Levo Gen 3 Official Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

bikeguy11

Subscriber
Oct 9, 2019
Oregon
If you want me to inquire with him for you, lmk. Maybe in a PM.
Appreciate that. I'm trying to keep a positive relationship with my local dealer. He's pulled some rabbits out of the hat on other bikes over the years but lost his "inside guy" at Specialized.

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina
Appreciate that. I'm trying to keep a positive relationship with my local dealer. He's pulled some rabbits out of the hat on other bikes over the years but lost his "inside guy" at Specialized.
I don’t blame you. Never know with any ebike motor or battery, when you might need some special help. My guy stocks 13 motors. Scary

bikeguy11

Subscriber
Oct 9, 2019
Oregon
I don’t blame you. Never know with any ebike motor or battery, when you might need some special help. My guy stocks 13 motors. Scary
I ride regularly with about a half dozen guys, some with more than one Levo/Kenevo. We've only encountered one failure in the last two years of riding.

mike172

May 12, 2021
Surrey
Did anyone replace the shock mounting hardware yet

Is it the same as a 2019 stumpjumper 803-03-244

Just thinking about fitting this superdeluxe like the other people have. I can press the old one out just rather leave the x2 alone and out a new mounting kit in the superdeluxe.

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina
Here’s mine.
A0A69A66-B8F6-44AA-877E-BE01BEEA6AF5.jpeg
B389AA76-5847-4069-AB9E-D1E9EB6A0B84.jpeg
52BE5809-DB25-462B-AA01-BF178728AA80.jpeg

Swissrob

Sep 4, 2018
Switzerland
I can't seem to find any information on the Comp on Specialized site. I only see the S-Works, Pro and Expert. Am i missing something? How much is it? Are dealers actually getting them already?

Release date in a few weeks. My dealer ordered a few in March and this one was first to arrive. Mine is due in a couple of weeks. Specialized can't supply so a lot of pre-orders being cancelled or delayed

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
The KSL is so very tempting, but in the end I decided to put in an order for a Gen3 Levo frameset. Hopefully I'll be able to get the parts together and built up by March or sooner.

Olivier Clg

Nov 15, 2021
France
The KSL is so very tempting, but in the end I decided to put in an order for a Gen3 Levo frameset. Hopefully I'll be able to get the parts together and built up by March or sooner.

Same here. My Gen3 frameset should be here arround the 15th of december...I hope 🥳

Swissrob

Sep 4, 2018
Switzerland
Same here. My Gen3 frameset should be here arround the 15th of december...I hope 🥳

You might be lucky, my dealer said no chance. I was looking at a ALU comp but the spec level dropped quite a bit from comp carbon so I jumped on that at Chf9000 retail, I got a deal as he included a new 500w battery. Selling off the new parts it's touch and go what's easier or cheaper. The difference with the 22 comp carbon is that the frame is identical to the Sworks ie full carbon same fact#whaterthatmeans!

Renton

Aug 4, 2021
Droitwich
Hi all,

Whilst giving my bike a once over yesterday I have noticed that there is a slight amount of play in the chain set side of the bottom bracket of my 22 expert.

The bike has covered 100 mile or thereabouts. Ive had to tighten the drive side crank arm a couple of times in that mileage too.

If I grab the crank arm I can feel a slight knocking feeling but as I said its only on the drive side?

Anyone else experienced this?

Drewsuf

Nov 11, 2021
Americas Home Town
I know @Specialized Rider Care have not responded on this forum regarding the battery charge door breaking........
However,
I contacted them directly on their website and this was their response.

The new doors are in production and should be available early next year. And like I said if you have any trouble with the door we can replace them under warranty.

Happy riding!

View attachment 76094
Good because i'm on my 2nd door replacement now. I will say it has not been an issue getting the replacement part in from the dealer but until the new design comes out it's going to just continue to happen. Otherwise the bike has been great.

mike172

May 12, 2021
Surrey
How do you people manage to break the doors? Ive had mine Gorilla taped since day 1 and it clearly has scrape marks all over it but its still on there

Drewsuf

Nov 11, 2021
Americas Home Town
How do you people manage to break the doors? Ive had mine Gorilla taped since day 1 and it clearly has scrape marks all over it but its still on there
The door latch can be opened if it brushes up against something which is a horrible design. Once open and the cranks are spinning say goodbye to the door.

Zoot Allures

Sep 17, 2019
West Wales
Yes, very easy for the crank to catch the door, but also, the hinge .... if you can call it that .... is essentially on the bashguard so inevitably is going to take a few knocks. Just picked up my third door today. Agree with Drewsuf above - this will continue to happen until the redesigned part materialises. In the meantime I reckon it makes sense to gaffer tape the hinge even if it isn't broken.

Rich the gasman

E*POWAH Master
May 4, 2019
North east
Mine snapped of while I was trying to undo the cross threaded battery bolt. Really don’t know how it snapped off but was waiting for it as it’s a flimsy design and have to wonder how that past QC.
3D0AA257-B30D-421E-94DD-2ADBB2AA8102.jpeg

akira

Dec 9, 2021
SanDiego
Release date in a few weeks. My dealer ordered a few in March and this one was first to arrive. Mine is due in a couple of weeks. Specialized can't supply so a lot of pre-orders being cancelled or delayed

Do you know what other color options the Carbon Comp will be available in? And it does have the MasterMind Turbo Control Unit (TCU)?

Swissrob

Sep 4, 2018
Switzerland
Do you know what other color options the Carbon Comp will be available in? And it does have the MasterMind Turbo Control Unit (TCU)?
Only black as far as I know, it does have the new control unit and a few better bits than the Aluminium frame, brakes and drive train are two.

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina
I shoulda bought the pro. By the time I put some good wheels on, and a real shock (no flak please) and who knows how long this dropper will last. I’m there price wise. Dang

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
I shoulda bought the pro. By the time I put some good wheels on, and a real shock (no flak please) and who knows how long this dropper will last. I’m there price wise. Dang
I agree. I bought an Expert and have already bought some carbon wheels so I’m nearly at the Pro price already! 🤦🏻‍♂️ Next is a shock then it’ll be a dropper and I’ll be half way there to the S-Works!

mike172

May 12, 2021
Surrey

I hate the matte red otherwise I would have

Dropper on mine now needs a service. owned since Oct.1st.2021. Not long until it stops working now I think

The x2 on the expert is garbage. Going to send it off to TF Tuned to see if they can make it better. It'll give me a chance to try out the Superdeluxe with the meg which is a much plusher shock. Just not sure how well it'll handle bigger hits which in fairness the x2 does well.

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
Carbon wheels bought, the X-Fusion post I don’t trust to last more than a few months so I’ll buy a OneUp 210mm dropper as soon as they come back in stock. The shock seems OK but having just come from a custom tuned Ohlins coil on my Kenevo it’s no where near as plush. I understand that some of that is because it has less travel though. The only difference in the X2 Performance Elite and the Factory is the missing HSC and HSR dials, the internals are identical. Not sure what TF can do to improve it. Let us know how you get on with it.
Either way I’m going buy an EXT E Storia.
I really like the matte red of the Pro. No S6’s available when I was buying though. It was hard enough to get hold of an Expert!

mike172

May 12, 2021
Surrey
Carbon wheels bought, the X-Fusion post I don’t trust to last more than a few months so I’ll buy a OneUp 210mm dropper as soon as they come back in stock. The shock seems OK but having just come from a custom tuned Ohlins coil on my Kenevo it’s no where near as plush. I understand that some of that is because it has less travel though. The only difference in the X2 Performance Elite and the Factory is the missing HSC and HSR dials, the internals are identical. Not sure what TF can do to improve it. Let us know how you get on with it.
Either way I’m going buy an EXT E Storia.
I really like the matte red of the Pro. No S6’s available when I was buying though. It was hard enough to get hold of an Expert!

How does yours feel and sound? I get a strange rubbing noise on mine. Hard to describe.

I came from and still have a Superdeluxe ultimate with and without a meg neg. Going to fit it soon and send that X2 off

TFT have just fixed up my 38's. Posted in another thread but the bearings were too tight or had excessive play. The difference was so extreme it made me laugh

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles