Bafang M500 and M600 motors

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Does anyone have the contact of a trusted seller who sells version 2 of the M600 engine?
I tried to buy on Ali, but there are all liars and deceivers, they send the wrong version.
I need a version that is configurable via BESST

Alex, new M600 is not supporting power adjustment configurations. :(

I did order new M600 from Bafang half year back. Try to contact Chili and explain her, you need new M600. It is not easy to spot difference from labels which is unlucky. (maybe from serial number).

My motor did come with 46.2 - here I was able to set power levels (a bafang mistake I would say as in later firmwares this was disabled) But this firmware is not usable as limiting power from 40% (which is more like 50% in reality). So just to pray bafang will put out firmware for new M600 with power adjustment support.

So for now only speed, wheel and circumference with M600.

Catweazle

Dec 10, 2022
Geseke
16872005620064582487916222024796.jpg

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
You accusing second time somebody is a liar! I did ordered from greenbike and all was ok.

Last edited by a moderator:

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Does anyone have a link to buy a replacement button switch for the DPC241 display. I've broken the latch piece which locks the switch to the handlebars unfortunately ( hooked it somehow in a gate post as I squeezed the bike through a style ).

Alternatively does someone have a damaged switch I can have the latch from ?

Thanks.
1689584593601.png

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Does anyone have a link to buy a replacement button switch for the DPC241 display. I've broken the latch piece which locks the switch to the handlebars unfortunately ( hooked it somehow in a gate post as I squeezed the bike through a style ).

Thanks.
View attachment 120378
you can(t doing something with 3D printer ?

Personally i use remote switches from older BBS HMI in replacement
DSCF1955.JPG

DSCF1956.JPG

The wiring drawing (sorry for the pics quality)
DSCF1957.JPG

DSCF1959.JPG

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava

Thanks.
View attachment 120378

Have some.
Or brand new display DPC241 for 50e.

krokan

Oct 20, 2021
B
Oh no! After 2000km is my M500's nylon gear broken again :(
I'm missing two tooths again...

The really bad news is that I'm not able to find a store where to buy a new one... Everywhere is out of stock... (32teeth)
I wonder what is the Bafang's spare parts politics... Do they care about "old" model motors??

This is really frustrating.

vikino1

Oct 14, 2021
Slovakia Topoľčany
Oh no! After 2000km is my M500's nylon gear broken again :(
I'm missing two tooths again...

The really bad news is that I'm not able to find a store where to buy a new one... Everywhere is out of stock... (32teeth)
I wonder what is the Bafang's spare parts politics... Do they care about "old" model motors??

This is really frustrating.
This one is not good? Bafang M600 G521 Nylon gear with bearings for replacement-GreenBikeKit BBS, ebike batteries, Bafang M620, Bafang M600, Bafang M500, Bafang M510, KT controller with display-GreenBikeKit.com Does the higher temperature destroy the transmission? I noticed that with this FW there are also high A's with high support. You have to work with it carefully. How many teeth does he have? 27 teeth are common on aliexpress
32.58£ 22% OFF|Bafang Nylon Gear For Bafang M500/600 G520/521 Motor - Electric Bicycle Accessories - AliExpress

Last edited:

krokan

Oct 20, 2021
B
This one is not good? Bafang M600 G521 Nylon gear with bearings for replacement-GreenBikeKit BBS, ebike batteries, Bafang M620, Bafang M600, Bafang M500, Bafang M510, KT controller with display-GreenBikeKit.com Does the higher temperature destroy the transmission? I noticed that with this FW there are also high A's with high support. You have to work with it carefully. How many teeth does he have? 27 teeth are common on aliexpress
32.58£ 22% OFF|Bafang Nylon Gear For Bafang M500/600 G520/521 Motor - Electric Bicycle Accessories - AliExpress

no, that one has 27 teeth , I need 32 teeth :(
I would not say that it was due to high temp... I'm trying to avoid high temp and let the motor cool down when it is getting too hot. Maybe I was to rought.. rough terain, some jumps etc.. :(

I understand that something might break, and it is probably my fault, but I whould like to have possibility to buy a spare part when needed...
I hope that Bafang will be still producing 32teeth gears, otherwise I can throw the motor into trash... and that is a bad signal about Bafang support... :(

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
It should not break that easy.
I had nylon in M600, been riding it hard, still full throttle and nothing happend.

krokan

Oct 20, 2021
B
I would not say that it was due to high temp... I'm trying to avoid high temp and let the motor cool down when it is getting too hot. Maybe I was to rought.. rough terain, some jumps etc.. :(

I understand that something might break, and it is probably my fault, but I whould like to have possibility to buy a spare part when needed...
I hope that Bafang will be still producing 32teeth gears, otherwise I can throw the motor into trash... and that is a bad signal about Bafang support... :(
Do you know if it is possible -if it fits, to buy a M600 rotor+stator and mount it on M500?

Kyokushin

Mar 28, 2021
Sol

You just need new nylon gear and new stator, to match the teeths.
I just checked mine gear (M500 from 2021 and it have 32 teeths).

Personaly its first i heard there was 'later' version of M500 with same gear as for M600.

Do you know if it is possible -if it fits, to buy a M600 rotor+stator and mount it on M500?
M600 stator will not fit. Its too long. You need to look for 'new M500' stator.
Try to contact Bafang directly and buy the 'new set of stator+new gear' or few nylon 32th gears.

Here is the set with old 32th gear. You may write them only for gear that you need.

Last edited:

krokan

Oct 20, 2021
B
You just need new nylon gear and new stator, to match the teeths.
I just checked mine gear (M500 from 2021 and it have 32 teeths).

Personaly its first i heard there was 'later' version of M500 with same gear as for M600.

M600 stator will not fit. Its too long. You need to look for 'new M500' stator.
Try to contact Bafang directly and buy the 'new set of stator+new gear' or few nylon 32th gears.

Here is the set with old 32th gear. You may write them only for gear that you need.
I did not know about the 'later' version of M500 either. I got to know from this description :
Bafang M600 G521 Nylon gear with bearings for replacement-GreenBikeKit BBS, ebike batteries, Bafang M620, Bafang M600, Bafang M500, Bafang M510, KT controller with display-GreenBikeKit.com

Funny is that M510 has also 32 teeth... so no spare parts either for M510

vikino1

Oct 14, 2021
Slovakia Topoľčany
I would like to ask the experienced whether it is necessary to open, check and lubricate the M500 engine after driving 6000 km? Or if it's OK, don't open it unnecessarily. I have a wheel under claim, so I have time and I have another bike to ride.

Kyokushin

Mar 28, 2021
Sol
Thats pity the Bafang cant provide basic spare parts.

This nylon gear is not even a spare part, its maintenance part, like an air filter in car.
It will break soon or later.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles