Bafang M500 and M600 motors

boom boom

Oct 20, 2023
pattaya
Yes, also without TS.
You said u have changed everything, right? So only sensor is missing. ;)

Try connect to Best without torque sensor connected and let us know.
hy after a month i replug the controler without torque sensor and this time the screen turn on .Why now and not before i have no idea .
So i test torque sensor plug the screen not turn on .
I change torque sensor for new one and this time the screen turn on .
So it s defently a torque sensor error .
I had 2 engin and 2 torque sensor error .
The bad thinks is too change the torque sensor we have to change the entire piece unstead of only the electric part .
Will be good if we can order only the electric part .
Thank s for you re help .

Tomblarom

Feb 3, 2021
Germany
BESST Pro compatible 46.2 firmware found!
Here is the flashable M600 48V 46.2 firmware that can be adjusted with BESST Pro 😎 Have fun!
Be aware, all "Max. Power" levels are on 100% by default! You need to adjust them yourself!

CRX10NC4818i132046.2

Please report any issues, you might encounter with this firmware, in this thread!

1708970081548.png

Attachments

• 93_CRX10NC4818i132046.2_besst-pro.zip
    49.1 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

PitcairN

Aug 5, 2023
Slovakia
Here is the flashable 46.2 firmware that can be adjusted with BESST Pro 😎 Have fun!
Be aware, all "Max. Power" levels are on 100% by default! You need to adjust them yourself!

Please report any issues, you might encounter with this firmware, in this thread!

View attachment 135282
It looks like M600 48V firmware, doesn't it? Anything interesting for M510?

boom boom

Oct 20, 2023
pattaya
Here is the flashable M600 48V 46.2 firmware that can be adjusted with BESST Pro 😎 Have fun!

CRX10NC4818i132046.2

View attachment 135282
Thx almos there ...... any idea ?

3333.jpg

boom boom

Oct 20, 2023
pattaya
Thx butttt not working for me . I put 60 km/h write went to beest pro with the account asdf and without but same error .

laaast.jpg

boom boom

Oct 20, 2023
pattaya
Ok found the answer on a other post . That s work .
But a hell of work .
Have to do the twice on different Besst. Set speed to below 27 and adjust parameters on Pro. Exit and proceed to old beest to raised speed. Its PITA but thats the only possible at the moment. Unless you have a superuser account login.

boom boom

Oct 20, 2023
pattaya

CRX10NC4818i132046.2

View attachment 135282
Ok so i test today this firmware and no it s not working .
The first 2 or 3 second on level 1 i go up to 500 watt then after that i m lock to the power i put (for me 150 watt ) .
The target is too always be lock at the power we set up .
On the paper this firmware was amazing but on the reallity is not working for me .

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Ok so i test today this firmware and no it s not working .
The first 2 or 3 second on level 1 i go up to 500 watt then after that i m lock to the power i put (for me 150 watt ) .
The target is too always be lock at the power we set up .
On the paper this firmware was amazing but on the reallity is not working for me .
have you tried to reduce acceleration level ?

Tomblarom

Feb 3, 2021
Germany
This seems to be normal with 46.2 unfortunately. There is nothing I can do about it, cause the firmware is coded like this. According to a friend that has a stock 46.2 (flashed by factory, not by file) this is totally normal and happens when you set the assist level very low, like 30% or less.. The real output power exceeds the selected level. But according to him, setting accelleration down helps with that.

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Yep, they coded it this way. Initial kick is big and does not follow max currents. I dont see even a difference in initial currents on Acceleration 8 or 1.

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Not sure if this helps, but this guy did extensive research to waterproof his M600: Bafang M560 | Page 6 | EMTB Forums
Thanks. Yes looked at his mods and from my engineering experience, its a good mod but.

I've just pulled my M600 engine down and largely for the really harsh environment of the UK winters where I'm riding in wet, muddy, sandy, rock strewn conditions for possibly 6 months of the year, for the 3K kilometres its done, the motor has really only the drive side which is totally trashed ( water ingession into the main bearings and sprag bearing on that side ). All the other bearings and seals are just fair wear and tear and without any water ingression.

So that means that principally its the one seal area which is posing the problem.
1710671632982.jpeg

The poster you mentions seems to have increased the overall size of the problem seal by machining the cover to take the larger seal. But if we look at that from an engineering perspective, the inner section which is the mating interface that does the job of keeping water and grit out, is no different in size and remaining a single lip seal. Sure the larger seal will offer a more flexiable and slightly larger surface area. When it comes to water ingression, that will not make much difference ( I suspect a lot of the water ingression is caused by heat expanding the inner air volume forcing air out, only to pull moisture laden air and any pooling water back in when cooling ).

Most agricultural machines use what are called a double lip shaft seal ( as a primary easily changed sacrificial seal ), which not only has an outer running surface, but also a spring tensioned inner wider lip to take up any bearing movement from shock loadings and keep a longer term tension on the mating faces. Bare in mind that the main bearing also has a 2RS seal which should also keeps both water and grit out.

1710672234489.jpeg

The downside of using these are surface friction which you all hate, as that means you are going to have to pedal harder in a non motored situation. But my view is that when you have 800W's of electrical power to play with, the probably only 3-5 W's of friction that seal would add, would save all the hassles of water ingression and by consequence, early worn out and damaged bearings.

Mmmm I may have a look later and see what can be done, but do consider that if I get 2K km out of a motor then I'm pretty happy, will the time to mod the motor be worth it ?

As a slight update there is a 7mm wide ( the Bafang seal is 3mm ) double lip seal available.
1710685480104.png

Last edited:

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
You have a display with BT. But not sure now if somebody was able to connect to Go+ over this display.

DPC245 v3 works. With older Go+ app. With latest app it is giving you error if you wanna set motor parameters.

Anyway, your motor does not support any powwer setup. It is all hardcoded. You can change only Speed limit, Wheel size and Circumference.

Tomblarom

Feb 3, 2021
Germany
will i find kind soul to tell me if my display and my motor are capable of using bafang go+ for assist parameter change ?
or if i need to get newer display ?
I explained this to you.. Cross-posting is the worst.. See my answer here: EndlessSphere - Bafang M500/M600 thread

BESST is mandatory, when you want to change firmware. For setting assist levels DPC245/DPC010 and GO+ app are enough. However DPC240/DPC241 are deprecated, as well as the M500. Consider upgrading if you want to use newer features like GO+.

Last edited:

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
I meant some older version of GO+. Somebody wrote here. If LCD firmware v1.2 works then it is great, will try. But assistance level still missing, right?

sisreal

Apr 15, 2024
CH
hello guys
A friend told me that the bafang motors, in particular the M600, can be flashed a maximum of 3 times with the CAN interface. after that it is no longer possible to download the software. Do any of you have experience with this?

I don't know this problem with the UART motors.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles