Modded Vans

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
Not really “modded”, but since Al asked here’s our Pleasure Way Plateau van. Not much to do since it came with a sink, stove, fridge, freezer, bathroom, shower, queen bed and TV (yes, we’re quite spoiled!). We did make some minor mods for comfort on the inside, and we replaced the basic OEM 400w inverter with a 600W pure sine inverter so we can charge the Levos directly. The coach has a 1900W Li battery and two 190W solar panels, so with a little sunshine (abundant here in the southwest US) we can keep the Levos ready to go and run our Nespresso coffee maker even in the boondocks.

Blair Valley, Anza Borrego Desert State Park in So. Calif.

Blair Valley.jpg

Entering DVNP in Panamint Valley (Vados on the Thule T2 rack)

DVNP.jpg

Heading out for a 4-week trip to Utah with SIX bikes: 2 Stumpjumpers on the rack, 2 Vados and 2 Levos on the Yakima rack-n-roll trailer. (Yep, we’re fun hogs!)

Trailer.jpg

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
That looks really good :)

We have a custom built t4 camper that's a little modified, but I would love the space of a lwb sprinter

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
Long wheelbase vivaro for me too. Only slight mod, is some pre made shelving on one side. Most trips are with 2 or 3 people and bikes and it's just about big enough fully loaded. Made sure I got one with air con this time, as previous van was an oven in the summer.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Has anyone got a new shape Transit Connect? I’m wondering if they are long enough to get a bike in without talking the front wheel out or putting it on the diagonal?

Last edited:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Has anyone got a new shape Transit Connect? I’m wondering if they are long enough to get a bike in without talking the front wheel out or putting it on the diagonal?
Funnily i was looking at these recently - i think the lwb will take a bike straight in

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
That's what I'm hoping. I know the old shape won't and they are too agricultural anyway.

caterhamnut

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
South West
About to trundle up to Scotland in my 68 Bay...
Photo taken during trials! Have now fitted the van out - will post pics later.

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
:) I've just been looking at a BMW Gran Tourer 7 seater - I'm wondering if 29' wheels would fit using a similar setup to yours with all seats folded down.

HKP57

Jul 7, 2018
Central Scotland
what sized battery are you gonna go for HKP57?
Lawman

I am fitting a 130AH battery which should on paper charge both mine and my wifes bike from flat and have some change for phone and GoPro.

Our plan is not to charge from flat but to charge while on the road between locations or to top up during lunch stop for the afternoon full turbo my legs are done sections.

There are a couple of threads on here about this but here is one.

Charging from a vehicle ? - EMTB Forums

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ULTRAMAX-L...335&sr=8-4-acs&keywords=130ah+leisure+battery

Mike Smith

May 26, 2018
Derby, UK
Not really “modded”, but since Al asked here’s our Pleasure Way Plateau van. Not much to do since it came with a sink, stove, fridge, freezer, bathroom, shower, queen bed and TV (yes, we’re quite spoiled!). We did make some minor mods for comfort on the inside, and we replaced the basic OEM 400w inverter with a 600W pure sine inverter so we can charge the Levos directly. The coach has a 1900W Li battery and two 190W solar panels, so with a little sunshine (abundant here in the southwest US) we can keep the Levos ready to go and run our Nespresso coffee maker even in the boondocks.

Blair Valley, Anza Borrego Desert State Park in So. Calif.

View attachment 4610

Entering DVNP in Panamint Valley (Vados on the Thule T2 rack)

View attachment 4611

Heading out for a 4-week trip to Utah with SIX bikes: 2 Stumpjumpers on the rack, 2 Vados and 2 Levos on the Yakima rack-n-roll trailer. (Yep, we’re fun hogs!)

View attachment 4612
Serious kit there..very nice

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles