Reign 2022 rear mudguard

lharpel1

Oct 18, 2019
Bristol
So in the UK winter is coming so starting to look at rear mudguard option for my Reign 2022. I am not a fan of the massive ones even though they will keep you ass dry. I have done some Googling and not found much, none Reign specific. So thought I would ask here what others are doing.

I love the Reign and want to carry on every weekend no matter what the weather.

Miestenmies

Jun 26, 2021
FI
Im planning on getting one rather small to keep suspension parts clean and tidy and one massive ugly mf to keep My Back clean.

When summer come i can take bigger one off and put it Back when needed.

Porcupine

Sep 5, 2022
South east UK
I've got a 2021 Trance with effectively the same Maestro rear suspension design. I've fitted Mucky Nutz MugGuards to mine. Long at the rear to protect the suspension and a short one at the front to protect my face. I'm really happy with them. They don't change the bike's silhouette too much.

The rear one is working very well. Suspension is completely clean. It fits really tightly into the rear linkage and since the Maestro's rear is solid this long guard can be cable tied into the frame very securely. Wouldn't work on a bike that doesn't have the same solid rear triangle.

I couldn't find any photos confirming that these guards would fit and how they'd look, so I hope this is useful as an option, OP.

lharpel1

Oct 18, 2019
Bristol
Thanks that look just what I am after. The Reign is almost the same, but no enough to make any difference to the way the guard would fit. Going to google that mudguard now !

Jurassic

Subscriber
Jul 22, 2022
Helensburgh, Scotland.
I've done the same as Porcupine but used a front RRP Proguard (front mudguard). It fitted straight into the rear triangle of my 2022 Reign E+1 size large, the only modification was to drill two holes to cable tie it onto the brace at the bottom of the triangle (behind the motor). Pretty sure a Mudhugger would work as well.
IMG20220905182551.jpg

Jurassic

Subscriber
Jul 22, 2022
Helensburgh, Scotland.
Morning,

Looks good, what size Mudguard is that ? seems they come in 3 sizes. XL ?

cheers
Lee
Hi Lee, I'm pretty sure that it's the middle sized one ( I already had it lying around from another bike). To be fair, Porcupine's version looks longer and would give better coverage so maybe that or the XL RRP would be a better option even if you had to trim it down to fit at the chainstay end.
Cheers, Chris.

Jurassic

Subscriber
Jul 22, 2022
Helensburgh, Scotland.
I have Mudhuggers front and rear on my fat bike, in terms of function they're next level but they do look pretty hideous. Fat bike tyres throw so much mud at you that I felt it was a worthwhile trade off but I'm not sure I could bring myself to put one on the Reign. That being said, the chopped down version looks okay Chris Ledger.

Chris ledger

Aug 17, 2021
Rotherham
I have Mudhuggers front and rear on my fat bike, in terms of function they're next level but they do look pretty hideous. Fat bike tyres throw so much mud at you that I felt it was a worthwhile trade off but I'm not sure I could bring myself to put one on the Reign. That being said, the chopped down version looks okay Chris Ledger.
It does work pretty good not perfect but better than nothing also allows bike to be wheeled upright without catching on the ground

Petrex

Jul 20, 2022
UK
German - SKS Mudrocker Front & Rear Mudguards.
Personally I think the fitting method is better than Mudhuggers and pretty similar in function.

PXL-20220714-105050478.jpg

Jurassic

Subscriber
Jul 22, 2022
Helensburgh, Scotland.
German - SKS Mudrocker Front & Rear Mudguards.
Personally I think the fitting method is better than Mudhuggers and pretty similar in function.

PXL-20220714-105050478.jpg
That looks like a good solution. Similar coverage to a Mudhugger but the ability to easily whip it off when it's not needed so that your bike doesn't have to look hideous all the time (stated as someone who has a Mudhugger on one of his bikes full time and acknowledges that they're ugly but very effective).

GodsHammer

Apr 20, 2021
Kings lynn
So in the UK winter is coming so starting to look at rear mudguard option for my Reign 2022. I am not a fan of the massive ones even though they will keep you ass dry. I have done some Googling and not found much, none Reign specific. So thought I would ask here what others are doing.

GodsHammer

Apr 20, 2021
Kings lynn
Hi I use a company called RockGuardz it run buy MTB guys and make great Carbon fibre guards for all kinds of bikes and can do custom one's.
Make good present aswell 😉👍👍
Have a good un and keep smiling 😊
20220911_075301.jpg
20220911_075306.jpg
20220911_075311.jpg
20220911_075316.jpg

GodsHammer

Apr 20, 2021
Kings lynn

Hi look at my post 👍

Petrex

Jul 20, 2022
UK
Note for anyone interested - Just to say the SKS Mudrocker is on sale at a good price at the moment from at least one UK retailer, but I got mine from BikeInn in Spain and the price for rear and front was just a bit less than the current sale price in the UK - If you happen to miss the sales ... Arrived in reasonable time with no UK Tax extras.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles