Giant reign 2022 frame cracking

postimtb

Dec 21, 2021
Málaga
Hi family, I´m waiting a giant reing e+ 2022 frame from october. The sir of the giant shop told me that my new frame would arrive in april !!! Only does the color brake or the frame as well??? Thanks!

c.hilleard

Jan 3, 2023
Wellington
Finally got a resolution from the legal process in regards to my two twisted trance frames in as many rides.
Deemed to be crash damage.
Deemed to be used outside of what the bike is designed for
The bike shop didn't know I would be using the bike on grade 5 trails.
So
No warranty
No refund
And
Two bike shops I've spoken too so far won't sell me a frame because it's too likely to break again.
Giant NZ don't want to know.

Both bike shops suggested lying to my insurance company to get it covered, which is not an option. Ever.
Other than selling it as a damaged bike or trying to straighten the frame or find a second hand frame I can't think of what else to do.
Thoughts?

Rando_12345

Nov 16, 2022
France
Well obviously that sucks, seems giant UK and NZ are getting fierce bad press lately, hoping Giant France are better when it's my turn eventually.

But I'm really curious, what kind of trails/jumps/drops are you hitting to break so many bikes (based on previous posts)? Is there always a crash involved?

c.hilleard

Jan 3, 2023
Wellington
Well obviously that sucks, seems giant UK and NZ are getting fierce bad press lately, hoping Giant France are better when it's my turn eventually.

But I'm really curious, what kind of trails/jumps/drops are you hitting to break so many bikes (based on previous posts)? Is there always a crash involved?
Riding rough grade 5 trails.
Only ever had 1 frame fail from a fall, that was the first trance the second trance frame twisted from landing jumps.
all other frames ive broken have failed from fatigued Cracks, never from crashes, this giant frame is exceptional in that regard.

JP-NZ

Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
Riding rough grade 5 trails.
Only ever had 1 frame fail from a fall, that was the first trance the second trance frame twisted from landing jumps.
all other frames ive broken have failed from fatigued Cracks, never from crashes, this giant frame is exceptional in that regard.
What particular trail? presuming around Wellington? Would be keen to have a look

I ride single blacks (grade 5) and the occasional double black (6) on my Rail at the chch adventure park. Never really paid attention to what grade the bike was built for :ROFLMAO:

emtbeginner

Dec 15, 2023
Australia
I have / had 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 Reign and Trance Advanced Models, and the Maestro Rear suspension design is exactly the same on all of them. I'm doing a bearing service at least once a year and hence claim I do have a bit of experience how it works and things are held togehter. There is no rotation inside the lower shocks eyelet, nor does the axle turn. Its only the bearings.
But back to the topic: I can imagine the rocker fails if there is to often a harsh bootom out or the upper bearings are worn and hence the rocker has to take additional forces. On all of my five Giant E-MTBs that has been never an issue, nor did I face the filler crack problem on my 2022 Reign e+.
Need help!
I'm doing research on a well conditioned 2020 trance e+ 1 pro,the price is charming,but I'be been scared by all those frame and rocker problems throughout the thread.However, the problems occurred on 2022 reign e and trance e,which use a different design. It seems you are the most experienced one,thus I'd be glad to learn if any frustrated issues happened on my target.
Thanks a lot!

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
2020 models do have an old motor (PWX-2 / Snycdrive Pro) and a bit outdated geometry.
I have a Reign 2022 and a Trance X Advanced 2022 and happy with them. No frame issues like cracked painting.
The Trance is the better allrounder, but the Reign is smashing it at the downhills.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles