Show me your bike vans

Swissrob

Sep 4, 2018
Switzerland
I think you've hit the nail on the head Dom, I couldn't work out why I felt so at home in mine but understand now ? - although mine's obviously a high(er) class brothel as it's all (cream) leather:ROFLMAO:

Leather is good it doesn't show the stains!

mark1a

Mar 11, 2019
Dorset, UK
I've posted pics of my VW Caddy before. It's a LWB MPV version (Maxi Life), so it's registered as passenger vehicle which makes speed limits, etc less hassle. I've had from new and have modified it from standard spec since, such as tints, lowering, splitter, alloys, remap, etc.

IMG_0239.jpg
IMG_0061.jpg
IMG_0062.jpg

Neverbeentomoab

Jun 17, 2019
Middlesbrough

Winryn

Nov 10, 2019
Shropshire
I've a short wheel base latest shape partner. Actually is a superb drive and well worthy of its van of the year accolade. Drives like a car, loads of toys and with 130bhp it's nippy enough.

For me its a work vehicle and initially I would remove all my tools (which were in tstak boxes) if I went biking as they always felt in the way and likely to fall and damage the bike. Here's a pic of it strapped in. Fits in easily

F7FEBE4E-5AFD-48A2-AEE1-A54585F14489 by win rya, on Flickr

However, I wanted a solution that would secure my tools, allow me to travel with both on board and crucially still allow me to work and then go straight from work to hit the trails without going home. Bike now mounted on a van vault with the a fork mount. Doesn't need strapping in and is rock solid. Quicker to take the wheel off than strap it in. Added bonus is van works for work and play at the same time.

Current solution

IMG_1271 by win rya, on Flickr

Only zoomed out pic I have. (fork mount was still in transit at this point

61532086428__89488F2A-3B6D-4275-9DB6-04362D14B5AF by win rya, on Flickr

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Fed up of lifting a levo into the back of the car after a ride so I’m thinking of buying a small van. What have people got The more pictures the better.

Was in exactly the same position. I bought a VW Transporter T5 Shuttle Short Wheel Base. Basically its a transporter but with rear aircon, mid and rear bench seats, opening windows down the side and more sound insulation. The third row of seats is kindly being stored in my sister in laws shed.

Ive got a young family so we drive all over Europe in it, hence why I didnt just buy a Kombi. It fits in a normal UK parking bay and car parks but can take 6 people, 4 adult size bikes (without taking off wheels), 2 surfboards, loads of family crap and a toilet!

Next time I buy a new car/van, I’ll get the new Caravelle as its quieter, has the swivel captains chairs and is generally more refined. Then our T5 will have a tuned RS3 engine dropped in it and will become my project van ?

Nick m

May 1, 2020
Clevedon, Somerset, England
Hi all
I also have a NV200 van which is just right to fit the bikes in.
I can fit 3 bikes in without loosening the handlebars (1 facing the other way) and probably 5 if I undid them.
It is very good on fuel and I average around 45 mpg. Kangoo and Berlingos are too short and you have to store a bike diagonally. I have a 12v power washer screwed to the rear door and a water fountain bottle strapped in the back for muddy winter rides. We dont use the van for camping but I do a lot of metal detecting and fishing so I can store everything in the back. I would never go back to a car again as the van is just too handy.
Hope the info helps
Cheers
Nick

20200801_153916.jpg

20200801_154052.jpg

20200801_153935.jpg

20200801_154204.jpg

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
Nice, what bike rack are you using to hold the bike tires. Thanks
Hi, its the kind of bike shop stand you can find on ebay, I live in Brazil and found these on mercado livre, the latin ebay.

SteveSSS

Aug 14, 2019
Lancaster, UK
Berlingo with the middle seat removed, takes a medium Decoy and a small Vitus E-Sommet, they roll in and out fine and still plenty of storage space.

20200829_073437.jpg

fenwick458

Oct 6, 2020
Cumbria
old pics but nothing much has changed. Only thing is I have to use 2 bungees to strap the e-bike in whereas with the bike in the picture 1 loosley wrapped bungee would do, tried using 1 with the e-bike and it slammed to the floor on the 1st corner!!
I am thinking about downgrading to a caddy maxi (although I've been saying that for ages and nothing has happened yet)
would be interested in some pics of a new bike in a caddy maxi.
the fork mount option certainly sounds interesting, I can't believe I've not heard of it before, seems so simple

20200507_173957.jpg

IMG-20190509-WA0012.jpeg

mark1a

Mar 11, 2019
Dorset, UK
old pics but nothing much has changed. Only thing is I have to use 2 bungees to strap the e-bike in whereas with the bike in the picture 1 loosley wrapped bungee would do, tried using 1 with the e-bike and it slammed to the floor on the 1st corner!!
I am thinking about downgrading to a caddy maxi (although I've been saying that for ages and nothing has happened yet)
would be interested in some pics of a new bike in a caddy maxi.
the fork mount option certainly sounds interesting, I can't believe I've not heard of it before, seems so simple
There’s photos of my Caddy Maxi above in this thread from last year, with a size L Levo in the back. Fits OK on a bike rack with both wheels on and a couple of straps on the tie-down eyelets. Obvious less space than a Transporter but more car like to drive and easy to live with as a daily. Caddy’s are also a popular choice in the UK as British Gas have 8000 of them and they‘re auctioned off at decent prices from time to time, if you like KLM Blue.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles