Levo Gen 3 Official Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

Sep 19, 2020
Squamish, BC, Canada
Slack headset and low chip is great. I’ve ridden everything we have to offer in squamish since I got the bike; big jump trails, flow trails, slabs, and steeps and haven’t been disappointed once.

Oh I haven’t ridden any XC trails, it might not work for that but who cares.

jpdbr

Jul 19, 2019
Chile
I'm really curious to know how it goes with the 170 slack front and high rear or 170 neutral front and low rear ... I'll wait to read your feelings :geek:
I’m running 170 from day one and have tried every possible setup, with 170 and slack front it’s almost impossible to ride the rear in Low because it’s too low as a cause of also having 170 at the front which lowers the rear as well. Best setup is slack on front and high on rear

zorro77

Apr 13, 2021
Italy
Why didn't you even try the bike with 150 before putting on the 170? I'm still waiting for it but before putting on the 170 I'll try the original 150 to better understand the differences, how beautiful this bike is, I can't wait for it to arrive

jpdbr

Jul 19, 2019
Chile
Why didn't you even try the bike with 150 before putting on the 170? I'm still waiting for it but before putting on the 170 I'll try the original 150 to better understand the differences, how beautiful this bike is, I can't wait for it to arrive
Bike comes with 160 from factory, and yes I have ridden my dads gen3 with 160 and for my riding the 170 suits better

zorro77

Apr 13, 2021
Italy
oh sure, sorry I was wrong to write, I meant the 160 ... I just went to the dealer, he doesn't have certain dates for delivery yet,
Do I have to wait any longer
?

I would like to mount the OneUp carbon Rise 35 handlebar, has anyone tried it? Which stem do you recommend?

Who is kind enough to tell me which adapter should I buy to use rear disc 220 too?

Last edited:

toublanc

May 18, 2021
Poland
I’ve just brought her home, bars replaced (OneUp Carbon 20mm/800mm), seat post replaced (OneUp 200mm), stem switched to 35mm.

Maiden ride tomorrow:)

13684A3E-38F9-4457-8EEA-309D99985A18.jpeg

sometimesjoe

Mar 17, 2021
SF Bay Area, Ca
I’m running the OneUp 35 bars and Deity Copperhead 35. I like the shorter length now and the bars I’m used to as I’m running them on my Stumpjumper, too.

For the guys that replaced their stem or took it apart, do you have any play in the headset or front end? I tighten the preload Swat bolt the best I can and I get some play when lifting the front end. No play when rocking front and back. So wondering is that is normal? I’m running on the most slack setting

WatermanJim

May 23, 2021
Ocean City, NJ
I’m running the OneUp 35 bars and Deity Copperhead 35. I like the shorter length now and the bars I’m used to as I’m running them on my Stumpjumper, too.

For the guys that replaced their stem or took it apart, do you have any play in the headset or front end? I tighten the preload Swat bolt the best I can and I get some play when lifting the front end. No play when rocking front and back. So wondering is that is normal? I’m running on the most slack setting
Add a slightly taller spacer under the top cap or cut down the steering tube.

sometimesjoe

Mar 17, 2021
SF Bay Area, Ca
Add a slightly taller spacer under the top cap or cut down the steering tube.
Yep, swapped some spacers around and it’s the same. Swapped out the anchor bolt for the Swat chain tool for a shorter one and it didn’t help much. I was going to cut the steerer tube slightly to reduce some spaces but I’m not sure it’ll help. If it’s within specs then I’m not worried. I only feel it when I lift the front.

WatermanJim

May 23, 2021
Ocean City, NJ
Yep, swapped some spacers around and it’s the same. Swapped out the anchor bolt for the Swat chain tool for a shorter one and it didn’t help much. I was going to cut the steerer tube slightly to reduce some spaces but I’m not sure it’ll help. If it’s within specs then I’m not worried. I only feel it when I lift the front.
Wow that's weird. I would take it all apart, clean and inspect everything and put it back together carefully. If you can't get it tight, then you can't ride it, sorry to say.

toublanc

May 18, 2021
Poland
Slightly disappointed with Fox X2 shock on Expert Carbon. I thought Performance Elite line it’s literally Factory without Kashima, but it’s obviously true only for the fork - this one has all bells and whistles. The shock is missing HSR and HSC settings… Not too big of a dea, still- it’s a shame…

176B7E48-F47A-41F6-8150-EE0451E04624.jpeg

AD1B2E31-3FE5-4DEC-8FFD-BEC7964F1CC2.jpeg

F57B95BF-452F-4873-B33B-056DE02A5F73.jpeg

Last edited:

WatermanJim

May 23, 2021
Ocean City, NJ
Slightly disappointed with Fox X2 shock on Expert Carbon. I thought Performance Elite line it’s literally Factory without Kashima, but it’s obviously true only for the fork - this one has all bells and whistle. The shock is missing HSR and HSC settings… Not too big of a dea, still- it’s a shame…

View attachment 63405

View attachment 63406

View attachment 63407
Damn! I noticed that too. I don't miss HSR but I would like HSC.
Can't trust the guy who types in specs on the website. :p

WatermanJim

May 23, 2021
Ocean City, NJ
Slightly disappointed with Fox X2 shock on Expert Carbon. I thought Performance Elite line it’s literally Factory without Kashima, but it’s obviously true only for the fork - this one has all bells and whistle. The shock is missing HSR and HSC settings… Not too big of a dea, still- it’s a shame…

The shock is the performance not the performance elite!
Hey Specialized!!

toublanc

May 18, 2021
Poland

On the other hand they speced X01 shifter and derailleur, I was prepared for GX. Never mind, first 42km behind me, this bike is a beast! Coming from Nomad and gosh, I was not ready for this! ???

I need to get rid of tubes tonight and order compression tokens for both Foxes.

Money well spent.

toublanc

May 18, 2021
Poland
No worries. No, it wouldn’t fit in all way down. It might work with S5 or OneUp180mm.

On the other hand, I’m not a big guy (181cm / 5’11) and I had to bring it up 6-7cm.

Let me know if you need exact measurements of the bike and the rider.

Paolone

Jul 20, 2019
Italia
Nessun problema. No, non starebbe bene fino in fondo. Potrebbe funzionare con S5 o OneUp180mm.

D'altra parte non sono un ragazzone (181cm / 5'11) e ho dovuto alzarlo di 6-7cm.

Fammi sapere se hai bisogno delle misure esatte della moto e del pilota.
[/CITAZIONE]
Ciao! Posso chiederti se l'hai pesato? Vorrei vedere se è simile alla versione pro

Paolone

Jul 20, 2019
Italia
Chiedo a chi ha già provato bene la nuova Levo quali sono le differenze sostanziali rispetto alla Gen. 2. Adesso sto guidando una Expert Carbon 2021 e mi piace molto la maneggevolezza in discesa. Non vorrei che la nuova versione rendesse tutto troppo fluido in discesa

toublanc

May 18, 2021
Poland
Sorry, can’t say much about how it compares to Gen2. I only had couple of short spins on a previous version. I’m sure others can give you more feedback.

toublanc

May 18, 2021
Poland
I'd like that OneUp Seat post on the S3 but I think the 180 Is the max size can fit

AFAIR they have detailed technical drawings on OneUp website. Add this to the data on Specialized website (seat tube length, max insertion), compare to your current setup (or measure insteam) and you’ll have all the data. This is how I picked my seatpost and it worked well.

Last edited:

toublanc

May 18, 2021
Poland

No idea how much she weights, but I’d imagine the weight difference Pro to Expert is almost negligible. Carbon wheelset, bar and Fox seatpost might shave 200-300g but that’s about it. If you decide to go with Pro version you will get premium components (factory suspension and carbon wheels) but thats about it. E-bikes are not necessarily for weight weenies :).

For comparison I have fully rigid Niner Air 9 Carbon (sub 9kg), X01 speced Santa Cruz Nomad (13,5kg) and the Levo 2022. I definitely need to learn how to bunny hop or manual with Levo’s added weight, but on the track or a trail extra kilograms simply disappear.

Buy what you like and what you can afford. It’s a great bike no doubt.

PS. I almost forgot the most important factor - availability :). I was on the market for the Pro, but I don’t mind saving $2k and 3 months of waiting.

Last edited:

GeorgesEBike

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jul 30, 2018
Verdi, NV
Slightly disappointed with Fox X2 shock on Expert Carbon. I thought Performance Elite line it’s literally Factory without Kashima, but it’s obviously true only for the fork - this one has all bells and whistles. The shock is missing HSR and HSC settings… Not too big of a dea, still- it’s a shame…

View attachment 63405

View attachment 63406

View attachment 63407

Use a 3mm for the LSC and a 6mm for the HSC. The HSR is a dial located at the rear of the shock.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles