Status
Not open for further replies.

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
@PauloBLEvo

Few suggestions, appreciate some of them maybe not possible due to motor limitations but here goes anyway. Great app, highly recommend!

1. I'd like it if the mode setting didn't interact with each other, eg I'd like eco range to be 40-80%, trail to be 10-100. This is because I don't change between eco and trail other than when I change terrain. I'd like eco to be a road gear and trail my off-road gear.
The limit is due to the bike. You cannot have ECO greater than TRAIL and TRAIL greater than TURBO. So you have to think the configuration with this "limitation"
2. Further to above it would be great to be able to set an assistance limit to eco so that it emulates the legal restriction (my bike is derestricted)
What you mean with assistance limit? Remove the assistance if you go over 25km/h? I think you are the first that want to add a speed limitation. :p
3. It would be great if some of the global parameters could be made mode specific, e.g the assistance increase and dynamic leg power settings.
These are specified in the user manual
4. I am prone to pedalling too fast, when I have the phone visible I can see but mostly I ride with it in my pocket. It would be handy of I could be warned with a beep or something if I exceed a specified cadence.
I add in the wish list
5. The display. I'd love the option to be able to see the smart widgets for rider power etc and the Map on the screen together. There is enough room on my display but the config options don't support it.
Could you share a screen shot?
Thanks

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese

RobertD

Jan 21, 2019
Weston-super-Mare
Hi Paolo, I'd just like to say the ANT+ feature has allowed me to use my Garmin heart rate transmitter. Went out with it last night, a totally stable heart rate reading. I was using the Polar transmitter previously and this was randomly changing my heart rate from 80 to 200 bpm!!
Thanks again for the constant improvements to your App!!

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paolo, I'd just like to say the ANT+ feature has allowed me to use my Garmin heart rate transmitter. Went out with it last night, a totally stable heart rate reading. I was using the Polar transmitter previously and this was randomly changing my heart rate from 80 to 200 bpm!!
Thanks again for the constant improvements to your App!!
Thanks for the feedback. I think not so many users will use the ANT+ feature, but has been not so difficult to add it. Now with this feature, the user can use also some Smart Watch as HRM..

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
I have just released the version 3.7.0 of BLEvo for Android.
I added the compatibility with the ANT+ heart rate belts including some Smart Watches (like my Garmin).
I made a small video that explains how to do the pairing (sorry the video is in italian)

Here below all the news:
- Added compatibility with ANT+ cardio devices (the phone must support ANT+)
- Added audio message with engine temperature and battery temperature
- English translation review (thanks Ed)
- Optimization for small screens (3")
- Bugfix: error message on Strava upload
- Bugfix: GPX import in particular format
- Bugfix: Conversion to miles on the consumption value in the list of tours
- Now the message Send GPS Position, no longer has the request for help
- GPS error delay with audio message increased to 10

Enjoy your ride with BLEvo.
Hi Paolo, thanks very much for adding in the motor and battery temperatures in the audio messages ?
It’s really helpful for me and acts as a warning when I am pushing the motor hard on Turbo up the long climbs. On my ride today the motor hit 77 degrees and the battery reached 34 degrees so I decided to back off a bit. Not sure when the thermal cut is supposed to kick in..... I suspect it could be around the 80 degree mark but who knows.

SmackIt

Jul 21, 2019
Reno
Hi Paolo,

I asked a long time ago and I know you're busy. Any chance we can get a heart rate alarm? Many of us riding eBikes are trying to avoid going too high on the heart rate. Thanks!!!

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paolo, thanks very much for adding in the motor and battery temperatures in the audio messages ?
It’s really helpful for me and acts as a warning when I am pushing the motor hard on Turbo up the long climbs. On my ride today the motor hit 77 degrees and the battery reached 34 degrees so I decided to back off a bit. Not sure when the thermal cut is supposed to kick in..... I suspect it could be around the 80 degree mark but who knows.
In the next release you will see the background of the temperatures colored in function of the temperature value in order to have a fast view if something is too hot..
I think the cut is 80 degree..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paolo,

I asked a long time ago and I know you're busy. Any chance we can get a heart rate alarm? Many of us riding eBikes are trying to avoid going too high on the heart rate. Thanks!!!
What you suggest as a "heart rate alarm"? A voice message? And then another voice message when the heart rate goes down?

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Many HRMs send a series of beeps when the HR is above the set zone - maybe 3 fast beeps every 15 seconds.
I can’t tell you the amount of beeps I hear from devices I didn’t even know I had then to significant others’ devices then friends, acquaintances and complete strangers’ devices in earshot - that’s a lot of mostly unidentifiable beep pollution.

How about heartbeat ka-thump ka-thumps? Or user definable sound files for all the sounds including my gamma ray laser sound as one of the horn sounds? I’d really like to unleash the gamma ray.

dasurpha

May 9, 2020
Helsinki
I can’t tell you the amount of beeps I hear from devices I didn’t even know I had then to significant others’ devices then friends, acquaintances and complete strangers’ devices in earshot - that’s a lot of mostly unidentifiable beep pollution.

How about heartbeat ka-thump ka-thumps? Or user definable sound files for all the sounds including my gamma ray laser sound as one of the horn sounds? I’d really like to unleash the gamma ray.
Sure a distinct sound is better. The main thought was that the sound is repeated periodically as long as the HR is above the zone limit, not only when you cross the zone limit.

Hamiainen

May 19, 2020
Finland
Hi Paolo, is it possible to use also other .map files than those that are downloaded from openandroidmaps?

The National Land Survey of Finland has published detailed map data from Finland under CC license (National Land Survey open data Attribution CC 4.0 licence | National Land Survey of Finland). And based on that map data one person has created for example Android compatible .map file. These maps are widely used in Finland for example with OruxMaps. That .map file can be found from this site Ilmainen maastokartta Androidille ja Garminille, more precisely https://kartat-dl.hylly.org/2020-05-19/mtk_suomi.map.

I tried to use that .map file with BLEvo by copying it to BLEvo/MAPS folder, but this did not work.

dasurpha

May 9, 2020
Helsinki
Is there a possibility for an option to keep the screen undimmed and unlocked during the ride?

I have company email on the phone which enforces 30 sec screen lock which makes it difficult...

RedThunder

May 19, 2020
Voyager 1
My Dad uses BLEVO on his on his LEVO with no problems at all. Superb App :)

I dont have a eBIKE (not yet anyway).

I have BLEVO on my phone as backup incase his phone goe's flat or some other reason. But I do like the mapping and ride recording for the distance and elevation map details.

But I cant use the app when I'm near his bike :-( ... Is there anyway to run Blevo without bluetooth (no ebike) and just use GPS and use it for basic mapping of a ride.

Basically a dummy bike or disabled Bluetooth.

Or is there a recommended alternative app :) for non e-bikers liking Bleavo alot.

Jeff H

May 19, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA

I have BLEVO on my phone as backup incase his phone goe's flat or some other reason. But I do like the mapping and ride recording for the distance and elevation map details.

But I cant use the app when I'm near his bike :-( ... Is there anyway to run Blevo without bluetooth (no ebike) and just use GPS and use it for basic mapping of a ride.

Or is there a recommended alternative app :) for non e-bikers liking Bleavo alot.
I think you can do this. On both IPhone and Android, delete the bike completely in blevo (not near bike so not sure where this is) but make a note of the TCU Bluetooth code in case you need to pair again on a ride. On both phone OS configure blevo to use gps instead of bike (speed and distance might not be as accurate depending on phone and terrain).

On iOS start a ride and it should work minus the ebike stuff. On Android I think you have to first customize the display for when the bike isn’t connected then start.

Last edited:

RedThunder

May 19, 2020
Voyager 1
I think you can do this. On both IPhone and Android, delete the bike completely in blevo (not near bike so not sure where this is) but make a note of the TCU Bluetooth code in case you need to pair again on a ride. On both phone OS configure blevo to use gps instead of bike (speed and distance might not be as accurate depending on phone and terrain).

On iOS start a ride and it should work minus the ebike stuff. On Android I think you have to first customize the display for when the bike isn’t connected then start.
Thanks.

Dumped his bike from my Blevo install
Allow Bluetooth, just to get it past nag.
Start ride.
Disable Bluetooth.. to save battery.
Might interfere with my Dads's Levo.

Trial run tomorrow.

Thanks.

PS Is there an option in Blevo to exclude bikes, incase a bunch of LEvos are riding together ?

Jeff H

May 19, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA
Thanks.

Dumped his bike from my Blevo install
Allow Bluetooth, just to get it past nag.
Start ride.
Disable Bluetooth.. to save battery.
Might interfere with my Dads's Levo.

Trial run tomorrow.

Thanks.

PS Is there an option in Blevo to exclude bikes, incase a bunch of LEvos are riding together ?
If you’re already connected to a bike it ignores the others. I’ve never had a problem. Not sure in your case with no connections. My guess is once you start a ride it might see but it’ll ignore them. Try it with your dads Levo?

Chow42

Feb 4, 2020
Levoexpert42@
Hello is it possible to use a speed sensor (example garmin) or other to have an instant auto pause or a solution so that blevo stops as soon as the wheels are stopped because it looks like blevo is using gps even if not selected and this distorts the time and average speed data.

rochrunner

Mar 30, 2020
Rochester Hills, MI, USA
Hello is it possible to use a speed sensor (example garmin) or other to have an instant auto pause or a solution so that blevo stops as soon as the wheels are stopped because it looks like blevo is using gps even if not selected and this distorts the time and average speed data.
How much accuracy are you expecting, and why? I can think of a number of factors that introduce errors that are more significant than a few extra seconds of time. For example, speed sensors depend on an accurate measurement of your wheel's diameter or circumference, and even if you could get that correct within a few millimeters, it's actually going to change depending on your tire pressure!

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Sure a distinct sound is better. The main thought was that the sound is repeated periodically as long as the HR is above the zone limit, not only when you cross the zone limit.
A simple voice message "The heart rate is too high" repeated every minutes can be enough?
I will set 10% over the threshold set in the Smart HR setting..
Do you agree?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paolo, is it possible to use also other .map files than those that are downloaded from openandroidmaps?

The National Land Survey of Finland has published detailed map data from Finland under CC license (National Land Survey open data Attribution CC 4.0 licence | National Land Survey of Finland). And based on that map data one person has created for example Android compatible .map file. These maps are widely used in Finland for example with OruxMaps. That .map file can be found from this site Ilmainen maastokartta Androidille ja Garminille, more precisely https://kartat-dl.hylly.org/2020-05-19/mtk_suomi.map.

I tried to use that .map file with BLEvo by copying it to BLEvo/MAPS folder, but this did not work.
I use the openandroidmaps.. It is strange that it is not working..
I will try to do some test...

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Is there a possibility for an option to keep the screen undimmed and unlocked during the ride?

I have company email on the phone which enforces 30 sec screen lock which makes it difficult...
iPhone or Android... I think if there are some company restriction, I can't override them...

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese

Just turn off the bluetooth after start the ride..
Or if your Dad is connected to his bike, your phone will never connect to his bike..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
BLEvo use the speed sensor if you tell him to use the speed sensor for KM calculation.
BLEvo pause the ride after 5 seconds that the speed is under 1.5km/h..

dasurpha

May 9, 2020
Helsinki
iPhone or Android... I think if there are some company restriction, I can't override them...
iPhone.

There is an option to keep the screen on in Mission Control (Display Always Active) and Strava (Always On). They work flawlessly even with my 30 sec display lock setting in iPhone (which is grayed out).

Jersey Skier

May 12, 2019
NJ, USA
On an iPhone how come the setting always reverts to Advanced User in the yellow box? I try to use the Smart setting but it will always change back to Advanced.

Frank_Denmark

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Dec 17, 2018
Denmark
@PaoloBLEvo
I have used Your app for a long time - It's excellent and very informative (y)

The Battery Monitor says "real km" - is this distance measured by GPS ?

Battery.jpg

PS
I only ride on my private land - and therefore not with the speed resticted.

Last edited:

Chow42

Feb 4, 2020
Levoexpert42@
[QUOTE = "PaoloBLEvo, message: 170882, membre: 521"]
BLEvo utilisez le capteur de vitesse si vous lui dites d'utiliser le capteur de vitesse pour le calcul du KM.
BLEvo arrête le trajet après 5 secondes que la vitesse est inférieure à 1,5 km / h.
[/CITATION]
BLEvo use the speed sensor if you tell him to use the speed sensor for KM calculation.
BLEvo pause the ride after 5 seconds that the speed is under 1.5km/h..

Yes I have well selected use of the bike sensor but the autopause does not stop quickly it looks like blevo also uses gps because if I stop and look at my phone the speed varies as if the gps located me in motion .

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles