Status
Not open for further replies.

ticotime

Jun 20, 2019
Georgetown, TX
I have just released the version 3.5.1 of BLEvo for Android.
These are the news:
- Added the Speed Multiplier parameter to be able to use the bike sensor with a speed reduction system (see attached image)
- Now you can have the voice message every 30 minutes
- Added filter for barometer altitude values
- Optimized slope calculation
- Improved battery consumption on map display
- Now the AM / PM time is displayed if set in the system
- Added configuration parameter to automatically calibrate the barometer with GPS when stopped
- The minimum HR legs power lowered from 60% to 10%
- Now the GPS distance takes into account the slope
- Now if there is no Strava authorization, the button is enabled and executes the Strava authorization request
- Bugfix: barometer calibration at startup
- Bugfix: GPX import with single line point
- Bugfix: storage of zoom level

View attachment 15178
I am using the LSS planetary gear magnet system to give 1 magnet revolution for each 1.5 wheel revolutions. Will this speed multiplier correct the speed and distance from the bike ? Right now I just set Blevo to always use GPS data. Thanks 20190619_140958.jpg 20190619_183054.jpg

Last edited:

Dee Scee

Dec 21, 2018
Berkeley
BLEvo update: i’ve been using blevo for about 9 months now. i have an iphone but i bought a bv6000s for blevo on the handlebars. I LOVE IT!!!

i love all the data: cadence, hr, speed, distance, all broken down by level of assistance. always knowing what my battery percentage is, hr is, level of assistance is. awesome. being able to see and afterwards analyze what im doing, has extended my battery range tremendously!

my favorite data is the map. i use osm hike bike and download the areas i will be riding before i go. i know i could use many maps to navigate, but on blevo, ive got my hr and battery% right there on my screen with the map, and i can easily swipe up and down to toggle between full data display and navigating. cannot do that with just a map app!

thank you thank you thank you paolo for creating and maintaining such an awesome tool! it’s the best reason to ride a specialized! also, thank you rob and all the emtb forum family for showing me the way! i am LOVING riding my emtb. #ridetolivelivetoride ??❤️?⚡️??‍♂️?

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
Would it be possible to add mapcarta to the map sources?
The quality of mapcarta exceeds all other free map sources I've seen. The link address of download button (in bottom left corner) shows that map data is provided via api.mapbox.com
I don’t see any advantages to other openstreetmap based maps, in fact it’s much worse than what is included with Blevo since it is not at all MTB or path focused.

DTZ

May 5, 2019
UK
Hi Paolo,

Just a quick question - what should the maximum "motor efficiency" be? Today on a ride I managed a motor efficiency of over 100% - is that possible?

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paolo,

Just a quick question - what should the maximum "motor efficiency" be? Today on a ride I managed a motor efficiency of over 100% - is that possible?
"motor efficiency" is the rapport between wh motor and wh battery consumed.. if it is 100%, all the battery wh are used for motor assistance...
The value could be wrong if a second battery is connected..

jxj

Jun 28, 2018
Sierra California
Paolo,
The last release of the android fixed a problem I was having on the LG-G5 that I had not reported but appreciate the fix anyway. On the prior version every few seconds the power from rider and motor would drop to zero every few seconds even under power and then bounce back. On this release it's working perfect. Love this application. Thanks for making it work.

TMS

Apr 7, 2019
Finland
"motor efficiency" is the rapport between wh motor and wh battery consumed.. if it is 100%, all the battery wh are used for motor assistance...

I have only one battery. Last ride the motor efficiency was 101.7 %. A bit funny reading. I assume that motor and battery output readings are coming from interface and there is no calculation in BLEvo app?

DTZ

May 5, 2019
UK

Only one battery, motor efficiency shown as 101.9%

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Paolo,
The last release of the android fixed a problem I was having on the LG-G5 that I had not reported but appreciate the fix anyway. On the prior version every few seconds the power from rider and motor would drop to zero every few seconds even under power and then bounce back. On this release it's working perfect. Love this application. Thanks for making it work.
I think the issue was in the TCU, not in BLEvo..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I have only one battery. Last ride the motor efficiency was 101.7 %. A bit funny reading. I assume that motor and battery output readings are coming from interface and there is no calculation in BLEvo app?
Very strange.. the wh of the motor are calculated by BLEvo.. maybe there is some bug..

Luno-tic

Nov 29, 2018
Lunola06
Hi,

New to the site and with the large amount of questions on this site, I apologise if I am repeating an existing and already solved issue I have with BLEvo:

I have now ridden the exact same route 4 times using BLEvo. 3 times on Android and once on iPhone. I know that the route is just over 10.5mls, yet with BLEvo I get 4 different distances ranging from 4.18mls to 10.8mls (last one on iPhone - likely the correct distance). All 4 times I get identical gps mapping but different distances.
What am I getting wrong??

Thank you for any helpful thoughts!

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi,

New to the site and with the large amount of questions on this site, I apologise if I am repeating an existing and already solved issue I have with BLEvo:

I have now ridden the exact same route 4 times using BLEvo. 3 times on Android and once on iPhone. I know that the route is just over 10.5mls, yet with BLEvo I get 4 different distances ranging from 4.18mls to 10.8mls (last one on iPhone - likely the correct distance). All 4 times I get identical gps mapping but different distances.
What am I getting wrong??

Thank you for any helpful thoughts!
Could you share the setting of the usage of the bike sensor or not?
Did you unlock the speed?

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Is there any way of disabling the gps in BLEvo?
I use my Garmin to record the ride and upload to Strava. And I use the phone to control the bike with BLEvo. With the gps not active when using BLEvo the phone would use less battery.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Is there any way of disabling the gps in BLEvo?
I use my Garmin to record the ride and upload to Strava. And I use the phone to control the bike with BLEvo. With the gps not active when using BLEvo the phone would use less battery.
You can switch off after starting the tour...
I never test it, but I think it works..

ticotime

Jun 20, 2019
Georgetown, TX
Thanks for the great app, the data collected is very useful for evaluating rider effort, etc. I am having difficulty when changing user settings when switching between saved sets, for example user 1 and user 2. Often it takes 3 attempts of choosing a set from the drop-down menu for the settings to be correct instead of being partially correct and showing "advance user" in the menu window. Also it seems that the speed multiplier effects all sets of settings and cannot be different for different saved sets. I am using the android version on a Samsung Galaxy s5 mini. The bike is a 2019 Turbo Levo Expert, TCU 3.025. Thanks in advance for any help on this.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Thanks for the great app, the data collected is very useful for evaluating rider effort, etc. I am having difficulty when changing user settings when switching between saved sets, for example user 1 and user 2. Often it takes 3 attempts of choosing a set from the drop-down menu for the settings to be correct instead of being partially correct and showing "advance user" in the menu window. Also it seems that the speed multiplier effects all sets of settings and cannot be different for different saved sets. I am using the android version on a Samsung Galaxy s5 mini. The bike is a 2019 Turbo Levo Expert, TCU 3.025. Thanks in advance for any help on this.
The speed multiplier is a unique setting.
For user settings, it depends how many changes there are between one setting and the new one.. Some time not all the parameters are written at the first time...

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I'm happy to notify the new version 3.5.0 of BLEvo for iOS.
Offline maps are now available!!! You can find it in the GPX menu.

These are the news:
- Added MapBox offline maps
- Wh of the second battery also displayed in the bike monitor
- Added Strava description with ride data
- Bugfix

Download map.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles