Status
Not open for further replies.

Srade3

Jun 12, 2019
Santa Cruz, CA
I also bought a Specialized 2019 Levo. One of the problems I have is that it is slow going down hills while regular riders pass me. Is there a way to fix this. (Besides obviously pedaling harder?) After reading this thread, I am confused. Does the 2019 Specialized software prevent changing/ making better the speed from via Blevo? Also saw some posts for LightBlue app. Does that work on the 2019's?

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
I also bought a Specialized 2019 Levo. One of the problems I have is that it is slow going down hills while regular riders pass me. Is there a way to fix this. (Besides obviously pedaling harder?) After reading this thread, I am confused. Does the 2019 Specialized software prevent changing/ making better the speed from via Blevo? Also saw some posts for LightBlue app. Does that work on the 2019's?
BLEvo or Lightblue will only work with TCU firmware 2.019.

ticotime

Jun 20, 2019
Georgetown, TX

There is a mechanical solution:
I created a purely mechanical Turbo Levo speed limit increase - EMTB Forums

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
I just installed Blevo on my old iPhone 5S, connected to my bike and HR monitor like a dream. No disconnects or anything. I will most likely return my BV6000 phone (firmware updated bricked it) and use this iPhone 5s instead in a Lifeproof case.
However, I can't get strava authorisation to work. I press "Add authorization" in Blevo, it takes me to the strava.com site where I press "Authorize", that opens Blevo again but no luck.

DTZ

May 5, 2019
UK
In another thread I asked about reduction in battery power below 10% on a 2019 Levo, and @Specialized Rider Care replied with the detail shown below. Would it be possible for indication of this to be shown in Blevo?

I was thinking possibly within the "assistance" display area or in the "Bike power" graph area?

Expected behaviour from the MY2019 Levo battery is below (normal temperatures 0° - 50°C)
  • 100%-16% SoC: 100% maximum power
  • 15%-11% SoC: 75% maximum power
  • 10%-6% SoC: 50% maximum power
  • 5%-4% SoC: 25% maximum power
  • 3%-1% SoC: No power to drive unit, although entire system will still be powered on and lights (if connected) will also work. (we wanted to get you home safely ;))
  • Worth knowing that below freezing Li-ion delivers reduced power even at 100%SoC.
    • Below -20°C and above 70°C the battery won't turn on, or won't deliver power.
    • -20° to 0°C / 50° to 70°C the battery will deliver approx 25% less than the figures above. (as Li-ion cells typically produce some heat during use the battery may still warm up enough to provide full power below freezing)

LeonLevo

Jul 31, 2018
Belgium
Hi Paolo,

I don't know how you do it all, but YOU ARE THE MAN!!! BLevo now with support for an additional battery and also offline maps. I don't know what to wish for now ;-) Thank you for adding so much value to the already great Turbo Levo!

(Maybe one small thing: how do I remove downloaded maps?)

IMG_0097.png

Stumpy

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
Hi Paolo,

I don't know how you do it all, but YOU ARE THE MAN!!! BLevo now with support for an additional battery and also offline maps. I don't know what to wish for now ;-) Thank you for adding so much value to the already great Turbo Levo!

(Maybe one small thing: how do I remove downloaded maps?)

View attachment 15559

How about landscape mode (on iOS)?

@PaoloBLEvo ?

FunkinMonkey

May 20, 2019
Vancouver
Hey guys & gals,
Any advice on battery charging to keep the battery at top performance/longevity?

- Charge every night and keep it topped up to 100% or
- let it run down to near empty before charging?

Thanks in advance

Turbo Levo Comp Fattie 2018

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Hey guys & gals,
Any advice on battery charging to keep the battery at top performance/longevity?

- Charge every night and keep it topped up to 100% or
- let it run down to near empty before charging?

Thanks in advance

Turbo Levo Comp Fattie 2018

I only charge the to 60-70% for storage. Unfortunately you can automatically let the charger switch of a this point. I only charge it full (if I need 100% battery charge) just before a ride.

Somewhere I read that this procedure extends battery life the most. Charging continuously to 100% seems to decrease battery life. However maybe you are charging every day to 100% while you ride the bike every day for long rides?

You don't need to run it down empty. Amount of charge cycles is also calculated on full charge. Which means if you charge two times from 50% to 100% it is being counted as 1 charge cycle.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I just installed Blevo on my old iPhone 5S, connected to my bike and HR monitor like a dream. No disconnects or anything. I will most likely return my BV6000 phone (firmware updated bricked it) and use this iPhone 5s instead in a Lifeproof case.
However, I can't get strava authorisation to work. I press "Add authorization" in Blevo, it takes me to the strava.com site where I press "Authorize", that opens Blevo again but no luck.
Do you Strava App installed on the phone?

Groene005

May 3, 2019
Holland
Please somewone help me. I have a problem loading up to Strava also I cannot open the map of my ride. It did work but now it does not anymore. I put some pictures with this mail. I tryed to salve it myself but I cannot find the solution.

Screenshot_2019-07-06-11-27-55.png

Screenshot_2019-07-06-11-27-44.png

Screenshot_2019-07-06-11-37-55.png

Screenshot_2019-07-06-11-38-16.png

n-xplorer

Nov 17, 2018
Columbia River Gorge
Please somewone help me. I have a problem loading up to Strava also I cannot open the map of my ride. It did work but now it does not anymore. I put some pictures with this mail. I tryed to salve it myself but I cannot find the solution.

Strava error message always comes up on my phone when I finish a ride. First, just make sure you have a good wifi connection. Then open the BLevo app > Bike Monitor > go all the way to the bottom. Click on "Load to Strava" and that should load to Strava. If that's not working (hmmmm), sorry I can't help you. It sounds like it might be a connection issue?

Last edited:

Frank_Denmark

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Dec 17, 2018
Denmark
Thx @PaoloBLEvo for Your app (y)
Just did 424 km Transalp and managing the usage of power where essential.
With Blevo I could manage the assistance on the go right down to +/- 1%.
With this I always only used the minimal power on the rides.
It worked perfectly :cool:
Also loved that I could follow the watts on both the oem battery and my @TrailwattsUK
Even with 128 km a day the bike never ran out of power.
Insta.png

IMG_5055.jpeg

IMG_5072(1).jpeg

Groene005

May 3, 2019
Holland
Strava error message always comes up on my phone when I finish a ride. First, just make sure you have a good wifi connection. Then open the BLevo app > Bike Monitor > go all the way to the bottom. Click on "Load to Strava" and that should load to Strava. If that's not working (hmmmm), sorry I can't help you. It sounds like it might be a connection issue?[/QUOTE

Witte300

May 13, 2018
Belgium
Also loved that I could follow the watts on both the oem battery and my @TrailwattsUK
View attachment 15633

View attachment 15634

View attachment 15635

What setting do you use for a trip like this?
Respect :p

Groene005

May 3, 2019
Holland

It does not work. But is it normal that when you start a ride, with ebike or not with ebike, you see nothing on the map. I mean when I start a ride and then scroll down to the map there is nothing to see. Look at the picture. I think there mast be a map

Screenshot_2019-07-06-22-16-38.png

Screenshot_2019-07-06-22-16-38.png

Screenshot_2019-07-07-21-01-57.png

Screenshot_2019-07-07-21-02-04.png

Screenshot_2019-07-07-21-02-23.png

Groene005

May 3, 2019
Holland

It does not work. But is it normal that when you start a ride, with ebike or not with ebike, you see nothing on the map. I mean when I start a ride and then scroll down to the map there is nothing to see. Look at the picture. I think there mast be a map

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M

Which map did you select? If you have choosen the openandromwps, did you also downloaded the maps and added them to your phone? You only need to do this once. After the maps will be available offline too. Please check the BLEvo manual.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
It seems that BLEvo doesn't have the permission to write on the phone.. please check the permission on Android settings..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I think you need to have the gps connection and data connection if you didn't download the map before..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
View attachment 15633

View attachment 15634

View attachment 15635
Could you share some short statistics of the rides?

Frank_Denmark

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Dec 17, 2018
Denmark
What setting do you use for a trip like this?
Respect :p
The difficult part is to secure that You don't run out of power.
I did 2 things. Firstly I got an additional battery like @TrailwattsUK
Secondly I tried to use as little assistance as possible.
Starting out at 20% eco, 35% trail and 75% Turbo
I was using the eco all the time on the flats.
And also up the climbs with 8-15% raise. When above that I increase the assistance in eco to 25-32%.
Only used trail og turbo when I was total exhausted, as the power was drained very quickly.
I did the ride with 11 experienced riders on analog MTBs, and my target was to have the same pace.

Groene005

May 3, 2019
Holland
I think you need to have the gps connection and data connection if you didn't download the map before..

Finaly I think I have found wat courses the problem. The GPS of my phone is not working well. I do not know yet if it is my phone or the place where I am now. The phone of my wife has also troubles with GPS, but my GARMIN works well. I do not expact it is the place I am now in Australië. Next week I am back in Holland.

Groene005

May 3, 2019
Holland
Finaly I think I have found wat courses the problem. The GPS of my phone is not working well. I do not know yet if it is my phone or the place where I am now. The phone of my wife has also troubles with GPS, but my GARMIN works well. I do not expact it is the place I am now in Australië. Next week I am back in Holland.

Must be Austria

mccltd

Apr 5, 2019
kent
as my iPhone blevo app just keeps crashing I have borrowed an old Samsung S6.
Worked well today , didn't crash once.
But on the iPhone blevo their is a -5 -10 +5 +10 at the bottom of the screen whilst cycling to adjust the assistance. Cant see it on the Android version, is it hiding somewhere?

Rheingold

May 1, 2019
Germany
Question regarding battery consumption:
My 2016 Levo used an average of 10-11 Wh/km. I just got my new 2019 Kenevo and on the first ride yesterday I consumed about 15 Wh/km. The settings on both bikes are identical, I have the feeling that I drove with a similar pace and in both cases I drove with smart power set to 190 W.

Is the different consumption normal, or something to be concerned about?

Screenshot_20190715-090047.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles