Levo Gen 3 Official Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

Biketom

Nov 7, 2021
Bavaria
This week there were a few small updates...

- new tires - Magic Mary 29x2.6 and Big Betty 27.5x2.6, both in Super Trail & Addix Soft
- Roval Traverse SL wheelset
- Industrie Nine A35 stem with black titanium screws
- Top Cap and Grip2 Adjuster in Black
- Trickstuff Direttissima Stealth Limited Edition

Hi Timo_

very interesting project, especially for me, because I plan to do something very similar.
Also like the ghost Blue gen 3...
weight seemed to be a important for you. Did you weigh the frameset?
Did you consider Roval Control SL Wheelset?
I also like your stem, I would (for trust reasons) always choose syntace components for stem and handlebar...
where did you get the blue decals from? (Fork and wheels)

Thanks,
Tom

Ridewithoutcare

Oct 28, 2021
Germany
Hello folks,
I am new here and will of course still register in the newbie part of the forum, as well as introduce my bike illustrated.
I currently ride a S-Works Turbo Levo 3Gen, Size S3.
As I read here before registration, Brose engine problems are not unknown.
I got a new motor. If I have deciphered correctly from mid-September this year.
To my questions I would like to ask here.
1. what has been improved on this new motor?(old: 100, latest generation: 200), or should have been improved?
Anything official from Specialized?
2. what is the meaning of the number "2", or "3" after the number block, which you can take the date of manufacture of the engine?
No one an idea, or experience of which he can report?!
I now have the third motor on a 5-month-old S-Works, probably according to my research the latest generation of Brose.
Possibly I have constantly bad luck, but I heard that the brand new motor should now also be quieter....:
Make your own picture and listen times purely.
What do you think, loud, quiet, normal, etc.?
Opinions expressly welcome.

AudioFile:

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
I have installed SRAM AXS in my Gen 3. the plastic cable routing sleeves have lots of potential to rattle, I did manage to pull them out (dropper and rear mech) from the tcu opening.

Also, the star ratchet on the carbon rims is not 24 tooth as stated above. I didn't count it, but looks like 52 or 36. I will get around to counting the actual number of teeth later.

and do we know what frame size needs the additional battery spacer? (E in this picture)
View attachment 74581

has anyone else with an S4 pulled out their battery to see if they have the additional spacers installed?

mike172

May 12, 2021
Surrey
I have the same constant rattle, i bought the Sworks and the dealer couldn't sort it out so swapped for a Pro, same issue, I have taken the battery out same, checked pivots same, rear brake hose adjustment same, so no idea where the rattle comes from. as said, only rattles when going through trail chatter.. i give up, dont know how to resolve this. Sworks went back to Spec HQ, they rebuilt it and rattle gone, so they dont know the fix either

Im chasing the same rattle as you all I think

Off the back of this have we considered the headset to be the culprit?

Trying to sort some very minor play in mine and I'm convinced that's what the rattle is. It also feels quite chattery to me none of this ultra plush fox 38 people speak about. yet to try extra shims and pieces of card etc to prevent any movement. That or the forks themselves I may transfer them to my stumpjumper and see if they make a noise. Putting a 170mm air spring in mine soon.

Just replaced my headset bearing 2 months old and it had rusted and fused to the bearing Cup. Nice one Specialized, I knew this would happen as the bearing rusted and froze on my 2019 stumpjumper and wore away the carbon.

Last edited:

RickS

Sep 30, 2018
Wrexham
Had this on an S-Works and the Expert (Gen3)
Wrapped a piece of cut innertube around the TCU plugs in the top tube... stopped the rattle in both bikes

Stealth-biker

Jul 8, 2021
Belgium
That's my new "Beast"....with a lot of changes up to the stock model (carbon Roval rims, tan wall tires, carbon Roval handlebar, Eagle XX1 cassette & chain, Fox Transfer seatpost, chainring 34, Magura MT7 brakes...coming carbon cranks :) )

946B76E1-EB89-4CEC-AFFC-5D66E7CAB541.jpeg

Dave_B

Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
The other things that will rattle are the internal plastic routing sleeves.
I installed AXS and pulled out two of the three sleeves.
The one remaining is for the rear brake, I am sure it rattles. Going to pull that out as well and just put some internal routing foam anti rattle sleeves over the rear brake hose. (Lifeline product from CRC).

will also be wrapping the TCU connectors as mentioned above.

might also ditch the swat tool in favour of the one up EDC.

mike172

May 12, 2021
Surrey
The rattle I have feels heavier than that to me

Going to check the battery spacer thing.

No way is it cable routing, to me it feels like vibrations caused by a loose headset plus the noise to go with it. Maybe the battery is at fault...

Dave_B

Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
What size bike have you got?
Will be interested to know what spacers are installed.
Taking the battery out is so easy as well. So simple to check.

Four Flusher

Jun 24, 2019
Reno
Im chasing the same rattle as you all I think

Off the back of this have we considered the headset to be the culprit?

Trying to sort some very minor play in mine and I'm convinced that's what the rattle is. It also feels quite chattery to me none of this ultra plush fox 38 people speak about. yet to try extra shims and pieces of card etc to prevent any movement. That or the forks themselves I may transfer them to my stumpjumper and see if they make a noise. Putting a 170mm air spring in mine soon.

Just replaced my headset bearing 2 months old and it had rusted and fused to the bearing Cup. Nice one Specialized, I knew this would happen as the bearing rusted and froze on my 2019 stumpjumper and wore away the carbon.

FYI

Hey there,

i had extreme knocking/ rattling sounds, always on shaking root lines. sounded like a loose part knocking from inside the frame.
But Nothing to hear when shaking the bike in the stand.

I now searched all the frame internals several times and found that Specialized imtegrated me some secret Swat spare part:

That carbon spacer was in the top tube end near the seattube and rattled as hell !

A5A4A017-BE3A-4417-A254-03DDD479A486.jpeg

Perhaps other rattling levos also have integrated secret spare parts by speci assembly line ?

Best regards,

Chris

RickS

Sep 30, 2018
Wrexham
Interesting. I have an S4, it has not addition spacers and couldn’t re insert the battery when I tried one spacer.
Can you feel resistance when the battery is at the top of the down tube? if not I think it may need a spacer, Im not sure, but are there different sized spacers for different models?

mike172

May 12, 2021
Surrey
Don't think I have the spacer..... S4

Excuse the mess on the battery. I didnt know I needed to back the screws off on the water bottle to remove the battery when I first got it.

With the battery out it does feel like that chatter is gone when I drop the front end on the floor gently.

Possible to DIY this or can I buy a spacer in the UK?

20211110_163635.jpg

20211110_163632.jpg

mike172

May 12, 2021
Surrey
I put the gorilla tape (3 wide strips to be exact) around the battery where the spacer should be and there doesn't feel to me like there is any of that chatter or play now...

Ride tomorrow night hopefully. So I'll let you know if that chatter is there

Again, it's not a rattle like something is rattling about my frame like a random spacer (wtf) more like a loose headset that transfers a load of vibration and chatter to the handlebars.

Rich the gasman

E*POWAH Master
May 4, 2019
North east
Sublime. Going to take the plunge in the coming weeks on the Expert also. I've a carbon Trek Slash right now, which is invisiframed. As asked, is there much standard frame taping for protection or is it a given that invisiframe or the likes is the way to go?
Ive had mine invis framed, don’t think I’d ride a bike without added protection, what comes on any bike isn’t enough.

Rich the gasman

E*POWAH Master
May 4, 2019
North east
What mudguards people using on the fox38?
anyone tried the new fox xl ?
have a RRp bolt on but clearance is poor, don’t want to Cable tie anything if I don’t need to.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles