2022 Reign E+ size

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
Even the new ones have water ingress problems, and given that Giant do their own firmware rather than using the Yamaha stuff and the leagues of problems everyone has had I can't see them suddenly becoming capable all of a sudden and sorting the problems out.

There are problems still present that have been around for over a year now.

Having personal experience myself of Giant's inability to fix either water ingress, firmware or App problems there's absolutely no way that I'll be buying another Giant ebike.

It's become a standing joke with the guys I ride with.. "what's gone wrong with your bike this week then"?
But if a sweeping statement this mate, I’ve been looking out for 2022 reign water ingress issues all over and as yet there aren’t any. Plenty on 2020/2021 models but the improvements giant said they have made could be working.. hopefully.

cappuccino34

Nov 24, 2020
Helmshore
But if a sweeping statement this mate, I’ve been looking out for 2022 reign water ingress issues all over and as yet there aren’t any. Plenty on 2020/2021 models but the improvements giant said they have made could be working.. hopefully.
Look for 'giant reign 2022 first problem'
The OP is goughy75 or something like that.
water ingress in the TCU. It isn't sealed. 🤦

cappuccino34

Nov 24, 2020
Helmshore
You also need to consider how long after water gets in that it becomes a problem. Water itself isn't the issue, it's the corrosion that occurs after some time, and the '22 bikes haven't been out very long yet.

Many more will come, I'd bet my house on it, because they're using the same family of inadequate connectors on the new motor as the old version.

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
You also need to consider how long after water gets in that it becomes a problem. Water itself isn't the issue, it's the corrosion that occurs after some time, and the '22 bikes haven't been out very long yet.

Many more will come, I'd bet my house on it, because they're using the same family of inadequate connectors on the new motor as the old version.
Yep I hear that. as much as I’m keeping an eye out for issues with 2022 bikes, I’m remaining ignorant to older issues in the hope that they have made enough changes to warrant this fresh design and a new bike.

I have a reign E+0 inbound and It’s a tough call really as the bike looks and sounds amazing performance wise, but if they are going to be plagued with reliability issues due to water I’d be seriously pissed off. I live in Lancashire UK and that’s one thing a bike has to be able to withstand around here! My previous and much cheaper ebikes have been faultless so reading the endless streams of complaints against older models is making me twitchy.

My LBS have just called to offer me an in-stock mondraker craft carbon RR so my head is spinning lol

cappuccino34

Nov 24, 2020
Helmshore
Yep I hear that. as much as I’m keeping an eye out for issues with 2022 bikes, I’m remaining ignorant to older issues in the hope that they have made enough changes to warrant this fresh design and a new bike.

I have a reign E+0 inbound and It’s a tough call really as the bike looks and sounds amazing performance wise, but if they are going to be plagued with reliability issues due to water I’d be seriously pissed off. I live in Lancashire UK and that’s one thing a bike has to be able to withstand around here! My previous and much cheaper ebikes have been faultless so reading the endless streams of complaints against older models is making me twitchy.

My LBS have just called to offer me an in-stock mondraker craft carbon RR so my head is spinning lol

The Mondraker is a far better machine, with the one exception of the Kiox display being very vulnerable with the silly forward mounted position, but that's easily addressed.

I'm in Lancashire too, Rossendale.

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
The Mondraker is a far better machine, with the one exception of the Kiox display being very vulnerable with the silly forward mounted position, but that's easily addressed.

I'm in Lancashire too, Rossendale.
Local then lol, clitheroe here 👍🏻 There are pros and cons with all EMTB as I’m finding out the deeper you delve. Giant weakness is water, mondraker has non removable battery (for some insane reason), cube it’s frames, idiotic cable routed stem and pish customer care, trek and spesh are way overpriced and underspecced etc etc :eek:

2022 Kiox display is removable without affecting bike function or is under stem mounted so no prob there. I’m milling it over carefully. Anymore carefully and I’ll end up with nothing lol

cappuccino34

Nov 24, 2020
Helmshore
Local then lol, clitheroe here 👍🏻 There are pros and cons with all EMTB as I’m finding out the deeper you delve. Giant weakness is water, mondraker has non removable battery (for some insane reason), cube it’s frames, idiotic cable routed stem and pish customer care, trek and spesh are way overpriced and underspecced etc etc :eek:

2022 Kiox display is removable without affecting bike function or is under stem mounted so no prob there. I’m milling it over carefully. Anymore carefully and I’ll end up with nothing lol
I have looked at everything, and I'm currently waiting for the next batch of Lapierre GLPs because it's the only bike that I can see that does everything I want it to, spoke-mounted magnet excepted (I'm going to make a new caliper mount with the sensor in it and fit the magnet on the disk like everyone else does)

I WAS waiting for the Bosch update announcement last October before intending to order a Mondraker Crafty Carbon XR, but when the announcement came and with it meaning more weight, in the worst place possible at the top of the downtube, I decided that it wasn't going to be the bike for me.

I want a nimble bike with but still with good grunt, and a light front end so it can be more easily popped up out of ruts. I've tried the Rise and a few other candidates but none so far have really lit my fire. I wanted either a range extender option for the big rides, or a removable battery that is small and light enough to carry a spare in a backpack.

For me, the new full fat bikes are going the wrong way with bigger and bigger batteries mounted in the bike making them more clumsy.

Ordinary Human Male

Jun 28, 2021
Australia
Yes, 179 cm and an inseam of 78. According to the size chart, I'm right at the top of a Medium or at the bottom of a Large. If I need a large, I can't get one.

I'm 5'10 without shoes with 32" inseam. I ride SPDs so I'm also seated a little further up too.

The medium is pretty perfect for me the large would be way too big to the point of being unrideable - noting the huge size jump between these for this model. I also ride it in the low position where it has a shorter reach by 5m, for what little it's worth.

Note that if you get a longer wheelbase by sizing up, you'll make it even harder to throw around. If you're in an inefficient position due to an excessive reach, this will exacerbate this further.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles