Mar 2, 2020
Spain
Are you using Smart Power?
YES.

42888BA8-EA13-421B-97D4-6E6BC8A31828.jpeg

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
Is this Blevo app ok to use on the SL without voiding warranty ? i dont want to de-restrict it and i know BleVO cant do this .. but is it safe to just use it to do custom profiles . ive already got the app as used it on my now sold kenevo .

croz

Apr 14, 2020
Central FL
Wondering if someone could please help me with uploading a GPX file to follow a route on the Blevo app. I'm using Blevo on an iphone XS running the latest Blevo version. I've tried adding URL's from Garmin and from downloading the file to my icloud account and and get a "File Not Valid" error. Is there a way to simply upload the GPX file directly from my iphone? I've also tried opening the GPX file directly from my iphone into the Blevo app with no luck.

EDIT: also tried using a Dropbox URL

Last edited:

Ed_M

Patreon
Aug 9, 2019
Wokingham
Wondering if someone could please help me with uploading a GPX file to follow a route on the Blevo app. I'm using Blevo on an iphone XS running the latest Blevo version. I've tried adding URL's from Garmin and from downloading the file to my icloud account and and get a "File Not Valid" error. Is there a way to simply upload the GPX file directly from my iphone? I've also tried opening the GPX file directly from my iphone into the Blevo app with no luck.

I tend to e-mail them to myself.
1) Open the attachment in Apple Mail it will render as an XML file.
2) On the top right click the share icon.
3) Scroll the list of proposed apps to the right and click "More"
4) Scroll down and click "Copy to BLEvo".

If you then go into BLEvo -> Bike Monitor -> Add/Del/Rename GPX you will see it listed.

croz

Apr 14, 2020
Central FL
Thanks Ed! That worked perfectly. I'm able to load the map into the app now. I was under the impression that there was a way to load the map and have Blevo analyze the route for battery conservation while riding. I'm not seeing a way to do that. Is that a mission control feature that I'm confusing for Blevo?

Ed_M

Patreon
Aug 9, 2019
Wokingham
Thanks Ed! That worked perfectly. I'm able to load the map into the app now. I was under the impression that there was a way to load the map and have Blevo analyze the route for battery conservation while riding. I'm not seeing a way to do that. Is that a mission control feature that I'm confusing for Blevo?

In Mission Control there is a feature to allow you to manage your battery over a given distance or time. I don't believe it can manage it over a route though. These features are unique to Mission Control.

croz

Apr 14, 2020
Central FL
In Mission Control there is a feature to allow you to manage your battery over a given distance or time. I don't believe it can manage it over a route though. These features are unique to Mission Control.
Thanks for the info. I checked mission control and I'm definitely imagining a feature that neither app can do. Maybe a feature upgrade for Paolo in the future??

jsharpe

May 15, 2019
USA
Thanks for the info. I checked mission control and I'm definitely imagining a feature that neither app can do. Maybe a feature upgrade for Paolo in the future??

I'd also really like a route-specific battery optimization. Just distance or total elevation wouldn't work as well for me since the grade of the climbs is also important. I tend to use more battery power per mile on steeper grades. I would imagine there might be a lot of potential customizations but even a simple/basic implementation might work quite well. On the surface, it would seem that all the geographic information necessary should be available in the gpx for a route.

Given all the machine learning functionality that's being built into the newer phones, another feature I think it would be awesome if there was a way that the program could learn gradually learn my behavior so it could then more accurately predict my battery usage.

Dex356

Jan 21, 2020
Berkeley, CA
Hi Paolo.... Creo bike with 2184.4mm tires... BLEvo 3.5.9 IOS... I live in the USA with a 28mph speed limit... How can I change the speed? It reverts back to 15.7mph... How can I override this setting? I love your app!
Thanks, Dexter

Last edited:

Jersey Skier

May 12, 2019
NJ, USA
Hi Paolo.... Creo bike with 2184.4mm tires... BLEvo 3.5.9 IOS... I live in the USA with a 28mph speed limit... How can I change the speed? It reverts back to 15.7mph... How can I override this setting? I love your app!
Thanks, Dexter

Let me know if you figure this out. It used to work but one or two Blevo updates ago this has happened on every attempt to change the speed limit back to 28..

I end up just using Mission Control instead of Blevo with the Creo if I want to average over 16mph.

Dex356

Jan 21, 2020
Berkeley, CA
Let me know if you figure this out. It used to work but one or two Blevo updates ago this has happened on every attempt to change the speed limit back to 28..

I end up just using Mission Control instead of Blevo with the Creo if I want to average over 16mph.
I'm hoping Paolo either has a fix or develops a new App for the Creo!!! He already has 99% done for the MT bikes... I do not know anything about programming but I think it would be easy! Change a few words like Trail to Sport and have the speed setting to 28mph for the US market... He will then have the whole Creo market to sell Apps too... I'll sent in my money tonight to be the first Beta tester!

Last edited:

Jersey Skier

May 12, 2019
NJ, USA
I'm hoping Paolo either has a fix or develops a new App for the Creo!!! He already has 99% done for the MT bikes... I do not know anything about programming but I think it would be easy! Change a few words like Trail to Sport and have the speed setting to 28mph for the US market... He will then have the whole Creo market to sell Apps too... I'll sent in my money tonight to be the first Beta tester!
That would be nice, however the current app worked perfectly on my Creo for months. I only lost the speed limit after the more recent updates.

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paolo,

first of all i hope you are doing well and everything is ok.
Secondly i would like to ask you for a favor. Few months ago my Specialized Turbo Levo 2019 was stolen. And i literally found everywhere with no luck and then i bought new Levo.

But recently i came with idea that Blevo ( and also Mission Control ) know if certain bike with serial number was added and is using Blevo. I hope that you can see which serial number of bikes are using your app. I would like to ask you if it would be possible to check if my old bike was paired with blevo app ( i didnt pair the old/stolen bike with blevo - so if yes it had to be only the thief) . I can send you also police report and serial number if you would be so kind to check it.

Thank you

Best regards
Sorry but BLEvo doesn't send any information to any server.. I don't want to have any privacy problem with all the information that BLEvo can record..
Maybe Mission Control could do..
But you need to ask to Specialized..
Sorry again..
I hope you will find your bike somewhere

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Is this Blevo app ok to use on the SL without voiding warranty ? i dont want to de-restrict it and i know BleVO cant do this .. but is it safe to just use it to do custom profiles . ive already got the app as used it on my now sold kenevo .
Yes sure..
With BLEvo you void the warranty only if you change the speed limit.. but you cannot..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese

Try to send the file via email and execute it with BLEvo

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I'd also really like a route-specific battery optimization. Just distance or total elevation wouldn't work as well for me since the grade of the climbs is also important. I tend to use more battery power per mile on steeper grades. I would imagine there might be a lot of potential customizations but even a simple/basic implementation might work quite well. On the surface, it would seem that all the geographic information necessary should be available in the gpx for a route.

Given all the machine learning functionality that's being built into the newer phones, another feature I think it would be awesome if there was a way that the program could learn gradually learn my behavior so it could then more accurately predict my battery usage.
Sorry guys but it is very difficult to have an automatic assistance based on distance and battery consumption.. there are too many parameters to consider (terrain condition, biker weight, tire pressure, ecc...). I don't know if this feature works well or not in Mission Control.. I never tested it..
I prefer Smart Power..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Thanks, Dexter
Sorry but you cannot change the speed of Creo bike with BLEvo.
The value of 25km/h is fake for US market..
It is as US market wants..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I'm not yet able to understand if the bike is ain Creo bike or not..
Maybe in the future

Dex356

Jan 21, 2020
Berkeley, CA
Sorry but you cannot change the speed of Creo bike with BLEvo.
The value of 25km/h is fake for US market..
It is as US market wants..
Hi Paolo... I understand your first sentence but not the next two... Probably a translation thing! I understand this App was developed for the MT bike and the European market with there speed limit laws... As Jersey Skier mentioned, the BLEvo app worked in earlier versions... I know you are walking a fine line to satisfy Specialized and European Laws with speed limits... I guess I do not understand what you meant by "Fake for the US market" and "It is as US market wants".
Are you interested in making a New App called Creo for the US? Just copy everything in BLEvo and have the speed parameters able to set to 28mph! I'll be your first customer!!!! Dexter
IMG_3526.JPG

Dex356

Jan 21, 2020
Berkeley, CA
The connection on iOS should be stable.. It is very strange.. you can try to re-install the app (sorry but you lost all the rides) or you can try with another phone.. Let me know..
Hi Paolo... I down loaded the new version... BLEvo 3.5.9 IOS... Reset the phone... It worked for a few rides until today... At mile 32 on a 15% grade the bike lost all power, 3 different times! BLEvo showed that all parameters were connected and the Bike showed I was connected to BLEvo... I do not think it was the phone since I was getting all the ride info from the bike... ie. Biker Power which should be transmitted via Bluetooth from the bike. So the Bluetooth connection was not broken. Any ideas?

Also another problem... Using Smart Power and HR. Eco set to 1% to 10%, Leg Power set to 200w so I should get 20w of Battery Power over 200w Leg Power and I'm getting double that at 50w... In the Trail mode I have that set from 10% to 25% and I was getting 150w to 175w Battery Power! 3 times as much as I set for! HR all within the set parameters...
Thanks, Dexter

boneht

Sep 22, 2019
oxon
I just use the Quad Lock case and have a screen protector... the bars and front tire prevent the phone from being hit. I've wrecked about every way possible and with the phone mounted directly over the stem on a quad lock it's not going to get hit.

My cycling buddy crashed into a gate, the other day phone/quadlock first. Luckily the phone flew off into the grass. The quadlock however didn't survive.

boneht

Sep 22, 2019
oxon
@PauloBLEvo

Few suggestions, appreciate some of them maybe not possible due to motor limitations but here goes anyway. Great app, highly recommend!

1. I'd like it if the mode setting didn't interact with each other, eg I'd like eco range to be 40-80%, trail to be 10-100. This is because I don't change between eco and trail other than when I change terrain. I'd like eco to be a road gear and trail my off-road gear.

2. Further to above it would be great to be able to set an assistance limit to eco so that it emulates the legal restriction (my bike is derestricted)

3. It would be great if some of the global parameters could be made mode specific, e.g the assistance increase and dynamic leg power settings.

4. I am prone to pedalling too fast, when I have the phone visible I can see but mostly I ride with it in my pocket. It would be handy of I could be warned with a beep or something if I exceed a specified cadence
5. The display. I'd love the option to be able to see the smart widgets for rider power etc and the Map on the screen together. There is enough room on my display but the config options don't support it.

David Pottinger

May 10, 2020
Oregon
Hi Paolo... I understand your first sentence but not the next two... Probably a translation thing! I understand this App was developed for the MT bike and the European market with there speed limit laws... As Jersey Skier mentioned, the BLEvo app worked in earlier versions... I know you are walking a fine line to satisfy Specialized and European Laws with speed limits... I guess I do not understand what you meant by "Fake for the US market" and "It is as US market wants".
Are you interested in making a New App called Creo for the US? Just copy everything in BLEvo and have the speed parameters able to set to 28mph! I'll be your first customer!!!! Dexter View attachment 30650
I would be your second customer - DaveP

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paolo... I down loaded the new version... BLEvo 3.5.9 IOS... Reset the phone... It worked for a few rides until today... At mile 32 on a 15% grade the bike lost all power, 3 different times! BLEvo showed that all parameters were connected and the Bike showed I was connected to BLEvo... I do not think it was the phone since I was getting all the ride info from the bike... ie. Biker Power which should be transmitted via Bluetooth from the bike. So the Bluetooth connection was not broken. Any ideas?
I think you have issue on the connector between battery and motor

Also another problem... Using Smart Power and HR. Eco set to 1% to 10%, Leg Power set to 200w so I should get 20w of Battery Power over 200w Leg Power and I'm getting double that at 50w... In the Trail mode I have that set from 10% to 25% and I was getting 150w to 175w Battery Power! 3 times as much as I set for! HR all within the set parameters...
Thanks, Dexter
Try to deactivate the Smart HR and work only with the Smart Power

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I have just released the version 3.7.0 of BLEvo for Android.
I added the compatibility with the ANT+ heart rate belts including some Smart Watches (like my Garmin).
I made a small video that explains how to do the pairing (sorry the video is in italian)

Here below all the news:
- Added compatibility with ANT+ cardio devices (the phone must support ANT+)
- Added audio message with engine temperature and battery temperature
- English translation review (thanks Ed)
- Optimization for small screens (3")
- Bugfix: error message on Strava upload
- Bugfix: GPX import in particular format
- Bugfix: Conversion to miles on the consumption value in the list of tours
- Now the message Send GPS Position, no longer has the request for help
- GPS error delay with audio message increased to 10

Enjoy your ride with BLEvo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles