My Chinese frame and motor build. The CHEEB, V1.0 - Build Thread

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Ok thanks for the help i will double check it tomorrow!

I hope it will work, but i think the connectors are not the best ones.
They do not seem strong, but it is the same on the BBS and i still using it since 7 years. If any problems you can find it here

RyeNiel

Jan 4, 2021
Philippines
the process to switch on is:
1st the push button on frame right side (it stays a bit depressed when on)
2nd several seconds (more than 5 i think) on the lower button of the remote

The unused connector is normal (for brake sensor)

check all pins (brittle) inside connectors and take care that connectors are fully inserted after . To be honest, i had the same problem at my first switch on, i have check all connections and after that work correctely, i have supposed that remote connector is not enough inserted in display.

And if it don't work => melody
did you mean the circle beside the key slot?

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Got the problem, it was the connector on the display.

So now i only ned an 12x chainring and it complete!

12 is not necesary for my opinion, 11 is enough (and cheaper/strong), i have tried 10 (11/50 found on ali) but speed do not shift correctely and i have removed. If i could find 8 speed K7 10/50 at correct price (+- 80 Euro) i will mount it. Motor have strong torque and not necessistate to have closer speeds.

i am curious about your return compared to the decoy

MartinEbiker

Mar 19, 2021
8430 Leibnitz
12 is not necesary for my opinion, 11 is enough (and cheaper/strong), i have tried 10 (11/50 found on ali) but speed do not shift correctely and i have removed. If i could find 8 speed K7 10/50 at correct price (+- 80 Euro) i will mount it. Motor have strong torque and not necessistate to have closer speeds.

i am curious about your return compared to the decoy

Yeah i know i tried to get an 8x in austria, but it was not in Stock, the same with 10x and 11x and i got the 29er wheelset with the SRAM NX on it so i decided to go for the 12x

Yeah i have had an Kenevon, then the decoy and some downhillers and enduros of course. My decoy was a base with some upgrades it was really sick!

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Also make sure battery is fully charged. Sounds obvious but mine wouldn’t turn on as BMS had gone to sleep.
On most new battery builds the BMS will be in a sleep state when first connected and the main motor output will not allow current ( you will see battery volts however ) to transfer from the battery. The BMS will only boot up correctly if the battery is charged to somewhere around I think 75% of top end volts.

Rob have you spent any time on the revised firmware on the motor ?

Hondy

Mar 11, 2021
simba124
27.5 rear and 29 front will modified a lot angles. 27.5 have 710 cm diameter and 29 750. it is the raison why i want rise a few the rear.

have you tools for crank plate ? i found it here
Bafang BBS axle tool locking ring nut second ring | Accessories | FasterBikes - Bafang / CYC Motorshop for your bike

i found also cranks arms (for M420), i have shortened it to make 154 length arms (not really know if necessary ? but i have nothing more to buid)
Achetez des Bras de Manivelle Bafang chez HBS (hollandbikeshop.com)

Hello this axle tool at Fasterbikes works ? (-: thx in advance Hondy .

Puschtrale

Jan 19, 2021
Dobbiaco
Hi guys, finally motor arrived. Can anyone tell me what thias part is for?
IMG_20210416_121146.jpg

jtran69

Jan 9, 2021
CA
So finally my frame arrived but there are some thinks I do not really understand so maybe someone can help me? See questions in attached pictures. Thanks to anyone who is able to give some help!!

I see battery cover but no battery so it’ll ship separately?

Bogdan

Mar 11, 2021
Slovenia
Pos 1 is not a speed sensor - this is power supply that you connect directly to the motor. Speed sensor comes with motor. You cannot do anything wrong with motor connectors - they fit in just one hole.

Does your pos 3 also heave this aluminium profile?

Normally you push button inside without nut - directly and nut comes then to the other side. If there are 2 same nuts you can use the second one to ''counter strike'' the first nut so it can not get loose.

How long dit it take for frame to be shipped to you (just delivery time)?

Puschtrale

Jan 19, 2021
Dobbiaco
Pos 1 is not a speed sensor - this is power supply that you connect directly to the motor. Speed sensor comes with motor. You cannot do anything wrong with motor connectors - they fit in just one hole.

Does your pos 3 also heave this aluminium profile?

Normally you push button inside without nut - directly and nut comes then to the other side. If there are 2 same nuts you can use the second one to ''counter strike'' the first nut so it can not get loose.

How long dit it take for frame to be shipped to you (just delivery time)?
Thanks mate. But do you also know how to guide Pos 2 (power button) upside to the tube? There is a whole but i dont know how to reach it from.inside the frame to hold the nut. Also i do not understand how the controller is linked to the battery/motor. Or is it just connected to the display and the display then is connected to the motor?
Pos 3 has also a an aluminium nut, but a smaller one and i.dont think you can unscrew the nut.

Bogdan

Mar 11, 2021
Slovenia
Pos 2 has an orange connector that you can take apart (I'm guessing that from pic).

Pos 3 the same - somewhere shod be a plug so you can take cable apart.

Nut is always from inside and aluminium profile shod be between nut and frame (its hard to see prom pic, but my guess is that from Pos3 you unscrew that nut and put it on the inside.

I'm still waiting for frame so this is just a guess - sorry. Perhaps someone who actually assembled his can write more.

Caio

Apr 24, 2021
Sao Paulo Brazil
Hi Guys,
I have been talking to Melody through this last week trying to get a E10 kit, unfortunatelly she informed me that they cannot ship battery and motor to Brazil, not sure why, checking my options, i might be able to get a BAFANG M500 through EBAY, however i'm not sure about the battery case, i'm not sure about the correct dimensions and if i get one similar, i'm not entire sure if it will fit correctly on the frame. Any of you guys had similar issues, maybe could share some light?
Thanks,
Caio

808Rider

May 14, 2021
Honolulu, Hawaii
You have a good point.......I did put Carbon wheels with DTSwiss 350 hubs and a Rockshox Vivid RC2 coil on mine (and an air spring upgrade on my Yari) so my total would be about 5200 US, lol;) That Monarch shock was a piece of junk, haha. The coil shock made a HUGE difference.
What size frame you have? I'm wondering if a coil will fit on a small frame?

808Rider

May 14, 2021
Honolulu, Hawaii
Sure - Could have built it for a lot less. Fork / shock and wheelset cost £1500 on this bike.

Luna buy the frames and motors in bulk and will get a much better price than a single consumer purchase.Luna spec a Yari, Monarch shock and budget wheelset - big saving there too ?
Hey, Rob
Will a coil shock fit on a small Luna X1?

Sunburntwily

Jan 28, 2021
Australia
Hi Guys,
I have been talking to Melody through this last week trying to get a E10 kit, unfortunatelly she informed me that they cannot ship battery and motor to Brazil, not sure why, checking my options, i might be able to get a BAFANG M500 through EBAY, however i'm not sure about the battery case, i'm not sure about the correct dimensions and if i get one similar, i'm not entire sure if it will fit correctly on the frame. Any of you guys had similar issues, maybe could share some light?
Thanks,
Caio
This is the only info on the batt. Perhaps the part number will help. It's definitely a generic battery.
You could also look at aliexpress. I have purchased a few things from them no problem. And I believe you can find E10 bike on there. Worth a try.

16210386414071393269673.jpg

Last edited:

marcos

May 20, 2019
madrid
Hey guys

On wednesday i got my Dengfu E10 and already painted it!
Today i put everything together but i have some struggles with it (i work as a mechatronik FIY)

i connected everything like it seems good to me and then i tried to start the Bike an it does not worked....
After a few attemts ai figured out to start it by pressing the button under +- on the handlebar and it worked. So i put everything together and when i finished i couldnt start the bike.....

i have used spray on every connector but maybe have i done something wrong?

i have also measured the voltage with the button on the front right pushed (53VDC) and not pushed (46VDC) what i really did not understand is this the ON / OFF Button or what?

is it normal that one of the connectors on the motor is not connected?

Thanks guys and i will make a review as soon as everything works.
Greetings from Austria!
I,m having exactly the same problem, we have mount two an none of them starts....
mine:
DENGFU 1.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles