Levo Gen 3 Official Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
My 2022 Levo has 2160 mm pre-configured for wheel circumference. The same for my buddy's 2023.
I've measured the actual circumference on my stock 27.5 x 2.6 Eliminator to be 2251 mm. And I've been looking thru some tire charts and can't find any 27.5 tire with a circumference even close to 2160 mm.
So my question is, why is the wheel circumference for the Levo set to 2160 mm resulting in ride distance measurement that is 4% lower than actual?
Look here…

2247 is what it says for a 27.5x 2.6

16Rally

Jul 22, 2023
SoCal
Look here…

2247 is what it says for a 27.5x 2.6
I agree, I measured mine at 2251 which is pretty darn close.
However, the question is why our bikes come configured at 2160?
And to change the setting in the Levo controller requires a trip to the dealer.

Oakhills

Jul 27, 2022
Oakland, California
I bought my son a '23 Levo Carbon base in S4 and am looking at upgrading the rear shock. Found a great deal on a Fox Float X2 Factory. Are there any clearance issues with this shock on this size frame.
If the shock is a 2021-2023 model, there is a voluntary warranty recall and Fox will exchange it for a 2024 model. Contact Fox when you get the Shock to see if your shock falls under the warranty.

Cb750stu

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
United Kingdom
If the shock is a 2021-2023 model, there is a voluntary warranty recall and Fox will exchange it for a 2024 model. Contact Fox when you get the Shock to see if your shock falls under the warranty.
I sent my X2 back through my LBS for the usual warranty issues on these , when I received it back it wasn't a new shock it was the same shock with the new updated parts/seals etc.

WestCoastRider

Feb 10, 2023
Manhattan Beach, CA
Can you send me a link to more info on this? I have a 2022 version of this shock on my Orbea Rise, bought the shock new about 12 months ago, so that one is definitely in range.

mart1nn

Oct 3, 2023
Denmark
Do you happen to have a link where I could read about this?

16Rally

Jul 22, 2023
SoCal
I'm contemplating a carbon handlebar for my 2022 Levo Comp.
I've been able to lookup the backsweep and upsweep specs for the stock alloy Specialized bar currently on my Levo, but does anyone know the rise?
TIA

WestCoastRider

Feb 10, 2023
Manhattan Beach, CA
Hey, what's it like replacing the rear brake, specifically pulling a new line? My Orbea Rise required me to drop the battery and motor, wondering if the Levo Carbon is a similar endeavor, in which case I might just upgrade within brand as opposed to going to "Shiguras"

Andeh

May 30, 2023
Half Moon Bay, CA
On the carbon ones, there's a plastic tube that runs continuously from the rear to the port by the head tube. So you can stuff most brake hoses through from the rear and it'll pop out at the front. The only exception is really large diameter hoses like Hayes Dominion don't fit in the tube, so you've got to yank the tube out, drop the motor, and route the hose carefully.

Dmaguirenz

Nov 22, 2021
New zealand
anyone tried the new rockshox Vivid on there levo?? are they in circulation yet?
Yes , just fitted mine with the levo tune. Fit is good on the S4. Seems to be quite progressive as it's shipped. Def quite plush in the first part of the travel and the mid stroke- bottom out is an improvement over the stock X2. ( heavier rider - I'm over 300psi on the X2 to make 28% sag)

BikingBad

Sep 6, 2022
USA
How many volume spacers are you using?
Yes , just fitted mine with the levo tune. Fit is good on the S4. Seems to be quite progressive as it's shipped. Def quite plush in the first part of the travel and the mid stroke- bottom out is an improvement over the stock X2. ( heavier rider - I'm over 300psi on the X2 to make 28% sag)

Nickolp1974

Jul 30, 2019
Louth lincs
did you get the Pre tunned levo model or generic??

Nickolp1974

Jul 30, 2019
Louth lincs
On the carbon ones, there's a plastic tube that runs continuously from the rear to the port by the head tube. So you can stuff most brake hoses through from the rear and it'll pop out at the front. The only exception is really large diameter hoses like Hayes Dominion don't fit in the tube, so you've got to yank the tube out, drop the motor, and route the hose carefully.
thought this was on all gen3 frames??

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles