Levo Gen 3 Official Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

Polo1602

Jan 19, 2023
Cologne
Probably been asked
Is there any problems with fitting a fidlock (peatys) system to the levo
I’d fowling the shock
Or dropping bottle during rowdy runs hahA
Apart from the bolts dropping inside frame when removing stock cage

Thanks Bri
No, there is no problem.
I fitted the new fidlock 750ml compact bottle on my levo. It´s tight at the piggy bag but it works without issues.
I also used the standard specialized screws that came with, but I had to shorten the screws because they were too long. Without shortening them they would probably drill into the battery.

IMG-7161.jpg

Tyjay

Apr 27, 2020
Bedlington
No, there is no problem.
I fitted the new fidlock 750ml compact bottle on my levo. It´s tight at the piggy bag but it works without issues.
I also used the standard specialized screws that came with, but I had to shorten the screws because they were too long. Without shortening them they would probably drill into the battery.

View attachment 127521
Thanks good tip about the screws possibly being too long

Tyjay

Apr 27, 2020
Bedlington
Nicely fitted, stock screws no washers or anything
just Removed bottom bottle screw turned cage sideways put screw and fidlock in bottom hole
removed top screw and cage and put fidlock on without any Issues 😜

thanks for info
IMG_4964.jpeg

DET_arch

Oct 30, 2023
San Diego
Hey everyone- I've got a base carbon Levo coming this week. Planning to move most of my components over from my Stumpjumper Evo Alloy onto the Levo.

Hoping you can help with a question- I'm planning to move the 210x55 Float X from the Evo to the Levo. Has anyone used the stock Float X from an Evo on a Levo, and were there any issues with the tuning that would make it a poor match? I'll also use the Fox 36 Rhythm from the Evo.

Also going to try 29/29 wheels + low setting in lieu of the stock mullet setup since I've got a nice DT Swiss wheelset on the Evo currently that I'd like to keep using.

Happy to follow up here with my experience in both swaps!

DET_arch

Oct 30, 2023
San Diego
Got my base carbon yesterday and swapped some parts over from my Stumpjumper Evo. Swapped to a Fox 36, Float X, 29/29 DT Swiss 1700 wheelset (see last pic for 29” rear clearance in long/low chainstay position), XX1 11 speed drivetrain with X01 Eagle chain, and a carbon handlebar with 40mm stem, plus my preferred seat and grips.

Got out for my first ride today…it is an absolute riot! Bought it without a demo, so it was my first time experiencing the fun of an ebike. Did about 20 miles and 3000’ of climbing. Only used a few bars of battery keeping it on eco on the flats and trail mode on climbs. Haven’t swapped in the 700wh battery, but now I think I’ll just keep the 500wh in there for the lower weight for a majority of my rides.
IMG_3425.jpeg

IMG_3426.jpeg

IMG_3427.jpeg

16Rally

Jul 22, 2023
SoCal
Anyone know if this will fit our Gen3 Levo? Chain ring will be bigger, from 32t to 34t and I assume stock crank arms can be used?
My 2022 Levo Comp Alloy came with a 34t chainring (although Specialized's website spec sheet shows 32t). So did my neighbor's 2023 Comp Carbon.

ruppia

Dec 14, 2020
Italy
Got my base carbon yesterday and swapped some parts over from my Stumpjumper Evo. Swapped to a Fox 36, Float X, 29/29 DT Swiss 1700 wheelset (see last pic for 29” rear clearance in long/low chainstay position), XX1 11 speed drivetrain with X01 Eagle chain, and a carbon handlebar with 40mm stem, plus my preferred seat and grips.

Got out for my first ride today…it is an absolute riot! Bought it without a demo, so it was my first time experiencing the fun of an ebike. Did about 20 miles and 3000’ of climbing. Only used a few bars of battery keeping it on eco on the flats and trail mode on climbs. Haven’t swapped in the 700wh battery, but now I think I’ll just keep the 500wh in there for the lower weight for a majority of my rides.
View attachment 128348
View attachment 128349

View attachment 128350
Please some information:

Which size is it your bike ?
The tyre are 2.3 or 2.6 ?

rzr

Sep 26, 2022
bcn
you can fit: Assegai 29 2.5, Conti Kryptotal 29 2.4, Maxxis DHR2 29 2.4 - at least these were tested by me
(you won't fit 29" 2.6" I think)

Last edited:

IcePaws

Sep 7, 2023
UK
Hi All,

I'm awaiting my delivery of a 2022 Turbo Levo Comp Alloy in black ('black/dove grey/black') and want to get the invisiframe ordered so I can get out on the trails asap....
383995_8660_XL.jpg

My question:
Are the stock Fox 36 Rhythm forks a gloss or matt black colour? I can't really tell online....
I want to pre-order the matching matt/gloss fork protection film so I can apply it as soon as the bike arrives.

Much appreciated!

Last edited:

16Rally

Jul 22, 2023
SoCal
Hi All,

I'm awaiting my delivery of a 2022 Turbo Levo Comp Alloy in black ('black/dove grey/black') and want to get the invisiframe ordered so I can get out on the trails asap....
View attachment 128401
My question:
Are the stock Fox 36 Rhythm forks a gloss or matt black colour? I can't really tell online....
I want to pre-order the matching matt/gloss fork protection film so I can apply it as soon as the bike arrives.

Much appreciated!
The 36 Rhythm fork on my Green 2022 Comp Alloy definitely came with matt black stickers.
Description lookup by S/N on Fox's website also indicates Matt Black finish.

p5pb24349531.jpg

ruppia

Dec 14, 2020
Italy
you can fit: Assegai 29 2.5, Conti Kryptotal 29 2.4, Maxxis DHR2 29 2.4 - at least these were tested by me
(you won't fit 29" 2.6")
Now i'm with DHR II 2.3 and fit perfect. Good to knows for 2.4
I can confirm no 29x2.6 with S3

IcePaws

Sep 7, 2023
UK
Thanks for the help so far re finish of the Fox 36 Rhythm....

Jury still out after three! Haha

Anyone else with a black 2022 Levo Comp Alloy able to advise?

16Rally

Jul 22, 2023
SoCal

I checked the Comp Alloy photos on Specialized's website and it looks like the black one comes with glossy finish on the Rhythm fork.

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
What’s the head angle on the levos with a 29er in the rear? You are raising the rear by almost a inch, I guess I could work out the head with the wheel base but I was wondering if anyone has taken an actual measurement.

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK

I think to be fair, Specilaized stick on whatever exact model of Fox 36 they have to hand at any given time?

Sometimes it will be a Matt finish, sometimes it will be gloss.

Somewhere in the small print will be the words ‘exact specification subject to change’, or something similar.

The Levo is pretty well wrapped/protected out the box, perhaps wait for yours to turn up and stick a couple of cheeky rides in whilst you wait for your invisiframe order?

DET_arch

Oct 30, 2023
San Diego
Please some information:

Which size is it your bike ?
The tyre are 2.3 or 2.6 ?
29x2.3 Specialized Eliminator rear tire on mine. Plenty of clearance, but there is no mud where I live, so I can deal with tighter clearance. Don't think I'd be comfortable running more than a 2.4" personally.

Someone mentioned steepened head angle with the 29" rear...I moved the chainstay chip to the low position, so that should compensate for some of the geometry change. But FWIW, it feels very natural with the 29" rear coming from riding many different analog 29" trail bikes.

BikingBad

Sep 6, 2022
USA
For those that upgraded to SRAM T-Type, chain length guide says 118 Links for my bike. Question: does 118 link count include the power link or is it 118 + add power link = 120 total?

Andeh

May 30, 2023
Half Moon Bay, CA
For those that upgraded to SRAM T-Type, chain length guide says 118 Links for my bike. Question: Is it 118 with the power link or is it 118 + add power link = 120 total?
Put the uncut chain without the link on the paper template. Cut it at the chain length indicated by the app (in your case, apparently 118).

16Rally

Jul 22, 2023
SoCal
For those that upgraded to SRAM T-Type, chain length guide says 118 Links for my bike. Question: does 118 link count include the power link or is it 118 + add power link = 120 total?
The chain length on my S3 Levo is 118 links including the power link, which means the chain is cut to 117 links. An odd number of links would leave inner links on both ends which would then get connected by the master outer link.

Also, do not cut your chain until you have computed, measured, confirmed, and recompiled and measured again.
On a T-type transmission you do not have the B-screw adjustment to compensate for a slightly longer or shorter chain.

Last edited:

16Rally

Jul 22, 2023
SoCal
My 2022 Levo has 2160 mm pre-configured for wheel circumference. The same for my buddy's 2023.
I've measured the actual circumference on my stock 27.5 x 2.6 Eliminator to be 2251 mm. And I've been looking thru some tire charts and can't find any 27.5 tire with a circumference even close to 2160 mm.
So my question is, why is the wheel circumference for the Levo set to 2160 mm resulting in ride distance measurement that is 4% lower than actual?

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
My 2022 Levo has 2160 mm pre-configured for wheel circumference. The same for my buddy's 2023.
I've measured the actual circumference on my stock 27.5 x 2.6 Eliminator to be 2251 mm. And I've been looking thru some tire charts and can't find any 27.5 tire with a circumference even close to 2160 mm.
So my question is, why is the wheel circumference for the Levo set to 2160 mm resulting in ride distance measurement that is 4% lower than actual?
Short answer...go ride your bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles