SZZS specific CEF50-main thread (initial builds and troubleshooting related only)

ficorama

Oct 9, 2021
Croatia
I will not install the battery in the frame. I showed that you can put a battery on 28ah. The battery entered the frame. The battery is installed firmly. The battery does not need fasteners. The battery size is 230x75x60mm. The 3p10s. 21700 battery is glued together with glue. Weight 2200g. The photo shows from above where the bms is installed. For the frame, it is better to place the bms on the side of the battery.

View attachment 117604 View attachment 117605
there is enough space in the frame for cells in 3 rows, how did you arrange the bms on the side?

tepe

Nov 22, 2023
PL
Guys, I finally got my order last Friday! Now I'm preparing for my build and I need your help and advice.

After searching my damper's SN on https://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike, I got the following specs:

2021, FLOAT DPX2, P-S, A, 3pos, Evol LV, Canyon, M53-02 - Spectral, 210, 55, 0.2 Spacer, CL, DRL, Rezi M F M

Questions:
  1. Why is there a 0.2 Spacer in the spec?
  2. With 29er wheels, is the maximum safe travel 210 x 52.5 or 210 x 50?
  3. Is it difficult to change the travel range? Can I do it myself?
  4. If I want to change the travel, what size spacer should I buy?
Thanks!

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Guys, I finally got my order last Friday! Now I'm preparing for my build and I need your help and advice.

After searching my damper's SN on Bike Help Center | FOX, I got the following specs:

2021, FLOAT DPX2, P-S, A, 3pos, Evol LV, Canyon, M53-02 - Spectral, 210, 55, 0.2 Spacer, CL, DRL, Rezi M F M

Questions:
  1. Why is there a 0.2 Spacer in the spec?
  2. With 29er wheels, is the maximum safe travel 210 x 52.5 or 210 x 50?
  3. Is it difficult to change the travel range? Can I do it myself?
  4. If I want to change the travel, what size spacer should I buy?
Thanks!
If you want longer travel, Max safe travel is 55mm stroke. 8 months with absolutely NO (=0) problems, lots of small jumps/hops/drops. Yields 165 +/- mm of rear plushness! 🍻

Last edited:

tepe

Nov 22, 2023
PL
If you want longer travel, Max safe travel is 55mm stroke. 8 months with absolutely NO (=0) problems, lots of small jumps/hops/drops. Yields 165 +/- mm of rear plushness! 🍻

With 2x 29 wheels ? I thought that you have mullet setup.

Frame size matter in terms of damper travel ? I have XL

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ

I have a 27.5 x 2.8" rear so it's taller 28.7ish" on a L frame. There is no cross bridge on the rear linkage frees up the travel arc.

Olafmetal

Nov 18, 2022
USA
1000013861.jpg
1000013862.jpg

Quick and dirty motor cover

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ

Ultimately, if you seek max travel on 29er" the 55 mm stroke gets you more. Worst case add a spacer/token and take it back down. If you don't care then sure 52.5/50 mm is proven safe.

Also, in theory the rear triangle stays the same, it's the front triangle that changes. Yes, some high-end fabricators customize the rear. But in general it's the same specs.

un..inc

Jun 13, 2023
Germany
Hello!
I have another question regarding the speed magnet:
Does such a centrelock lockring magnet from Shimano work for the CEF50 system?
1710765749893.png

I believe that I have seen in some setups that the magnet sits on a larger diameter.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
A small question, what is the max chainring for Cef50 frame?

Thanks
A big answer, 😁 maybe 36T? But I doubt it. Just too close to the stay.

I think it's spec'd max 34T. FYI: I use 32T for technical climbing at a high cadence.

Anyone able to fit a big 36T out there yet? 🤔

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
I run a 30T for my Mt. Goat.
You run an 11 spd right, 46 or 48 or even 50T cassette?

I had a 30T/50T on my fat bike analog to crawl up hills...I think some hikers beat me up to the top a few times...but hey, in the super steep, a 30T rocks!👊😎

Last edited:

borysgo2

Feb 1, 2023
Ireland
A big answer, 😁 maybe 36T? But I doubt it. Just too close to the stay.

I think it's spec'd max 34T. FYI: I use 32T for technical climbing at a high cadence.

Anyone able to fit a big 36T out there yet? 🤔
Thanks. 34T is bit small. I like a bit bigger chairing to reduce overall transmission wear.
My lce930 runs with 38T, 800km on the chain and the wear is very low.

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Dec 31, 2020
UK
So I remember a while back in the thread, someone asked about the dpc245.3 display and remote working with different clamp designs for brake levers and dropper levers.
20240324_152037.jpg

Whilst I've ended up implementing this on the E-Mythique, rest assured it is applicable to any emtb which uses the CANBus bafang system (including the CEF50).
20240324_152042.jpg

As you can see, the remote is ran furthest outboard on my 820mm wide Bontrager Line 35 handlebars.
20240324_152104.jpg

To achieve this, I've opted to use Shimano I-spec2 clamps for both brake levers. Surprisingly after doing research and digging, I found that I-spec2 doesn't take up as much space compared to Sram Matchmaker.
20240324_152158.jpg

However, please bear in mind that the cable is quite tight. And because of how the cable protrudes from right side of the remote, riders may find themselves carefully orienting the remote to ensure that the cable doesn't snap or kink unnecessarily.
20240324_152402.jpg

Like I said, it's tight. But doable. I'd even go as far as to being VERY selective as to each component of your cockpit. Especially if you use wide handlebars.
20240324_152326.jpg

But the end result is worth it IMO.
20240324_152252.jpg

So hopefully, this information helps someone out there. Failing that, their are other displays which can be used as alternatives.
20240324_152307.jpg

And yes. I-spec2 for front brake and trigger shifter👍🏿

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
View attachment 136907
Like I said, it's tight. But doable.
Yipes!😱 That's likely too tight of almost 90° angle and may fray that cable over time? I'd recommend moving it toward your stem inward on your bars using the traditional single mount clamp.

Since you're running a big 820 mm bar, you likely have broad shoulders and a longer thumb to reach in further to the power selector buttons.

That's what I did on my 800 mm bar to get more wire slack, Unfortunately for that reason, I couldn't utilize the I-spec (anti-clutter) clamp. The separate single clamp created more cable slack for a nice arc sweeping under the interface connector.

But to each their own...the cockpit is unique to each rider's preferences. 🍻

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Dec 31, 2020
UK
I see what you mean @TCFlowClyde. So after a weeks riding, I haven't encountered issues. But it's not ideal.
I've never been a fan of the controls dictating where my levers and shifter should be placed. But the above setup for me will work for now👍🏿

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
I see what you mean @TCFlowClyde. So after a weeks riding, I haven't encountered issues. But it's not ideal.
I've never been a fan of the controls dictating where my levers and shifter should be placed. But the above setup for me will work for now👍🏿
Ideally a wireless handlebar mount remote selector button will be the next Bafang evolution...that and an even a lower profile one too!🤟

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Dude, while your latest photos are adorable family fun. All your posts are confusing and vague. Bottomline: you purchased your bike completely built through Rockcan right? Are you just advertising it? Because this is really a DIY thread not a 3rd party Rockcan vendor forum.

We use this thread to troubleshoot issues mainly to help with DIY CEF50 builds, please STOP or start your own Rockcan thread. Thanks bud.👍

Lehr

May 18, 2023
China
Dude, while your latest photos are adorable family fun. All your posts are confusing and vague. Bottomline: you purchased your bike completely built through Rockcan right? Are you just advertising it? Because this is really a DIY thread not a 3rd party Rockcan vendor forum.

We use this thread to troubleshoot issues mainly to help with DIY CEF50 builds, please STOP or start your own Rockcan thread. Thanks bud.👍
I paid for it. I made all those custom parts myself.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
I paid for it. I made all those custom parts myself.
I realize you've paid for your fully built Rockcan bike. That doesn't matter. This is a CEF50 build thread as the title states. It goes from the frame up for do-it-yourself (DIY).

I have politely asked you in the past to share how you made some custom parts and you have not disclosed anything. So you don't contribute to the build process. Because of this I can only conclude that you are just advertising albeit subtly for RockCan.

Consequently, this is not the correct thread for non-DIY CEF50 builds. Your's is a full retailed pre-built emtb from a vendor in China. Please do not post in this specific thread.

Last edited:

Lehr

May 18, 2023
China
I realize you've paid for your fully built Rockcan bike. That doesn't matter. This is a CEF50 build thread as the title states. It goes from the frame up for do-it-yourself (DIY).

I have politely asked you in the past to share how you made some custom parts and you have not disclosed anything. So you don't contribute to the build process. Because of this I can only conclude that you are just advertising albeit subtly for RockCan.

Consequently, this is not the correct thread for non-DIY CEF50 builds. Your's is a full retailed pre-built emtb from a vendor in China. Please do not post in this specific thread.
If you know how to use CAD, then you can naturally follow it, if you don't have the motivation to follow it, it means you don't need it yet

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
If you know how to use CAD, then you can naturally follow it, if you don't have the motivation to follow it, it means you don't need it yet
You can put 3-D printable on public domain space called thingverse.com as other CEF50 owners have done. Again you don't have a DIY build purchased from SZZS a CEF50 frame to build up yourself.

To repeat, the whole point of this is help others out. You have not done so to date. So, please don't post here. You are simply advertising for a 3rd party emtb build contracted with SZZS.

Lehr

May 18, 2023
China
You can put 3-D printable on public domain space called thingverse.com as other CEF50 owners have done. Again you don't have a DIY build purchased from SZZS a CEF50 frame to build up yourself.

Again The whole point of this is help others out. You have not done so to date. So, please don't post here. You are simply advertising for a 3rd party emtb build contracted with SZZS.
Whatever the brand, it's CEF 50.It helps to give you inspiration and ideas.Open STL isn't a must, and that's just STL, you can't make small changes to fit the frame size. You also can't get those people to disclose the CAD files available for modification, don't moralise

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles