Show me your bike vans

Neverbeentomoab

Jun 17, 2019
Middlesbrough
Fed up of lifting a levo into the back of the car after a ride so I’m thinking of buying a small van. What have people got The more pictures the better.

Hobo Mikey

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
May 22, 2020
Where ever
Well it is a van.....it’s my Campervan ?
9E6C0236-CD44-493B-9103-4A43C1AF789E.jpeg

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
IMG_20190331_151449.jpg

Nissan nv200 combi with all the rear seats removed and the windows blacked out Just that bit bigger than the other small vans, Berlingo etc.
The extra hassle of insurance, double tax, speed limits, tolls, visiting the tip etc put me off buying a van that's registered as a van.
Bikes fit without removing wheels(else what's the point!?) Long enough to sleep in at 6'.
I wouldnt swap it for anything.

1981Miked

Jun 14, 2020
Dundee
Nice setup Cozzy, I hadn’t thought of the whole registered as a van for the reasons you stated. My brother has an NV200 with a camper convention (albeit very basic), I’ll maybe have him swing by so I can try the ebike in the back. Already fed up of removing wheels etc to get it in the car, don’t trust rear racks and fitting a towbar is a no go for my car. Contemplating selling the motorbike to purchase a van...

1981Miked

Jun 14, 2020
Dundee
Ps.. I’m assuming then that a bike won’t go in the back of a Kangoo sized van without taking the front wheel off? That’s what I was looking at but as Cozzy said... what’s the point in a van if you still have to take wheels off etc.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Ps.. I’m assuming then that a bike won’t go in the back of a Kangoo sized van without taking the front wheel off? That’s what I was looking at but as Cozzy said... what’s the point in a van if you still have to take wheels off etc.

Maybe at an angle? Certainly when i was looking the duplo, kangoo, berlingo, caddy etc etc were all just that bit too short compared to the nissan, which is the perfect length before stepping up to transit or vw t5 size vehicles.
Ive always thought that people with vans who have to take their bikes to bits, or strap them on outside, have bought the wrong van ?

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I have a van. It was reasonably cheap, low km but neglected. I spent some time and money on it, and it's awesome. We use it a lot as a van - carting bikes around is just one use. We've kept it as a basic van, which is great. We can use it to transport stuff, which we do a lot, go on holidys with bikes and gear, go and pick up a downed motorcycle at short notice, move house etc. We love the versatility of it.

van.jpg

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
Seriously considering a van... will have a test drive on a citroen jumpy tomorrow.

Apples

Oct 27, 2018
Wiltshire
I did the same
2019 Levo size large
I got a ford connect high top ,, LWB can get two Levo stood up , wheels on , a good distance apart !
perfect ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles