Levo Gen 3 Official Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

Ljamscek

Jul 30, 2023
Slovenia
I'm just about to purchase an Expert T-Type (GLOSS / SATIN OBSIDIAN / GLOSS TAUPE), size S4, Part No.: 95223-3804 - Turbo Levo Expert T-Type | Specialized.com

What I cannot figure out is whether this is a 2023 or 2024 model, I understand that new bikes are typically release early fall, so quite soon. If it is a 2023 model, do we know when the 2024 models are coming out and whether they are likely to be upgraded in some way or just cosmetic updates?
Hey,
it's 2023. You can see the MY in part number: 95223-3804.

WaveDude

Jun 15, 2023
USA
Hi everyone,
I'm getting a single tick or two (or three :)) anytime I try to apply significant pedaling force to one or the other pedal.
I've got both crank arms and the spider off but nothing obvious so far.
To me, it feels as if some flexing in the motor/bottom bracket area might be the root cause. My intention is to get both motor covers off for a closer look. Problem is, I can't find any videos online that demonstrate Gen 3 Levo motor removal in detail.
Is there such a video or any other form of illustrated step-by-step?
FWIW, I have the same issue. Debating pulling everything apart. Shop fixed one issue in the link but this new creaking I can't isolate.

16Rally

Jul 22, 2023
SoCal
FWIW, I have the same issue. Debating pulling everything apart. Shop fixed one issue in the link but this new creaking I can't isolate.
Well, good news is that I found the culprit and fixed it on mine. I've been on four 3+ hour rides since and the absolute silence has been defining!
I had tried everything, but in retrospect, except the obvious.
I cracked all motor mount bolts loose, and as I was on #E on the diagram, it made the same exact click as it broke loose.
I took the bike for a spin around the block and no more clicking.
Then I put some Lithium grease on surfaces with red arrows pointing to them and re-torqued everything to spec.
Problem solved! The only disclaimer is that mine is an alloy frame.

motor_mounting_bolts.JPG

WaveDude

Jun 15, 2023
USA
Thanks. I retorqued all but the one behind the driveside chainstay without success already... didn't want to pull apart if I didn't have too...but will do that to regrease. Mine is an alloy too.

16Rally

Jul 22, 2023
SoCal
Thanks. I retorqued all but the one behind the driveside chainstay without success already... didn't want to pull apart if I didn't have too...but will do that to regrease. Mine is an alloy too.
I had simply retorqued those bolts previously as well to no avail.
However, try breaking them loose, ride around to get to motor into a neutral position, and finally torque them all to spec.
Honestly, I believe it was loosening and tightening of bolt E that did the trick.

David666

Aug 26, 2021
France
It would be nice if Spe update our SW to integrate coast shifting such as SRAM Powertrain. Mastermind already has SRAM eagle speed change input so it should be easy to add this fonction. Someone has information about it ?

GravityDT

Aug 19, 2023
USA
Looking to pick up a lightly used '22 SWorks Levo (Gen 3) with bit over 550 miles from an older gentleman locally- he was quite meticulous with service/cleaning etc. And aside from a little cable/heel rub it is otherwise super clean. New to the Levo's - anything I should look for or listen to or pay attention to? With me being a 2nd owner I would only get a few months of 2nd owner Warranty Coverage due to when he originallypurchased it. He is going to the SL version.....

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Looking to pick up a lightly used '22 SWorks Levo (Gen 3) with bit over 550 miles from an older gentleman locally- he was quite meticulous with service/cleaning etc. And aside from a little cable/heel rub it is otherwise super clean. New to the Levo's - anything I should look for or listen to or pay attention to? With me being a 2nd owner I would only get a few months of 2nd owner Warranty Coverage due to when he originallypurchased it. He is going to the SL version.....
Mine has been solid other than the X2 shitting the bed twice within the first 100 miles. The only other “problem” area is the motor but there’s not much you can do about that. I’d just take a ride on it and listen for any out of place noises. The brose motor is fairly quiet so any odd noises will be obvious.

wenna

Aug 1, 2023
Sweden
Even with a favorable exchange rate of the Euro that would be an unbelievable deal. MSRP in the US is $10,000US for an Expert but currently on sale for $9000US. I got what I thought was an amazing deal for $7500 through a shop in urgent need to clear inventory. So yes, that's a steal. Such a steal I'd be almost skeptical.
Was still a bit more money than I was willing to spend. The bike is now sold and no longer available.
But now the -23 Levo Comp Carbon is selling for 4950 euro.
I am tempted to go for it but might hold off a bit longer to see what deals and -24 bikes show up during the winter. Won´t be able to use the bike until next summer.

As it stands right now I´m undecided between the Levo, Canyon Strive ON, Canyon Spectral On and the Orbea wild.
The biggest plus with the Levo is the access to local dealers.

Ljamscek

Jul 30, 2023
Slovenia
Warranty time? Gets even louder on steeper roads! Not even 50km. :(

wenna

Aug 1, 2023
Sweden
Can anyone tell me the minimum seat height of the S4 Gen 3 Levo with the 170mm dropper?
Trying to make out where my saddle height would end up on the S4 (Top of saddle to pedal axle).
I´m 178cm with 85,5cm inseam.

TheSnowShark

Subscriber
Sep 7, 2023
French-Alpes
Can anyone tell me the minimum seat height of the S4 Gen 3 Levo with the 170mm dropper?
Trying to make out where my saddle height would end up on the S4 (Top of saddle to pedal axle).
I´m 178cm with 85,5cm inseam.

Hello, I have 91 cm to the ground, and 56 cm to the pedal axle ;)

TheSnowShark

Subscriber
Sep 7, 2023
French-Alpes
Hello friends of Levo

I have the same problem that anothers with my new Fox 38 performance.. I read messages of july 19/20 and the last #2878, but no really way..

Has anyone finally solved the problem and found the correct reference for the torque caps ?

I have see two solutions, but anyone can confirm what is the good ?

Or this :

I'm blocked in my upgrade, and need help please..

Cheers 🍻

socal_rider

Jun 6, 2021
Temecula, CA
Hello friends of Levo

I have the same problem that anothers with my new Fox 38 performance.. I read messages of july 19/20 and the last #2878, but no really way..

Has anyone finally solved the problem and found the correct reference for the torque caps ?

I have see two solutions, but anyone can confirm what is the good ?

Or this :

I'm blocked in my upgrade, and need help please..

Cheers

You want the top one, part number S205900002. I just received mine from Best Bike this week. I’ve installed them and they fit.

MTBJay661

Sep 20, 2023
Los Angeles, CA
Just found this forum, thought I’ll share my experience with my 2023 Levo comp alloy with the cascade components long shock linkage.

I purchased my 2023 specialized levo about two months ago, and immediately upgraded to the long shock linkage upgrade from cascade components with a 2023 Fox X2 shock.
During the install of the X2, I noticed the air can would rub on the frame. I figured if I ran some more tokens and more psi, it will prevent it from bottoming out. I eventually took off the X2 due to the frame rub getting worse. Now I’m running the 2023 Rockshock deluxe coil. I’ve only ridden it once since installing but so far do love the feeling of it.

IMG_3874.jpeg IMG_3872.jpeg IMG_3967.jpeg IMG_3969.jpeg

16Rally

Jul 22, 2023
SoCal
Just found this forum, thought I’ll share my experience with my 2023 Levo comp alloy with the cascade components long shock linkage.

I purchased my 2023 specialized levo about two months ago, and immediately upgraded to the long shock linkage upgrade from cascade components with a 2023 Fox X2 shock.
During the install of the X2, I noticed the air can would rub on the frame. I figured if I ran some more tokens and more psi, it will prevent it from bottoming out. I eventually took off the X2 due to the frame rub getting worse. Now I’m running the 2023 Rockshock deluxe coil. I’ve only ridden it once since installing but so far do love the feeling of it.

View attachment 126678 View attachment 126679 View attachment 126680 View attachment 126681
So where exactly was the frame rub?

Marcolino84

Dec 4, 2022
Italia Torino
Ciao ragazzi! Ti porterò con me in Italia a Finale Ligure sull'ingegnere e Isallo Exstasi!
Per la prima volta provo anche gli inserti sulle gomme... ho montato la nuova Tannus Pro e ha cambiato completamente il mio feeling di guida! In meglio ovviamente! Avendo i cerchi in carbonio ho trovato la bici troppo nervosa da guidare, con questi inserti assorbivano tutte le vibrazioni da essi provocate! Ho ritrovato la sensazione perfetta! Per me il Fox 38 factory 170 è la perfezione dell'ohlins ttx 22m 150mm!

Tyjay

Apr 27, 2020
Bedlington
Probably been asked
Is there any problems with fitting a fidlock (peatys) system to the levo
I’d fowling the shock
Or dropping bottle during rowdy runs hahA
Apart from the bolts dropping inside frame when removing stock cage

Thanks Bri

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
Probably been asked
Is there any problems with fitting a fidlock (peatys) system to the levo
I’d fowling the shock
Or dropping bottle during rowdy runs hahA
Apart from the bolts dropping inside frame when removing stock cage

Thanks Bri

No issues for me

Tyjay

Apr 27, 2020
Bedlington
Quality mate
Ordered one
Only reason I’m changing is have Thule x2 bike rack and the bottle cage gets in the way of the arm that locks to the frame when it’s on the inside mount haha

Reactions: iXi

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles