Levo Gen 3 Official Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

mike172

May 12, 2021
Surrey
S146500017 for the 2022 Stumpy is the nearest I can find. I've bought a couple as I wanted some other stuff from bestbike

I'll update and let you know if they're any good

Twvandoren

Dec 5, 2020
USA
Anyone with a Gen3 Expert, Pro, or S-works have this rear upper brake line guide on their frame from the factory? I see it in the 2022 small parts schematic (see the arrow pointing to the guide), but it’s not on my expert and the rear brake line rubs against the frame. My frame has a bolt inserted, but no guide.

The photo of actual bike below is a friends 2021 Comp. You can see the brake line guide circled in yellow.

View attachment 81429

View attachment 81431
I bought an S-Works frame and it did not come with the guide. For what that frame cost I find that really disappointing.

Frank_Denmark

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Dec 17, 2018
Denmark
I have it 👌
Uden titel.jpg

notes

Nov 21, 2019
Sydney, Australia
I'd guess that this guide (which was on my Gen 2, but I removed it when installing new brakes) is sometimes removed at the bike shop's discretion based upon brake calliper type and rotor size, excess cable length and frame size. The guide/clip can interfere with the cable movement and make the cable radius too tight and kink. Best not to stress too much about it and add some frame protective tape. Just make sure that the brake cable's not too loose or slapping the frame! Hate those unnecessary noises..

Biketom

Nov 7, 2021
Bavaria
Hello,

somebody happen to know how many chain links you run on a Gen 3 S-Works with the 34 Chainring up front and 10-51 in the back?
(with 32 up front is also okay)

Thanks,
Tom

Jan 31, 2022
Nor Cal
Seems like wheel circumference is off or something... As I'm almost covering twice the speed and distance on the app... comparing to the Garmin.

Can someone let me know what has worked better for them specialized app wheel circumference? Assuming I will need to take it too a shop to be adjusted.

Screenshot_20220206-084023.jpg

Screenshot_20220206-084758.jpg

akira

Dec 9, 2021
SanDiego
Seems like wheel circumference is off or something... As I'm almost covering twice the speed and distance on the app... comparing to the Garmin.

Can someone let me know what has worked better for them specialized app wheel circumference? Assuming I will need to take it too a shop to be adjusted.

View attachment 81563

View attachment 81565
You setup for imperial or metric speed measurements? Check in MissionControl or on the Mastermind TCU menu.

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
I have 2021 Levo Comp M-size and it's spot on with size.
So, S3 with 2022? :unsure:

I'm 173cm "tall" and 79cm inseam.

Last edited:

Darbs

Jan 24, 2022
Staffordshire
Just took delivery of my new Levo Carbon Comp from Tredz today! Anyine every got there's out the box and had a yellow writing on the display screen saying "Please up date before riding"
  1. I've checked for updates on mission control - nothing
  2. I've done the factory reset by holding the two buttons for 45 seconds
Have contacted Tredz's and waiting for a call, some 3 hours ago, not great when you've spent so much with them!

Any peeps on here have any ideas?

Darbs

Jan 24, 2022
Staffordshire
No, the main battery is installed and I charged it up to about 50%. The firmware is the factory default, showing a turtle icon locked to something like 15kph and saying that it needs to be updated. Maybe this has something to do with the firmware.
Same issue for me....any ideas...I've got the full bike though

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
No hose guide on mine either. It doesn’t rattle and the hose runs in a nice smooth curve.

Open the Mission Control app, connect to the bike and then force close it. Open it again and the diag message will be gone. The “take to the dealer for a firmware update” message is a known issue with the MC app. The last updates were March 2020 so I doubt yours will have any parts in it manufactured before then.

Darbs

Jan 24, 2022
Staffordshire
No hose guide on mine either. It doesn’t rattle and the hose runs in a nice smooth curve.

Open the Mission Control app, connect to the bike and then force close it. Open it again and the diag message will be gone. The “take to the dealer for a firmware update” message is a known issue with the MC app. The last updates were March 2020 so I doubt yours will have any parts in it manufactured before then.
How do you mean force close it?

dfkenevo

Aug 13, 2018
Truckee, Ca
Nothing is wrong with your new bike, All the new ones come with this sticker and you see the turtle on the screen. It requires the dealer to connect the bike to the computer for the update. Unfortunately you can not do it using Mission Control. The bike shop should've taking care of it before giving you the bike.
Enjoy your new Levo!!!!

Repsol

Dec 25, 2021
Yorkshire
Had same issue with mine saying firmware update needed. Try this as this is what the bike shop did to mine after taking it back, to date its behaving fine. Take out the TCU display screen and charge it up overnight, the old tcu had a battery installed but the new mastermind has an internal battery. They said it could have been this on mine which was causing the issue. Its bad that the shop has delivered the bike to you in this state, complain about it as I got a substantial cash payment as an apology, worth a try.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eduardoramundo

Aug 8, 2019
Glasgow
Just took delivery of my new Levo Carbon Comp from Tredz today! Anyine every got there's out the box and had a yellow writing on the display screen saying "Please up date before riding"
  1. I've checked for updates on mission control - nothing
  2. I've done the factory reset by holding the two buttons for 45 seconds
Have contacted Tredz's and waiting for a call, some 3 hours ago, not great when you've spent so much with them!

Any peeps on here have any ideas?
Next time buy from Raceco and get some proper customer service 👍

Jan 31, 2022
Nor Cal
Dang it... had the bike less than a month and its already at the bike shop for service. Rode yesterday and all was fine with ride. Then later while home was going to show a friend and it simply wouldn't start. Just a black screen of death. Charged the main battery and TCU battery. Cleaned charging port with compressed air. uuuugh

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
How do you mean force close it?
Sorry, I thought you meant that it was showing that there was an update required on Mission Control not on the TCU screen. As @Repsol says try charging the TCU battery and if not it’ll have to go back to the dealer. Depending on your location it would be worth calling either RaceCo (Midlands) or Berkshire Cycles (Southwest) as they’ll be able to help you faster than Tredz. I, as have a large number of others on the forum, have had excellent service from both dealers.

Hoppy

Nov 1, 2018
Washington
Ok I got the rattle! So I have been off the forum for awhile. Like up to page 38. Did we ever decided definitively where the rattle comes from? I have changed to axs shifter and axs dropper so those conduits could be pulled but not sure how to do it and is it a contributor? It seems to only rattle over roots and rocks when on the bike. If I bounce the bike when off it doesn’t do it. Also was it decided the battery is what is rattling? It drives me crazy! Any guidance would be appreciated before I start tearing things apart on my new bike. Could be as simple as the tcu cables behind the display I could wrap those in something soft first.

Sincerely Rattled

Brianjonesphoto

Patreon
Oct 8, 2018
Seattle USA
Hi all. I joined the 22 Levo club yesterday. I had no plans of replacing my 18 Meta Power but the S6 Levo just fits in a way no other bike ever has. A local shop had an alloy comp on the floor and I went in for a test ride. That was an expensive test ride.

The only fit adjustment has been move the 2 spacers from above to below the stem. On its maiden voyage today I am impressed. I went to my local spot so I could have apple to apples. My private segment times improved significantly compared to where I’d been on my meta lately. I’m caulking the improvements up to fit. I’m no longer freakishly high above a bike that was too short (485 reach vs 532)

My first question is how can I adjust the over run when I stop pedaling? It’s not major but maybe a second. I notice it more in trail 45/100 than eco 35/35. I played with the acceleration setting and didn’t notice much difference in regard to surge after I stop
Pedaling. My E-8000 does it too but maybe I’m just used to it and there are subtle differences. Thanks

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
Ok I got the rattle! So I have been off the forum for awhile. Like up to page 38. Did we ever decided definitively where the rattle comes from? I have changed to axs shifter and axs dropper so those conduits could be pulled but not sure how to do it and is it a contributor? It seems to only rattle over roots and rocks when on the bike. If I bounce the bike when off it doesn’t do it. Also was it decided the battery is what is rattling? It drives me crazy! Any guidance would be appreciated before I start tearing things apart on my new bike. Could be as simple as the tcu cables behind the display I could wrap those in something soft first.

Sincerely Rattled

search for my posts in this thread, I solved it by removing the conduits and using bubble wrap.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles