Levo Gen 3 Official Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
san francisco, california
I thought the same, so removed the battery and rode over some roots, same rattle. It’s not the battery, also the dealer put foam spray in the frame to check it was not cable rattle, still rattles. Only when riding and going over roots/trail chatter.
So guess our Levo’s now sound like shimano motors are in as they have the same rattle:(
No rattles on mine

it’s the same motor as previous gen and never had rattle on my ‘19 levo or ‘20 Kenevo

the power cable now has a metal latch. Where it connects to the motor. Maybe that’s what’s making noise in the motor area ?

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
Also, if you are running a wireless dropper you can get rid of the routing that connects to the bottle cage. It’s like a plastic straw that runs along the bottom tube to the head tube. Removed the one on my bike and now it feels lighter ?

Four Flusher

Jun 24, 2019
Reno
I added the battery extender thingy on my S5 expert. Maybe it reduced the rattle a bit, not sure. Bottom line I love the bike, warts and all. Charging door's almost gone and a bit of a rattle when ripping down rough downhill, hopefully someone smarter than me will figure it out, but for now I don't give a shit.

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
I'm really curious to know how it goes with the 170 slack front and high rear or 170 neutral front and low rear ... I'll wait to read your feelings :geek:
The Levo is legit

Favorite setting so far with 170mm fork:
Slack front and high rear
Changed the stem back to 50mm

I haven’t tried neutral with the 170. I want to keep it at slack since I’ve been riding a lot of loose steep chunky trails lately. Turns real good with the rear on high and no pedal strikes. Maneuvers well when sliding down steep windy terrain. I was surprised by how much control it had.

i was able to get through roots and ruts just fine. Whew. It pops over roots and goes through tech at high speed with ease. The bike feels like it has more than 150 travel. I didn’t use about 20mm of the fork travel. good to know I didn’t bottom out and still have room for bigger hits.

AEEA5EFC-A447-4E41-857E-90F3C36491EA.jpeg

gling

Apr 21, 2021
Ardmore, PA
Just picked up my S3 S-Works Turbo Levo yesterday. Nice bike all around and a thrill to be on an eBike for the first time.

Haven’t put it through it’s paces but I noticed that upshifting is rough most of the time. I assume it’s a programmed momentum feature (acceleration setting?) that continues to provide power when I stop peddling.

I normally stop peddling for a brief moment on regular bikes when I up- or down-shift to negate such issues but wonder if it is expected for eBikes. I’m going to try messing with the software settings the next time I am able to ride the bike but I wanted to get input in the meantime.

P/s: Apparently Specialized forgot to include the battery charging port cap/flap with my build so I am running around without a charging port cover. Not sure what to make of it but let it be an FYI to future buyers.

Best regards,

Gerald View attachment 63878

Hey @Specialized Rider Care, where’s my battery recharge port cover? My bike didn’t come with it and my LBS called to place a replacement order over a week ago.

A bit of a poor show to deliver a bike incomplete esp. with a part that is supposed to protect the most delicate component of the bike.

553AA9EC-ED13-4456-9159-27942BE8C3F9.jpeg

Four Flusher

Jun 24, 2019
Reno
Hey @Specialized Rider Care, where’s my battery recharge port cover? My bike didn’t come with it and my LBS called to place a replacement order over a week ago.

A bit of a poor show to deliver a bike incomplete esp. with a part that is supposed to protect the most delicate component of the bike.

View attachment 64080
It was probably broken by your dealer when they built your bike. It's a bad design. My dealer has ten doors on order but until there's a redesign the replacement will brake too.

gling

Apr 21, 2021
Ardmore, PA
It was probably broken by your dealer when they built your bike. It's a bad design. My dealer has ten doors on order but until there's a redesign the replacement will brake too.

Thought about that and could still very likely be the case. Gave the LBS the benefit of the doubt since the bolt receptacle(?) for the cover is pristine without signs (no threads) of attempted install. The LBS either had just lost it from the get go or broke it before it even made it onto the bike.

I can live with a bad design but would rather have a broken hinge that I can work with than my gaffer tape papier-mâché that’s attempting to keep the elements out.

beutelfuchs

Aug 11, 2019
Barcelona
@Specialized Rider Care
I might have found a little specification bug of the TCU. Here is how it goes:

1. Switch on bike -> TCU is in "trail" mode
2. press 2x minus button -> TCU is in "off" mode (I did that today accidently)
3. hold plus key for 2s to enter micro tune mode
4. Press + hold walk assist button -> walk assist will NOT engange. I assume this is not intended, at least its unexpected as the engine still engagend normally while pedaling 1s before

to fix it:
5. hold plus key for 2s to exit micro tune mode
6. press plus button at least once to go from "off" to "eco, trail or boost"
7. hold plus key for 2s to enter micro tune mode
8. Press + hold walk assist button -> walk assist will engange normally

anditirol

Jun 14, 2021
Tirol, Austria
I added the battery extender thingy on my S5 expert. Maybe it reduced the rattle a bit, not sure. Bottom line I love the bike, warts and all. Charging door's almost gone and a bit of a rattle when ripping down rough downhill, hopefully someone smarter than me will figure it out, but for now I don't give a shit.
I have a rattle too on my Levo Pro. Added the battery extender and took the battery out, still a rattle.
I think it is the cable (guides) in the top tube. Since S-Works user do have the same problem it's probably not the cable from the dropper post.

Maybe I will try to put a Procore inner tube (Schwalbe 29 FV Procore Tube Dual 25/40-622 EK 52mm - 16,90 € - Muziker) into the top tube. After inflation the rattle should stop...

Other ideas or does someone already has a solution?

Last edited:

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
I have a rattle too on my Levo Pro. Added the battery extender and took the battery out, still a rattle.
I think it is the cable (guides) in the top tube. Since S-Works user do have the same problem it's probably not the cable from the dropper post.

Maybe I will try to put a Procore inner tube (Schwalbe 29 FV Procore Tube Dual 25/40-622 EK 52mm - 16,90 € - Muziker) into the top tube. After inflation the rattle should stop...

Other ideas or does someone already has a solution?
Are you sure it's not from the motor? Pick the back end up and drop it, does that make the noise? My Levo's motors (x2) made a rattle which was the sprag clutch when unloaded. If your rattle goes away when pedaling this could be your rattle too.

anditirol

Jun 14, 2021
Tirol, Austria
No 100% sure, but there is no rattle when I pick up the back and drop it. I will get replaced my motor because the motor has its own issues, I will report if the motor was the problem.

Specialized Rider Care

Official Specialized
Subscriber
Official Specialized
Jul 12, 2018
@Specialized Rider Care
I might have found a little specification bug of the TCU. Here is how it goes:

1. Switch on bike -> TCU is in "trail" mode
2. press 2x minus button -> TCU is in "off" mode (I did that today accidently)
3. hold plus key for 2s to enter micro tune mode
4. Press + hold walk assist button -> walk assist will NOT engange. I assume this is not intended, at least its unexpected as the engine still engagend normally while pedaling 1s before

to fix it:
5. hold plus key for 2s to exit micro tune mode
6. press plus button at least once to go from "off" to "eco, trail or boost"
7. hold plus key for 2s to enter micro tune mode
8. Press + hold walk assist button -> walk assist will engange normally
Hey @beutelfuchs,

Thanks for the name check, are you saying when bike is in motor support "off" or set to "0%" support in micro tune mode walk assist does not engage.

As you state this is designed system behaviour as when you set the bike to have no motor support even walk assist will not engage for safety reasons.

When in micro tune mode once support is increased back to minumum of 10% you can press and hold F2 and walk assit will engage as normal.

Thanks,

Specialized Team.

1623658123533.png

gling

Apr 21, 2021
Ardmore, PA
thanks
8ft roll cut down to length
i only had 5/16" and 7mm tubes which were actually too tight. so size up. took a while to get the TCU connector through the shrink wrap

What is the clearance/fit like between the AXS paddle shifter and the Levo controller having them both on the same side btw?

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
What is the clearance/fit like between the AXS paddle shifter and the Levo controller having them both on the same side btw?
Plenty of clearance with shimano xtr levers. I’m using the sram matchmaker mounts

With magura levers the axs paddle is real close to the walk assist button. Real close but doesn’t touch

i ran the same set up when i had the remote on Levo, Levo SL and Kenevo. No issues. Then I removed the remote completely and used the TCU button. If I could do it with the gen3 I would

i will eventually get a left handed water bottle cage. Right hand to control drivetrain, motor and rear brake. Left hand to grab stuff from bag or bottle cage, adjust firm on shock, etc. Better to grab rear brake in case of emergency while riding one handed….of course this set up works for mostly US riders

Last edited:

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
I really like this solution and would like to try to do it, how did you get the TCU connector through? Do you have some advice? Thanks in advance

View attachment 64414
Use a larger diameter shrink tube and the connector will fit right through. For a 5/16” diameter I used a large zip tie to push the connector through

Here in US, 5/16” was the largest I could find in a roll so I can cut to length. All others are cut in pieces. Probably could of ordered online.

You will need a barb an olive for the brake line. Also you will need to bleed the brake. I usually apply shrink wrap whenever I’m already cutting the brake line. In this case i was already replacing the levers.

For the tcu, unscrew from frame to access the wire. Unplug then feed through shrink tube then the brake line. Reconnect, position and clean everything before heating the shrink tube

i make sure the frame is covered when using the heat gun. Also don’t apply too much heat for a long time or else the brake lines and wire will melt. A lighter will also work

Last edited:

Paolone

Jul 20, 2019
Italia

2022 Specialized Levo Gen 3: Ultimate in profondità Look

Che bici!!
[/CITAZIONE]

ciao Rob! Chiedo consiglio a te ea chi ha provato il Kenevo SL! Sono molto indeciso su quale acquistare visto che amo principalmente sia le discese enduro che quelle DH, ma non voglio impazzire per la salita o salire con una velocità minima. è così tanta la differenza tra le due moto? Ora uso un esperto di carbonio 2021 ... buona vita

toublanc

May 18, 2021
Poland
Hey,

Can anyone share 4 digit Fox code from his Float X2 Factory? I’m thinking about upgrading my shock and I need to verify the tune.

Thx :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles