Bafang M500 and M600 motors

krokan

Oct 20, 2021
B
Assumption is correct. ;) You can change even better for FC2.0 controller...
Hi, is FC2.0 the latest one? I see everywhere FC3.2 for sale.

1680528314802.png

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
M600 FC3.2 and strange here, also new M600 contriller has same label (and is not compatible with old M600 firmwares)
M510 FC1.0 or FC2.0

casainho

May 27, 2022
Portugal
So, I am being riding my EBike, and here is a picture of a full day riding but with a lot of mud:

I have some good news for this project: EBike / EScooter modular DIY OpenSource electronics and software

1. Wireless communication between the EBike board and display: There is a new Python version (CircuitPyhton) that implements wireless communication between the ESP32 boards - I already tested. This means the display and the EBike board do not need anymore to have the UART communication, so that is less 2 wires to connect. The display only needs 2 wires from the EBike board: 5V and GND (or it can have a battery and be fully wireless - but I do not plan to do this).

2. Unit tests on the firmware: I got the unit tests on the firmware, using PyTest - but on another smaller project using the same ESP32 board. I will bring the unit test to this project and the firmware quality will improve!!

casainho

May 27, 2022
Portugal
On my Dengfu E10 frame, there is a button switch specifically to turn on the EBike. I connect this switch to the battery JBD BMS that has a specific connector for a switch like this. The JBD BMS switch is very important, because it switches the power on/off but in a safe way, avoiding sparks that would damage the contacts and the electronics.

As I am right now installing the VESC + EBike/EScooter board on my Xiaomi M365 stand up scooter, I also need that button switch but there is no such thing on the M365 scooter (well, there is but can not be used on the BMS). I came up with a solution that may be useful for everyone that uses a JBD BMS on his EBike/EScooter:

What: a small DIY board that automatically switches ON the popular JBD BMS, effectively switching ON the EBike/EScooter, when there is motion / vibration. Automatically switches OFF the BMS after a timeout without motion, like 20 minutes (configured).

Avoids the need to install a mechanical switch and also adds the safe timeout that automatically switchs OFF the EBike/EScooter.

Project page repository with all information: GitHub - OpenSourceEBike/Automatic_Switch_Anti_spark_JBD_BMS: A modular DIY automatic switch anti-spark using JBD BMS

Features​

• Switch ON the EBike/EScooter by shaking: JBD BMS switchs ON when there is motion of the EBike/EScooter.
  • Automatic switch OFF the EBike/EScooter: JBD BMS switchs OFF after a custom timeout like 30 minutes, when there is no more motion.
  • Ultra low power: espected to use only 0.007 watts when JBD BMS is switched OFF (will take 8 years to discharge a 500Wh battery).
  • Cheap and easy to DIY: costs 5€ in materials and needs only soldering 8 wires.
  • Wireless communication with other boards (planned, optional): an EBike/EScooter main board can communicate by wireless and switch OFF immediatly the JBD BMS.
board_05.jpg

board_01.jpg

schematic.png
board_05.jpg

krokan

Oct 20, 2021
B
Hi,
is the nylon gear in M500 the same as the nylon gear in M600?
Yesterday I broke some teeths on my M500 gear and now I can't find any seller on Aliexpress selling for M500, only for M600 (Aliexpress search engine sucks).
Does enybody know where to buy this gear for M500?

1683282781275.png

reka123

May 20, 2023
Poland
Hi guys, I have a problem with my Bafang M500. It turned off during mountain riding and I can't turn it on. I was thinking It's to hot, and after few minutest it will works again, but already not. I've checked battery, and main power supply to controller (yellow plug). It's ok. ~40V, full 36V battery. I also checked all connection and replace wire between motor and display (I had spare one). How can I check controller (maybe some fuses on it?) Could you help?

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Hello.

Seems like controller is gone. Have you tried to swapp display and buttons? Most probably wont help though.
If you skilled, I can tell you which pin short to ground to check if controller starting (if you dont have spare display).

reka123

May 20, 2023
Poland
Hello.

Seems like controller is gone. Have you tried to swapp display and buttons? Most probably wont help though.
If you skilled, I can tell you which pin short to ground to check if controller starting (if you dont have spare display).
Could you tell which pins? I don't have spare display. This is CAN version. Do I need Besst Tool when replace controller? I also do this test and after push the power button, voltage droped to ~2-3V so it seems, fuse in controller should be ok?

Last edited:

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Mate, you doing wrong conclusions, because you dont know how the power up works. Why u so surprised it is discharging capacitors, when u press power button? Press also minus and plus, one of it will be discharging also. There is resistor on buttons which is grounding battery.

Why u wont put down controller and inspect first pcb? Its 1 minute. That part with finns, no need to open whole motor. You look skilled. I would say you would find something blown or greenish rust on battery voltage paths.

PM me.

And yes, you would need Besst as you would need run calibration after controller replacement.
Or this can be cheaper then Besst:

Last edited:

reka123

May 20, 2023
Poland
Mate, you doing wrong conclusions, because you dont know how the power up works. Why u so surprised it is discharging capacitors, when u press power button? Press also minus and plus, one if it will be discharging also. There is resistor on buttons which is grounding battery.

Why u wont put down controller and inspect first pcb? Its 1 minute. That part with finns, no need to open whole motor. You look skilled. I would say you would find something blown or greenish rust on battery voltage paths.

PM me.

And yes, you would need Besst as you would need run calibration after controller replacement.
Or this can be cheaper then Besst:

Have a stupid question but... can't find any button to start PM :(... I text to you on whatsapp.

So, inspect PCB It was one of the first thing what I have done. And on the first look it seems to be good (pic below, reverse side looks simillar). I can't find any issue. But I'm also not as far in electronic to know what to measure in first step. I found this youtube totrurial and also try it. In this toturial was suggestion if voltage will not drop - fuse is broken. Also checked buttons on remote controler and it's working fine.
WhatsApp Image 2023-05-21 at 06.14.20(2).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-05-21 at 06.14.20(1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-05-21 at 06.14.20.jpeg

Last edited:

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
There is LED on pcb, if I remember right is light on when u press power and blinking when it boot. Try. If no blinking microcontroller is not booting.

Show me pls. the fuse, which one it is. Did u mesure it as u stating in video?

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Hello guys.

Just had here new ebike with M500. Looks like Bafang has also now some new controllers in M500 (bootloader) as I was not able to flash firmware over Besst. Motor just didnt react. Must be again some new boot code. :(
Firmware which is in a motor: CRX10NC4812i142015.3

Have 15.5 and 15.8 but not taking it.

If anybody has a new firmware bin file to M500 please share, will analyse it.

Last edited:

AlexRus

Mar 30, 2019
Russia
Does anyone have the contact of a trusted seller who sells version 2 of the M600 engine?
I tried to buy on Ali, but there are all liars and deceivers, they send the wrong version.
I need a version that is configurable via BESST

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles