Levo Gen 2 2020 Turbo Levo Owners Thread

RichAE

Nov 4, 2019
London
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to buy a 2020 Levo this week and having a bit of a dilemma trying to decide whether to go for the Comp or the Expert Carbon.

At the moment I'm riding a 2018 Stumpjumper Carbon Comp which was from before the recent Stumpjumper/Levo redesign, but given it's a similar carbon design, it's probably closer to the Expert.

Both Levo's are very expensive bikes and even the Levo Comp is more expensive than what I paid for the carbon Stumpjumper. Therefore the Levo Comp looks like it's better value for money, especially now it has the 700w battery.

Has anyone ridden both bikes?
My main worry is that I might miss the carbon of my Stumpjumper, as it's perhaps a bit of a downgrade.
My other thinking though is that one of carbon's main positives is weight saving and that's probably less of an issue when you've got motor assistance. Further to that, my other worry is longevity, as while my Stumpjumper could be ridden for years, I feel that the Levo and other ebikes will continue to evolve, so eventually the frame won't support smaller and more efficent motors and batteries. So perhaps it makes sense just to go for the cheaper option given it's not a bike I'm likely to end up riding for 10 years.

Anyone got any suggestions?
Thanks

Eduardoramundo

Aug 8, 2019
Glasgow
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to buy a 2020 Levo this week and having a bit of a dilemma trying to decide whether to go for the Comp or the Expert Carbon.

At the moment I'm riding a 2018 Stumpjumper Carbon Comp which was from before the recent Stumpjumper/Levo redesign, but given it's a similar carbon design, it's probably closer to the Expert.

Both Levo's are very expensive bikes and even the Levo Comp is more expensive than what I paid for the carbon Stumpjumper. Therefore the Levo Comp looks like it's better value for money, especially now it has the 700w battery.

My main worry is that I might miss the carbon of my Stumpjumper, as it's perhaps a bit of a downgrade.
My other thinking though is that one of carbon's main positives is weight saving and that's probably less of an issue when you've got motor assistance. Further to that, my other worry is longevity, as while my Stumpjumper could be ridden for years, I feel that the Levo and other ebikes will continue to evolve, so eventually the frame won't support smaller and more efficent motors and batteries. So perhaps it makes sense just to go for the cheaper option given it's not a bike I'm likely to end up riding for 10 years.

Thanks
You seem to have answered you own questions. You could of course pay lots extra and save yourself the 0.001% in weight ??

BFG

Sep 23, 2019
Brighton, UK
I've ridden both and I'm picking up a Comp tomorrow :)

There's a very slightly different ride feel due to the carbon damping some vibration, but it's not something you'd notice after the first few pedal strokes imho.

pixel

Nov 2, 2019
Manawatu New Zealand
I thought the carbon had a 10% weight reduction? However, not sure it's worth the additional cost. Will let you know after the weekend. My LBS says my carbon will be ready to collect this friday

Eduardoramundo

Aug 8, 2019
Glasgow
I thought the carbon had a 10% weight reduction? However, not sure it's worth the additional cost. Will let you know after the weekend. My LBS says my carbon will be ready to collect this friday

Maybe but its not going to reduce the weight of the whole bike 10%

Galion

Sep 20, 2019
Brazil
Only 0.6kg weight difference. Nothing remarkable but still I like carbon better. I got a 2020 Carbon Comp, happy camper here.

RichAE

Nov 4, 2019
London
I think I've decided I'm going for the Comp now, but just have the agonizing choice of which colour! I'm leaning towards the blue (Storm Grey).

laustin956

Oct 3, 2019
uk
Hi the parts i changed

ergon ge1 evo factory
renthal apex stem
renthal fatbar carbon
ergon sm e saddle
sram xg-1175 cassette
fox dpx2
dt swiss hx 1501 30mm

then later new forks and dropper magura brakes 220mm rotor

Last edited:

ryturn

Sep 12, 2019
Australia
Hi, I couldn´t stop notice that beautiful coil shock,.... I'm thinking about change it too...is that a 210x55 shock? if is a 210x55, have you notice the extra travel? how many lbs has the coil and what's your weight? thanks!
Rock Shox Ultimate Coil 210x55 mm running a 600lb coil at 92 kg plus , changed with Specialized ok and Rock Shox Lyrik Ultimate 170mm up front .

Mondfuchs

Jun 24, 2019
Switzerland
Rock Shox Ultimate Coil 210x55 mm running a 600lb coil at 92 kg plus , changed with Specialized ok and Rock Shox Lyrik Ultimate 170mm up front .
Hi, what kind of Offset was proposed? Standard as far as I know is 51mm for 150mm Forks. Thank for your response

Chubba

Sep 17, 2019
Cape Town, South Africa

This is a mate’s bike. Brand new battery/cabling/motor and TCU. One ride then this again.

Moisture or charger issue?

Open the mission control app and check if there are any issues in diagnostics. Clear them if there are.
Reset the TCU and check if that helps. If all else fails, might need a trip to the LBS to clear or update firmware. I had the same issue.

Chubba

Sep 17, 2019
Cape Town, South Africa
Hi everyone,

Thanks

Very little difference between the two and the weight difference is irrelevant. Save the cash go Comp and upgrade stuff if you want to.

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
I just installed the Lupine SL-SF hard wired headlight on my 2020 Levo. After a couple challenges it is working perfectly and is an elegant solution.... Fishing the cable through the frame, which has a couple choke points, caused us to damage the connector. I happened to have a spare cable and after talking to the folks at Lupine we cut the original cable off and put the new one on. It worked perfectly. They are having some issues with the 2020's and the SL-SF light and I suspect this might be the cause of the problem. The light is perfect, makes a ton of light, and is easily controlled on the handlebar.

lupine2.jpg

lupine.jpg

lupine3.jpg

lupine4.jpg

Captain45

Oct 1, 2019
Usa
I just installed the Lupine SL-SF hard wired headlight on my 2020 Levo. After a couple challenges it is working perfectly and is an elegant solution.... Fishing the cable through the frame, which has a couple choke points, caused us to damage the connector. I happened to have a spare cable and after talking to the folks at Lupine we cut the original cable off and put the new one on. It worked perfectly. They are having some issues with the 2020's and the SL-SF light and I suspect this might be the cause of the problem. The light is perfect, makes a ton of light, and is easily controlled on the handlebar.

View attachment 21340

View attachment 21341

View attachment 21342

View attachment 21343

Looks great, going to have to go hardwire soon too

Captain45

Oct 1, 2019
Usa
This happened tonight. Renthal 30mm Rise Carbon w/ 40mm Apex Stem. Should be fairly close to OEM geometry (coming up 3mm higher and back 5mm from stock). I've got some revgrips coming in soon. I think this setup will reduce some of the hand fatigue I'm getting

SmartSelect_20191107-205457_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

Eduardoramundo

Aug 8, 2019
Glasgow
Open the mission control app and check if there are any issues in diagnostics. Clear them if there are.
Reset the TCU and check if that helps. If all else fails, might need a trip to the LBS to clear or update firmware. I had the same issue.

The diagnostics were automatically reported back to specialized via mission control who confirmed an issue. Everything has been replaced by the LBS.

Timelesswhite

Nov 8, 2019
San Diego
This is my formal introduction about my 2020 Specialized Turbo Levo. Decided on the Comp, for its reasonable price and most importantly the great reviews about the Brose motor.
I upgraded the suspension with PUSH’s ACS3 coil damper and boosted up to 160mm of travel. The rear shock was fitted with a Fox DHX2 650lb spring.
New steering controls offered new look and feel, compliments of Deity 787.
So far, the bike has lived up to the hype. I’ve totaled around 200 miles so far and I’m looking forward to many more.
9F3B01BD-C98B-4780-AD40-9203DE16F1DF.jpeg
AAD8EC31-C813-4F50-9F03-C41EB1A23827.jpeg

Last edited:

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
This happened tonight. Renthal 30mm Rise Carbon w/ 40mm Apex Stem. Should be fairly close to OEM geometry (coming up 3mm higher and back 5mm from stock). I've got some revgrips coming in soon. I think this setup will reduce some of the hand fatigue I'm getting

View attachment 21355
Hope it will. I have Renthal 35 mm stem/carbon bar combo and have to change it because it was too harsh

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
This is my formal introduction about my 2020 Specialized Turbo Levo. Decided on the Comp, for its reasonable price and most importantly the great reviews about the Brose motor.
I upgraded the suspension with PUSH’s ACS3 coil damper and boosted up to 160mm of travel. The rear shock was fitted with a Fox DHX2 650lb spring.
So far, the bike has lived up to the hype. I’ve totaled around 200 miles so far and I’m looking forward to many more. View attachment 21370 View attachment 21371
mmmmm.... pretty

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
I took my inaugural night ride with the Lupine SL SF system tonight. Worked seamlessly, plenty of light, though not quite as much as my $400 Serfas True 1500+ system.... Started out with a little light and the light automatically ran as DRL, then as I got into the woods, it automatically switched to Low Beam.... switching back and forth was really easy with the handlebar controls... So much better than having to remember to charge and install the Serfas system, and having the opportunity to end up unintentionally riding into dark, which is very easy this time of year. I give it five stars!

lupine6.jpg

lupine 7.jpg

lupine 8.jpg

TMS

Apr 7, 2019
Finland
I took my inaugural night ride with the Lupine SL SF system tonight. Worked seamlessly, plenty of light, though not quite as much as my $400 Serfas True 1500+ system.... Started out with a little light and the light automatically ran as DRL, then as I got into the woods, it automatically switched to Low Beam.... switching back and forth was really easy with the handlebar controls... So much better than having to remember to charge and install the Serfas system, and having the opportunity to end up unintentionally riding into dark, which is very easy this time of year. I give it five stars!

View attachment 21404

View attachment 21405

View attachment 21406
Why are you flooding this on several threads? Yes it is ok for a lamp but it is still just a lamp.

pixel

Nov 2, 2019
Manawatu New Zealand
First hit out on the 2020 expert carbon this morning! The 2020 motor is definitely a bit louder than the 2018 version, a good few segment PBs despite never having ridden on 29s! Still had 3 bars left which is where this bike really stands out for me, and I would have run it closer to empty had the minister of home affairs not set a deadline for a birthday party :ROFLMAO:

20191109_072122.jpg

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
So far, the bike has lived up to the hype. I’ve totaled around 200 miles so far and I’m looking forward to many more. View attachment 21370 View attachment 21371
Man I really like that color... looks better than the promo pics

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles