Reign E+ 2022

goroncy

May 1, 2020
Munich
Hey all,
hope you've been doing some nice riding.

They've just fitted a new motor on my 22' reign e+2 after a 2month wait. The same day the motor broke down, I forgot to tighten the battery cover before loading the bike on the carrier and lost it while driving home, couldn't find it afterwards. I ordered a new one on the next week, which now, after the motor arrived, the lbs realized they'd ordered the wrong battery cover. Giant Portugal is now telling them the correct battery cover is out of stock. I asked them what the part number was, to see if I could search for it online, and they sent me the attached pics of the same cover from another bike. but the number shown (527-BTCVRM-0001), doesn't really return any hits on google.
Anybody know if there is another part number for the same cover I can look for? Or a shop abroad I could call for help, since in PT it's proving too much of an ordeal.

Grateful for any thoughts or ideas.

Have a great day.

View attachment 138208 View attachment 138209 View attachment 138210 View attachment 138211

Not cheap but this is probably what you are looking for.

Nomad1

Apr 2, 2023
Hey all,
hope you've been doing some nice riding.

They've just fitted a new motor on my 22' reign e+2 after a 2month wait. The same day the motor broke down, I forgot to tighten the battery cover before loading the bike on the carrier and lost it while driving home, couldn't find it afterwards. I ordered a new one on the next week, which now, after the motor arrived, the lbs realized they'd ordered the wrong battery cover. Giant Portugal is now telling them the correct battery cover is out of stock. I asked them what the part number was, to see if I could search for it online, and they sent me the attached pics of the same cover from another bike. but the number shown (527-BTCVRM-0001), doesn't really return any hits on google.
Anybody know if there is another part number for the same cover I can look for? Or a shop abroad I could call for help, since in PT it's proving too much of an ordeal.

Grateful for any thoughts or ideas.

Have a great day.

View attachment 138208 View attachment 138209 View attachment 138210 View attachment 138211
Try this # 52721G90104A1

gaiadoSeco

Oct 18, 2021
Portugal

Not cheap but this is probably what you are looking for.
Out of stock, but yes this looks like it
Try this # 52721G90104A1
I found this one before I posted the question, but picture shows the cover in 2 separate pieces, which threw me off. Looking at it again, I can see it fitting my bike.

in the meantime I called Giant Twickenham store as I will be in London working next week and they said they'd help me find the cover. If that doesn't work out, I'll be calling the stores you guys mentioned above.
Thank you very much :)

Megavolt

Jul 21, 2022
Moscow Russia
Out of stock, but yes this looks like it

I found this one before I posted the question, but picture shows the cover in 2 separate pieces, which threw me off. Looking at it again, I can see it fitting my bike.

in the meantime I called Giant Twickenham store as I will be in London working next week and they said they'd help me find the cover. If that doesn't work out, I'll be calling the stores you guys mentioned above.
Thank you very much :)

Lenswide

Feb 24, 2024
Greece
Hi to all!
10 months with e+2, 2022 model.
Had 2 motors for replacement. Waiting for the third. Each of these 2 motors last for 800klm roughly.
Anyone with the same issue?

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
Can you elaborate what each motor's problem was so it had to be replaced?
I had mine replaced because of overheating issues and it's been fine since then.

Lenswide

Feb 24, 2024
Greece
Can you elaborate what each motor's problem was so it had to be replaced?
I had mine replaced because of overheating issues and it's been fine since then.
I don’t know exactly. The first time I assumed that was these overheating issues with the old firmware. Now the motor went wrong with no overheating.

Crawford919

Aug 7, 2019
USA
Hi to all!
10 months with e+2, 2022 model.
Had 2 motors for replacement. Waiting for the third. Each of these 2 motors last for 800klm roughly.
Anyone with the same issue?
Yes I also had 2 replacement motors for my Reign E. Mine broke the gears on both occasions. One was after a small drop of about 3 feet it suddenly made a big pop and the other was going over a log at speed when it did the same.

Last edited:

Lenswide

Feb 24, 2024
Greece
Yes I also had 2 replacement motors for my Riegn. Mine broke the gears on both occasions. One was after a small drop of about 3 feet it suddenly made a big pop and the other was going over a log at speed when it did the same.
Mine, on both occasions just stopped working on a gentle uphill. And without overheating.

Rickster

Subscriber
Feb 19, 2022
Ok BC Canada
Mine kept overheating. Had a new motor replaced same result finally returned and refunded the entire bike. Sorry but I won't ever be knocking on Giants door anytime soon. It seems like Giant is using us for guinea pigs at our expense. ☹️

Crawford919

Aug 7, 2019
USA
Mine kept overheating. Had a new motor replaced same result finally returned and refunded the entire bike. Sorry but I won't ever be knocking on Giants door anytime soon. It seems like Giant is using us for guinea pigs at our expense. ☹️
Yes I feel the same way. Had 2 Reigns and 2 Trances. 2 motors replaced on the Reigns but no real problems with the Trances. All of them had issues with not turning on after they were washed no matter how gently and I got tired of them and sold all and got 3 new Levo’s. The Levo’s are worse, riddled with electrical problems and Specialized is a pain to deal with. At least Giant fixed the problems quickly. Ebikes are hardly worth the trouble in my experience.

Mrj35

Sep 29, 2023
canada
Yes I feel the same way. Had 2 Reigns and 2 Trances. 2 motors replaced on the Reigns but no real problems with the Trances. All of them had issues with not turning on after they were washed no matter how gently and I got tired of them and sold all and got 3 new Levo’s. The Levo’s are worse, riddled with electrical problems and Specialized is a pain to deal with. At least Giant fixed the problems quickly. Ebikes are hardly worth the trouble in my experience.
If all of them had issues with water ingress from washing the bike then just let the mud dry and brush it off later? I just have a few different bristle brushes that I wipe the bike with.

Mrj35

Sep 29, 2023
canada
I'm pretty sure all manufacturers are using us as guineapigs. They probably know there's some factor of variance for issues that there willing to deal with via warranty.

Nomad1

Apr 2, 2023
If all of them had issues with water ingress from washing the bike then just let the mud dry and brush it off later? I just have a few different bristle brushes that I wipe the bike with.
always letting it dry and brushing it off is not the answer gentle rinsing at times and dry and lube the parts that need to be is a much better choice. Also manufactures need work toward making them better as far as water issues

Mrj35

Sep 29, 2023
canada
always letting it dry and brushing it off is not the answer gentle rinsing at times and dry and lube the parts that need to be is a much better choice. Also manufactures need work toward making them better as far as water issues
Yeah fair enough. Also if you ride in an area where its clay based mud you pretty much have to wash it. Luckily the dirt is pretty loamy here.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles