Levo Gen 3 Official Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

Swissrob

Sep 4, 2018
Switzerland
2022 Comp and Comp carbon are due for release, there is a dealer event on the 5th August in Switzerland and I viewed the pictures/specs at a dealer last week. Prices in CHF are 100 more than 21 model, colors matt black, red, blue and dark sage green, dealer commented the Oak green (I agree) was one of the nicest colors in the 21 model range and sad it wasn't continued. Can't remember the specs offhand.

cuaion

Sep 16, 2019
Denmark
2022 Comp and Comp carbon are due for release, there is a dealer event on the 5th August in Switzerland and I viewed the pictures/specs at a dealer last week. Prices in CHF are 100 more than 21 model, colors matt black, red, blue and dark sage green, dealer commented the Oak green (I agree) was one of the nicest colors in the 21 model range and sad it wasn't continued. Can't remember the specs offhand.

Hope we will see them soon :D

beutelfuchs

Aug 11, 2019
Barcelona
I finally broke the flap of my wifes bike, but the ride was nice.
Is there meanwhile any conclusions regarding the rattle? I still have it...

PXL_20210802_155253396.jpg

NewBeeEMTB

Jun 28, 2021
SoCal
Is the 2022 Levo Expert Speed/odometer more accurate then Garmin? Every ride it logs more mileage then garmin.
I too wonder that question because I know on my 22 expert the distance between mission control and my apple watch when I do a bike ride is usually off about half a mile. So I wonder if the speed setting is off as well? I usually ride about 10.3 miles every morning before work but my watch always tracks 9.8 miles. I usually ride in Eco to get a workout I'm sure if it were not 4:30 in the morning it's probably a site to see since I wear my MTB shoes and Fox DropFrame Pro with my roadie spandex, lol " I can't tell if that's a MTB rider or Roadie?

Jpzeroday

Sep 16, 2018
Nevada
I feel the Levo would be a better bike with more rear travel.

Does anyone have any experience with shock mods on an S5, for instance, to achieve additional travel?

Eduardoramundo

Aug 8, 2019
Glasgow
Specs have been out ages.

1628162499449.png

Jpzeroday

Sep 16, 2018
Nevada
Guys, I dig the Levo 3. Have had 4 demo days, but not enough time to get the suspension dialed in…I hoping to know from you:

Can the 150mm travel keep up with repeated gnarly midsize hits on fast descents enough to keep from beating up the rider?

I wasn’t able to get the X2 dialed-in to know if indeed the shock just needed to be tuned properly, or if alternately the suspension is under-gunned for chunky descents.

Who else rides this terrain regularly? Do you have your Levo3 working well in the gnar?

Posted an earlier question if it was possible to add rear travel on the larger sizes, too.

zebt66

Jul 28, 2021
Wake Forest, NC
Guys, I dig the Levo 3. Have had 4 demo days, but not enough time to get the suspension dialed in…I hoping to know from you:

Can the 150mm travel keep up with repeated gnarly midsize hits on fast descents enough to keep from beating up the rider?

I wasn’t able to get the X2 dialed-in to know if indeed the shock just needed to be tuned properly, or if alternately the suspension is under-gunned for chunky descents.

Who else rides this terrain regularly? Do you have your Levo3 working well in the gnar?

Posted an earlier question if it was possible to add rear travel on the larger sizes, too.

I didn't have good luck with the Fox, i upgraded to Ohlins and it is amazing!

TBL79

Nov 5, 2020
Finland
Gen 3 can take massive beating on gnarly descents. I had gen 2 with Vorsprunged Zeb and Storia. Probably main difference is with gen 3 more adjustable head angle,with slack setting gen 3 is very confident inspring machine. That being said rear suspension feels on the end of it more proggessive and you feel more hits and on first rides I feel more beaten up. But after you get used it,its fine and you forget it. Of course would I want more travel on rear,yes. But "lack" of travel hasn't been negative side,its more on riders hand what you could ride with new levo.

Dwdrums00

May 8, 2019
NorCal
Has anyone else been able to resolve the rattling issue on their sworks? I know some have mentioned they had a loud motor which was replacement and the rattle was resolved. My motor is very quite and performance seems to be on par. I removed the fork and TCU in order to individually wrap all of the cables in thick rubber tubing. I also replaced the split bearing race on the fork with a proper press fit race. Lastly, I double checked the end cap was installed on the battery (S4 size frame). Despite all of this I still have a loud rattle while riding DH. It is so significant I can feel it in the handlebars.

TBL79

Nov 5, 2020
Finland
Has anyone else been able to resolve the rattling issue on their sworks? I know some have mentioned they had a loud motor which was replacement and the rattle was resolved. My motor is very quite and performance seems to be on par. I removed the fork and TCU in order to individually wrap all of the cables in thick rubber tubing. I also replaced the split bearing race on the fork with a proper press fit race. Lastly, I double checked the end cap was installed on the battery (S4 size frame). Despite all of this I still have a loud rattle while riding DH. It is so significant I can feel it in the handlebars.

Double check that isn't coming from rear shock. Though its more knocking sound. My x2 is on fox service now. Though haven't heard them since. Also no other symptons,no feels on bar etc.

beutelfuchs

Aug 11, 2019
Barcelona
I did the following experiment today: I wanted to ride the Gen3 Levo with the Batte ry from my Gen2 Kenevo. Normally, to make them equal, you have to fit the plastik peaces at the rear and the front of the battery. I was I bit lazy and only changed the front (where the plug goes) and I left the rear alone. So I went out riding with the wrong plastik on the rear of the battery. And surprise: 1800m descend, no rattle. Before I always had it.
Bottom line: I am 90% sure its from the battery.

Dwdrums00

May 8, 2019
NorCal
I did the following experiment today: I wanted to ride the Gen3 Levo with the Batte ry from my Gen2 Kenevo. Normally, to make them equal, you have to fit the plastik peaces at the rear and the front of the battery. I was I bit lazy and only changed the front (where the plug goes) and I left the rear alone. So I went out riding with the wrong plastik on the rear of the battery. And surprise: 1800m descend, no rattle. Before I always had it.
Bottom line: I am 90% sure its from the battery.

Appreciate the feedback. I might borrow a battery from my friend's Gen2 Levo and try the same experiment.

Four Flusher

Jun 24, 2019
Reno
OK about that rattle. It's not the battery, because it's still there even when riding without the battery. It's got to be the motor or motor mounts.

Reactions: EME

beutelfuchs

Aug 11, 2019
Barcelona
OK about that rattle. It's not the battery, because it's still there even when riding without the battery. It's got to be the motor or motor mounts.
How are you riding without the battery, what are you doing with the hanging plug?
I´d like to try it as well.
Maybe there are multiple rattles...

Layon

Aug 9, 2021
Madrid
Does anybody try 230x57.5 shock? and how much travel would that be with longer stroke shock?
It would have 156,8 mm of travel. But your geometry would be much less slacker, about 66 o 67 HA... Probably with the low config and with a shock of 216/65 the geometry would be the same, and you would have 171 mm of travel. But you should always try first you have enough space. Maybe with a rear wheel of 2.4 there is enough room, but try it first.

Han

May 25, 2021
Vienna
Why on the earth they shimmed 34.9mm to 30.9mm? I spent 600 EURO on a Reverb AXS for 2020 and now got to sell it buy a new one again for the frame upgrade, what a waste of time.

Villbass

Sep 23, 2019
Drammen, Norway
2022 TURBO LEVO Pro and experts shutting down, showing no battery. Anyone else

Check the battery / motor socket and plug for small metal debris. I had the same problem, and saw that the charger plug had picked up some small metal debris from the workshop floor and transferred it to the battery/motor socket.

Klinge

Oct 19, 2020
Denmark

Any news about a possible launch date? :D

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
I believe it's the sprag clutch in the motor. Nothing you can do about it. Some are quieter than others because I'm guessing they have a little more grease in there. Just ignore it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles