Australia
you gotta love new bikes day.......pity they don't stay clean long ,
20191017_170317.jpg
20191019_123853.jpg
no mud just dust in Australia.

Captain45

Oct 1, 2019
Usa
I tried to fit the exact same chainring and found that the attachment lugs will need a few millimetres grinding off the inner edge to allow it to sit correctly on the spider.

I was unable to actually do the grinding because the Praxxis ring was for another bike.

It looked as if the original chain guide would be OK but can't be 100% sure until I actually get the Praxxis chainring fitted.
View attachment 20294

Was a straight swap for me. Just remove pedal and chainring bolts. The new praxis is female threaded so no new bolts needed. The inner edge seemed to sit okay on mine (I wonder if your spider or chainring was slightly off spec) but I do need the chain guide adapter....come on usps...
SmartSelect_20191019-154414_Gallery.jpg
SmartSelect_20191019-154437_Gallery.jpg

Captain45

Oct 1, 2019
Usa
Was a straight swap for me. Just remove pedal and chainring bolts. The new praxis is female threaded so no new bolts needed. The inner edge seemed to sit okay on mine (I wonder if your spider or chainring was slightly off spec) but I do need the chain guide adapter....come on usps... View attachment 20323 View attachment 20324
New chain adapter came in but the full back plate size has a crack in it, I'm going to blame shipping :(

She's skipping up to a smaller gear now with the new 36t, what would be the proper adjustment screw to fix this?

Haedesz

Sep 20, 2019
Belgium
She's skipping up to a smaller gear now with the new 36t, what would be the proper adjustment screw to fix this?

How is your chain tension compared to before? Too much tension (because of bigger ring) COULD cause slipping. I'm saying this because the horizontal alignment of the chain shouldnt have changed by adding (a measely) 4T.

Captain45

Oct 1, 2019
Usa
How is your chain tension compared to before? Too much tension (because of bigger ring) COULD cause slipping. I'm saying this because the horizontal alignment of the chain shouldnt have changed by adding (a measely) 4T.

I backed off the b screw a bit and has seemed to have helped but shifts are still slow mid cassette. I think I'll bring it in to the lbs for a proper calibration as I'm not too saavy on derailleur adjustments

Bobcat01

Sep 26, 2019
NE Scotland
First snows have arrived in the Cairngorms of Scotland last night. The Levo handled it well apart from the rear Eliminator which clogged really badly with the peaty muddy wet soil in comparison to the Maxxis which appeared to be able to keep reasonably clear treads.
The route is Heartache Ridge at Ballater with the trail heading down the 2nd photo.
6723CDC2-2355-46CB-B859-F8DC4B1985D3.jpeg
8FDFDDA2-8A43-403B-BA6C-3459999B048A.jpeg

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
First snows have arrived in the Cairngorms of Scotland last night. The Levo handled it well apart from the rear Eliminator which clogged really badly with the peaty muddy wet soil in comparison to the Maxxis which appeared to be able to keep reasonably clear treads.
The route is Heartache Ridge at Ballater with the trail heading down the 2nd photo. View attachment 20628 View attachment 20629
I wash mine after almost every ride.... still looks good!

ryturn

Sep 12, 2019
Australia

This is a mate’s bike. Brand new battery/cabling/motor and TCU. One ride then this again.

Moisture or charger issue?
Mine has shown those lights but only once, lucky whilst at LBS , controller checked ok , mechanic said if it does again ,turn off for 10 seconds turn back on, hasn't happened again.

Last edited:

Captain45

Oct 1, 2019
Usa
Mine has shown those lights but only once, lucky whilst at LBS , controller checked ok , mechanic sayed if it does again ,turn off for 10 seconds turn back on, hasn't happened again.

I get those if I backpedal or reverse the bike...speed sensor error.

Karel Tyc

Sep 11, 2019
Prague
Just about few weeks with my 2020 Levo Expert. Pretty happy with. I took out 2tokens from fork but I have put one back and pressed 75Psi. Seems to be better than without tokens and 80Psi. I am 182cm and 85kg (almost 88kkg with my backpack)
3409FFB7-33EB-4CC6-BADD-F8CE4A72C115.jpeg
6D33AF69-1816-4C39-8D82-FCF08F6F68BB.jpeg

Last edited:

pixel

Nov 2, 2019
Manawatu New Zealand
Hi All,

I just sold my 2018 fattie today and put in an order for a 2020 Expert Carbon, and I just wanted to know if anyone has looked at using a Frame protector like Frameskin etc?

I have done a few searches on the forum and havnt found much? anyone know if this saves the paint? Had a few scratches from the bike trailer on my 2018 bike and keen to stop that this time round.

Issue is there is no 2020 protector out yet (At least that I can find, but I'm keen to get it wrapped before I take it out for it's maiden voyage)

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
My 2020 came with some frame protection on it already. LBS put a set over the top of it, looks good.

Truckeemtb

Jun 16, 2019
Tahoe California
You meant something like this? I was sold on a 2020 Expert to replace my 2017, but after a close inspection of the frames I know I cant live with those nasty carbon patches. Both Expert colors are beautiful and maybe we are getting irregular stock from Specialized :unsure:
Does yours looks like these? Is this normal? The black/gunmetal hides the “flaws” much better since it has a gorgeous deep shine, but the Matt black/green was less forgiving.

View attachment 18875 View attachment 18876 View attachment 18877 View attachment 18878
It's normal I have a 2020 Stumpy AXS is "camouflage black" and that's how the layup looks on the entire bike. I actually like it.

Truckeemtb

Jun 16, 2019
Tahoe California
I just don't have much love for Fox forks. I've had lots of warranty claims with them and I personally think they are overrated.

The 2.1 damper mod is super easy. Undo the bottom nut, tap the damper rod free, unscrew damper cap and lift the damper out. Replace with new damper. If you wanted to go all out you could put an avalanche damper in the Lyrik, that would fix most if not all of your front suspension woes. At a cost though lol

Agreed. I don't get along with Fox 36 forks either. I have had 3 Fox 36 forks. I am only 140 lbs and can't get full travel even with zero tokens and low air pressure (sort of). If I bring the pressure down to 34 psi I can get the travel but then I am into the middle of the stroke and it sucks on small bumps and just doesn't work well except bigger hits. I think the Fox 36 forks are made for heavier folks and more bike park style riding. I know it's the newish standard for trail/ enduro bikes but they aren't for everyone. I ride about 2,000 miles a year (we have a long winter here) or it would be double that, I do some jump trails and aggressive riding. I look around at my bike group and many A level former pro or semi pro riders aren't getting full travel out of a 36 without lighter weight oil and shim work. So for me the Pike works best. It might be a little under-forked according to some but with how stiff bikes are I would rather have the suspension working properly and getting the most out of the travel. I have a Pike on Yeti 5c, S-works AXS and my 2019 expert levo. So far no unicorn's for suspension for light weight folks or those that aren't really sending big gaps. I can say the 2.1 is damper is a little better than the prior version but not by leaps and bounds. I think it has a little more support and stays a little higher in the travel but still has good small bump compliance. I have the 2.1 on Pike Ultimate and 2.0 on 2 other bikes. It's noticeable but I wouldn't call it a game changer.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles