Show me your bike vans

OldGoatMTB

E*POWAH Master
Mar 24, 2020
Ps.. I’m assuming then that a bike won’t go in the back of a Kangoo sized van without taking the front wheel off? That’s what I was looking at but as Cozzy said... what’s the point in a van if you still have to take wheels off etc.
It is more secure, and keeps the rain and road dirt off it.

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden
Any pictures of bikes in small vans caddy/berlingo etc

Here is My normal caddy with 2 bikes in with size L and XL and wheels Still on.

I have put 3 bikes in and it works actually but after that it is full ?
IMG_20200729_102535.jpg

BigLee

Jul 12, 2019
Lake District cumbria
Transit custom for me ? bulkhead upper removed and sound deadening, insulation and carpeted in the back. A bungee clipped to the wheel arch d ring, the back brake held on with an elastic band and a light strap holding the seat post to the side of the van and the bike is solid ? £20 worth of foam matting from b&q on the floor as well ?
Tbh the lower speed limits don't make much of a problem to my trips away, much faster and it guzzles fuel ?

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
Lots of nice vans parked F785BB80-2A4F-4AF7-A3E6-5105FCBF5009.jpeg down at Woolacombe bay today and a surprising number of eBikes too. This NV200 looks like a good small van.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
If they did an NV200 with a slushbox I’d be all over it.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
What ever size van you get, use a fork mount. Takes few seconds to take front wheel off. So much easier than faffing about with bungees, more secure too. ?

I bought a universal cargo bar for about $25 au. There are holes in the window pillars where the bar fits (see white van about 20 posts up). My bike, xl goes in backwards with the seat in front of the bar - 2 occy straps; one around seat and cargo bar, one around top of forks and hooked into a rear vent. My partner's 24" bike fits completely behind the bar - one occy strap around handlebar, brakes and cargo bar. We can take 3 bikes nicely with room between the back of the seats and the bikes for other gear. Never take the wheels off.

Note: locking the brakes makes a huge difference too. Rubber bands around the levers, or zip ties (keep using the same ones).

Last edited:

MitchF

E*POWAH Elite
Jun 1, 2019
Mirokumk38
View attachment 36692
Nissan nv200 combi with all the rear seats removed and the windows blacked out Just that bit bigger than the other small vans, Berlingo etc.
The extra hassle of insurance, double tax, speed limits, tolls, visiting the tip etc put me off buying a van that's registered as a van.
Bikes fit without removing wheels(else what's the point!?) Long enough to sleep in at 6'.
I wouldnt swap it for anything.
That’s a good shout, just looked at MPV’s and you get a lot for not a lot of money.
Tidy ??

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Elgrands and Alphards would be awesome if they didn’t have the interiors styled like a 1970’s high class brothel! All that velour...

Stumpy

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
Elgrands and Alphards would be awesome if they didn’t have the interiors styled like a 1970’s high class brothel! All that velour...

I think you've hit the nail on the head Dom, I couldn't work out why I felt so at home in mine but understand now ? - although mine's obviously a high(er) class brothel as it's all (cream) leather:ROFLMAO:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles