Levo Gen 3 Official Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

James_MTB

Jan 15, 2018
I sent my X2 back for warranty work because it was losing air.

The shock needs a new body due to wear by a sideload??

They're seeing the same issue coming back around 9 months later! When the two-year warranty runs out it's chargeable!!

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
san francisco, california
I sent my X2 back for warranty work because it was losing air.

The shock needs a new body due to wear by a sideload??

They're seeing the same issue coming back around 9 months later! When the two-year warranty runs out it's chargeable!!
Suspension only gets 1 year warranty. 2 year warranty only applies to Specialized branded parts

squeegee

Aug 19, 2019
USA
I had to order from Specialized for a coil shock I want to run.

looks like 2 aluminum top hats that according to manual need to be fixed with a green loctite, but are not bushings in the conventional sense.

1649769581877.png

Repsol

Dec 25, 2021
Yorkshire
Didn't know where to post this so apologies if it's in the wrong section. I've just been cleaning my 2022 comp carbon in readiness for the weekend when I've just discovered that my rear wheel is loose.
I've checked the spindle ect and it's coming from both sides of the hub where the axle passes through.
There's no flats on either side to allow you to tighten them, there both round and spin independently of each other.
Has anyone any idea how to tighten these up to remove the free play, this bike has been nothing but trouble from day one, it's just meant to have had its first service too !

Mydriaze

Jul 7, 2019
France
Hello everyone, i'm looking for a Specialized water bottle, but it seems not many are compatible with "piggy back" shock. Are 0.750 L compatible?

Reactive

Apr 15, 2022
SF Bay Area, CA
First message in this forum.

I have been trolling for over three years.

FINALY ordered my first e-bike. Should arrive before the end of the month.

Specialized Turbo Levo Alloy, the 'inexpensive' one.

Ordered the Bianchi Green, since all my prior moto-bikes were Red (Maico, Suzuki Katana, Montessa, Bultaco Blue with Red fenders, many more) and there was not a Red option at this price point and the Flat Black just didn't do it for me. Sigh.

Quick shout out to Rob, actually a Large shout out, for continuing to inspire. I think what has really hooked me over the years are the Epic videos. More; those are so inspiring. And everyone here who contributes without being condescending (look at drone threads were everyone trashes other manufactures).

Look forward to many miles of great rides.

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Took the bike out for the first ride after having a new motor fitted. Three words....

Same. Fucking. Noise!!!

I can feel the motor through the handlebars. I'm starting to wonder if the noise is reverberation through the frame rather than the motor itself. Maybe I'm clutching at straws? I'm really pissed about this.

Gordon

Repsol

Dec 25, 2021
Yorkshire
Took the bike out for the first ride after having a new motor fitted. Three words....

Same. Fucking. Noise!!!

I can feel the motor through the handlebars. I'm starting to wonder if the noise is reverberation through the frame rather than the motor itself. Maybe I'm clutching at straws? I'm really pissed about this.

Gordon

Your not the only one mines gone through 3 in four months of ownership and now the rear wheel is all loose. Even this motor cut out with a motor error too. Ive no faith in it anymore, just waiting for it to happen again. Spoke with Specialized and they said there's nothing they can do in swapping the bike.

akira

Dec 9, 2021
SanDiego
Your not the only one mines gone through 3 in four months of ownership and now the rear wheel is all loose. Even this motor cut out with a motor error too. Ive no faith in it anymore, just waiting for it to happen again. Spoke with Specialized and they said there's nothing they can do in swapping the bike.
It seems that bikes with motor issues continue to have issues even when a replacement is installed. Is an entire new motor unit installed when a replacement is made? Are any parts from the existing motor carried over at time of replacement?

Repsol

Dec 25, 2021
Yorkshire
It seems that bikes with motor issues continue to have issues even when a replacement is installed. Is an entire new motor unit installed when a replacement is made? Are any parts from the existing motor carried over at time of replacement?

This is what I was thinking.....but. Dealerships don't have the expertise to strip and build a motor, it's far more simpler to just send it back and swap it.
What my concerns are is it a reconditioned unit or brand new, if its brand new, then hells bells, Brose must be absolutely swamped with returned motors. They wouldn't have the time to be able to build new ones. It's like a dealer said to me, "With Specialized it's hit and miss whether or not you get a good one. We either never see that customer again or there back every two minutes with it.
That definitely applies in my case as after this recent motors been fitted, now the rear wheel is loose and the whole of the back end can be seen flexing when checking the wheel for play in the hub.

Repsol

Dec 25, 2021
Yorkshire

déja vu ......
Says it all if you ask me, all over again!!!
Make no wonder Mr Ridercare's gone all quiet on here.
I don't appreciate spending near on 8k and putting up with this kind of failure rate and poor quality.

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey
What’s the general consensus RE carbon VS alloy?

I’m weighing up the comp alloy (with upgrades) or Carbon expert. My gut feel at the moment is that the Carbon is really not worth the extra cash, from my perspective at least. My riding tends to be enduro/jumps/crashing :).

Not my first Ebike, and I still ride acoustic (YT Jeffsy) most of the time.

Keen to hear from people who’ve ridden both.

Jimmy22

Dec 25, 2021
Calgary

I’m weighing up the comp alloy (with upgrades) or Carbon expert. My gut feel at the moment is that the Carbon is really not worth the extra cash, from my perspective at least. My riding tends to be enduro/jumps/crashing :).

I have a 2021 comp alloy and a 2022 comp carbon (wt fox factory suspension)...gen3 geo aside, other than being slightly lighter I don't believe the feel (stiffness) of the carbon frame is much different. Having done my share of crashing, imo the alloy frame is pretty bulletproof...spec increased the thickness of the carbon frame on the gen3 and I hope it stands up to abuse as well as the alloy does. The reason I went for the comp carbon (vs. alloy) is for an extra $1k CAD (10%) gets you a sworks level frame, m-tcu electronics and swat tool. In addition to suspension, I plan to upgrade other components and should end up with a build similar to that of a pro at a cost less than an expert.

Chickon1

Nov 8, 2021
FL

I have the alloy frame and it feels pretty stiff. I've had carbon full sus feel loser that this. It all about the machining tolerances, which are TIGHT on the ALLOY. It has such a solid feel unlike other bikes, like when you pick up up and drop it.. nothing loose for vibrating. Leave the carbon for the rims.. that where you will feel the most difference. Go with the alloy and add a fox 38.. that made a huge difference..

beerglass

Jan 18, 2020
Bristol
Anyone know the part number or replacement for the 32T front chain ring ? The spesh web site is saying its steel but every site is only selling alu

akira

Dec 9, 2021
SanDiego
Alloy comp gen 3
I was after a steel 36 tooth SRAM XSYNC2 104BCD chainring and had emailed SRAM. They confirmed the steel ring is available in 32t 34t and 38t (not 36t). I can’t find the part number for the 32t online, but email SRAM from their website and they respond in a day.

If you are replacing the ring, you may consider going up to a 34t for better gearing on the Levo. You can use your same existing chain. On my Levo Expert, I went from the stock 34t steel ring to a 36t aluminum ring. Much better gearing.
85E949F1-7220-4C5E-997E-93F241609564.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles