so far that performs much better than the stock Float X that on bike. Topaz offers a bit better compliancy for me and rebound circuitry performs much better. Use full travel on jumpy/flow DH rides, no bottom out or seat tube contact on full compression and haven’t had to add any volume reducers. Pretty cool about Topaz is that can change the positive or negative chambers feel with included spacers if like. I am pretty stoked at 200 lbs with some big senders I haven’t felt need to add any spacers at all with 30% sag.

shure2

Nov 3, 2022
New Zealand
PXL_20230211_144645193.jpg

Final day of ride testing the eXTenderMod, New Zealand still has plenty of summer left to enoy it :)

Canyon Shawn

Feb 4, 2023
Lake Sherwood, California
I did a search and didn’t find anything. And, the manual has surprising little info. But, at what battery % do our EXEs go into limp mode? And what power is limp mode? I’m down to 11% for the first time and I don’t want to get stuck at the bottom of some steep hill or far from home. Thanks!

socal_rider

Jun 6, 2021
Temecula, CA
I did a search and didn’t find anything. And, the manual has surprising little info. But, at what battery % do our EXEs go into limp mode? And what power is limp mode? I’m down to 11% for the first time and I don’t want to get stuck at the bottom of some steep hill or far from home. Thanks!

When the battery gets to 10%, motor output is reduced to 110W. That’s from the Trek Fuel EXe FAQ.

POC

Nov 28, 2022
Wales
Had my Fuel EXe 9.8XT since October last year after waiting a few months for delivery (still awaiting range extender!)

As for many posting here, it came with incorrect spec, but now finally got the XT brakes fitted and opted for Praxis carbon cranks as the e*13 still not available. XT cassettes also still a nightmare to get hold of in UK, so found a great deal on Sram XX1 cassette/chain combo (in gold which really sets off agains the Mulsanne blue) and used Trek credit towards that and paired with a GX AXS derailleur/shifter. Also upgraded air spring to 160 (with a buttercup) in the Lyrik fork, and gone Mx with a matching 27.5" Bontrager Line Elite wheel. Maxxis rubber, Ergon grips & seat to complete the package (as still cheaper then Treks stock 9.8GX AXS :) )

It was a great bike the day it arrived, but now even better in 160 Mx set-up.

IMG_3582.jpeg

shure2

Nov 3, 2022
New Zealand
10% it goes into limp mode. Limits to 200W peak if I remember rightly, but it doesn't like to get up to 200w, so 110W from the manual seems right

Last edited:

Canyon Shawn

Feb 4, 2023
Lake Sherwood, California
When the battery gets to 10%, motor output is reduced to 110W. That’s from the Trek Fuel EXe FAQ.

Got it, thank you. One would think that would be in the owners manual somewhere. I just got back from running it down to zero.

I’m surprised by the power of this bike. I climbed The Black Bitch In Sycamore Canyon in Newbury Park, CA. I was kinda afraid to go down it, because I knew I had to climb back out. It sailed up and I had 2 lower gears to go if I needed it. I’m so happy with this bike. It carries so much speed on the trails, that I have to be careful not to get to deep into a corner. But, it literally feels like an analog bike, it’s so responsive.

socal_rider

Jun 6, 2021
Temecula, CA
First time I have nearly run dry. Pre-ride at 100% battery estimated miles was 42 but given the amount of climbing I did I am happy with that distance. I was in Eco 99.5% of the time with 3 very quick bursts at Mid to get up some steeper sections. 

View attachment 106780 View attachment 106781

Impressive total elevation. My best is just over 4000 ft on Eco with about the same miles.

Emailsucks98

Nov 12, 2020
Bellingham Wa
First time I have nearly run dry. Pre-ride at 100% battery estimated miles was 42 but given the amount of climbing I did I am happy with that distance. I was in Eco 99.5% of the time with 3 very quick bursts at Mid to get up some steeper sections. 
Yeah nice, that’s impressive! Stock tires? May we ask your weight?

I have a route planned that’s over 4000’ and I’ve been thinking of re-tuning the motor specifically for it, so that all 3 modes would be in the eco/trail range.

thomasbran

Feb 15, 2023
Italy
@njatherton just a stupid question: if the battery has 360 Wh and you used your bike for little less than 3 hours with 50 W average motor power, why is the battery empty? should you not have used only 150 Whs (50w x 3 h)?

Can anybody help me?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles