Bafang m820

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Also the most important is will M820 can be tuned via Besst Pro like M510 v2 ??

Also the most important is will M820 can be tuned via Besst Pro like M510 v2 ???
Supposedly all Bafang-e motor kits (excluding the earlier e BBSHD line like Fun 8 hub motor, and/or external analogue frame mid-mount stuff?) use the BESST tool according to their website. But don't quote me on it. So, I assume the M820 as well. 🤞

In general, I'm more worried that the M820 can really put out 75Nm/95Nm peak and just runs without hiccups, with plenty of beta testing from Forestal first!😁

Last edited:

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
It’s really funny to see all feasible display and button options combined on that frame. Normally the DP-C245 CAN display (wrongly mounted on the left side of the handlebar) would be combined with the remote on the picture below…..

View attachment 104289
Be nice if the DP-C245 were cross compatible with the M500/M600 and the M820 as well.

Last edited:

Vsoria

Feb 12, 2022
Zaragoza
I was looking at some data for my lces004 bike frame and found out that lightcarbon has released a frame for the m820 LCE930. Supposedly they had sold the molds to a brand and were not planning to spend money on an open mold 🤔🤷
Screenshot_20230114_155248_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230114_155321_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230114_155342_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230114_155407_Chrome.jpg

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
Need an XL before a size small, obviously.

It looks great however:
I still find the open mold geo always a step or two behind what we've already figured out.
A size large needs a 495-500 reach for the correct fit while standing.
STA 78-79' which pedals great and allows the seated fit to still be comfy.
BB height about 345 for a 150mm travel bike.
64' adjustable hta.
Chainstays for a large AM bike should be 447-452mm.

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
I was looking at some data for my lces004 bike frame and found out that lightcarbon has released a frame for the m820 LCE930. Supposedly they had sold the molds to a brand and were not planning to spend money on an open mold 🤔🤷 View attachment 104567 View attachment 104568 View attachment 104569 View attachment 104570
Hi my friend, LCE930 is open to all customers, all frames in our web is open for all buyers, if the non-public mold, we will no show it in our web,
this frame before one buyer want buy the mold, but now he will have some change in base of LCE930, so LCE930 will sell to all,
size M is avaiblable in March, size L and size S will be in May or later,
Please let me know your size request.
send mail to me: [email protected]

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy

It looks great however:
I still find the open mold geo always a step or two behind what we've already figured out.
64' adjustable hta.
You need to consider the effect of motor weight and battery weight on the bike's overall center of gravity. EMTB and MTB have very different geometries. A longer reach value will cause the center of gravity to be close to the head tube position, resulting in difficult handling, especially when going downhill.

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
Anyone already asked for a quote on frame + battery + motor?
Now cost of frame is USD$705,
Frame set including frame+ seat clamp+ head set+ rear thru-axle+hanger,
Color: UD matt, (painting customized is acceptable with extra cost.)
An Chainstay Protector and an extra hanger as gift,
Shipping cost accordin your address.
Motor M820+ BT F14 is about USD$1200,now cannot confirm it, the bafang company is in holiday now, also we have no supply it, but we can introduce you the bafang's agent.

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
You need to consider the effect of motor weight and battery weight on the bike's overall center of gravity. EMTB and MTB have very different geometries. A longer reach value will cause the center of gravity to be close to the head tube position, resulting in difficult handling, especially when going downhill.

I'll defer to your experience in this matter, since I have limited e-bike experience. But I don't defer enough to buy geo that hasn't worked ideally for me in the past.

However I fail to understand how 'a longer reach value will cause the CoG to be closer to the head tube position' since the motor and battery are stationary towards the BB even as the downtube/ top-tube extends away from a rider?

Can I ask, generally speaking, how many frames does one have to buy to get their own mold of their choosing?

Could I get it done with 10 frames, 20, 50?

Thanks.

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia

It looks great however:
64' adjustable hta.
Agree on most of this. Would much prefer to see a 65mm stroke shock in there too. Much easier to get control of the back end with more stroke.

Last edited:

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
Did I miss that? Will a 205x65 trunnion fit?
This is the after-sale question we often receive with our carbon frames. The longer travel will cause riders to choose a larger jump height, which will cause damage to the inside of the frame; at the same time, too much compression will affect the rigidity of the carbon fiber frame.
We recommend a rear shock of 185*55mm size to maximize the performance of the frame. However, some buyers will choose to install their favorite rear shock, which will cause the frame to exceed the scope of warranty.
At the same time, the ultra-light EMTB is an all-terrain EBIKE that can not only consider downhill conditions, but also uphill, flat roads, and small rolling hills,and on-road.

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
I'll defer to your experience in this matter, since I have limited e-bike experience. But I don't defer enough to buy geo that hasn't worked ideally for me in the past.

However I fail to understand how 'a longer reach value will cause the CoG to be closer to the head tube position' since the motor and battery are stationary towards the BB even as the downtube/ top-tube extends away from a rider?

Can I ask, generally speaking, how many frames does one have to buy to get their own mold of their choosing?

Could I get it done with 10 frames, 20, 50?

Thanks.
Hi my friend, Maybe you can take a look at the following article, about some diffrents of GEO date in EMTB and MTB,

A new mold request 200sets per year and pay the cost of mold, cost is about USD$20000 for two or three size, the correct cost according your details of request,
The perfect eMTB geometry – what's the secret behind angles, reach and stack?

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
This is the after-sale question we often receive with our carbon frames. The longer travel will cause riders to choose a larger jump height, which will cause damage to the inside of the frame; at the same time, too much compression will affect the rigidity of the carbon fiber frame.
We recommend a rear shock of 185*55mm size to maximize the performance of the frame. However, some buyers will choose to install their favorite rear shock, which will cause the frame to exceed the scope of warranty.
At the same time, the ultra-light EMTB is an all-terrain EBIKE that can not only consider downhill conditions, but also uphill, flat roads, and small rolling hills,and on-road.
Oh I wouldn't consider putting a 205x65 shock in it if it is designed for a 185. The previous poster mentioned fitting the larger size hence my question, I thought there may have been another linkage to suit.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
My M510 provides more the 700 W peak power with full battery at 14 Amp firmware. I monitored up to 740 W. This is quite a difference to M820…

Vsoria

Feb 12, 2022
Zaragoza
I have the m500 with a bafang battery and I can see more than 600w. According to this graph, the maximum power would be 450w and that for my motor is level 3 of the 5 that I have.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
has there not been a single review about the bafang m820 until now??
I'm waiting from the big YouTubers who are usually the industry "insiders" to post a shakedown review soon.

FYI: Rob made a request to LC-Jim to send out their 820 frame. Chances are high that there will be a future review.🤞

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
or we are the testers hahahaha
Well sometimes being first has it advantages...but it's good to have a group of testers to compare notes and get a problem corrected with Linda.

So really it's team beta-testing. Strength in numbers...go team CEF50!💪

Too bad the team name sucks...sorry.😁

Last edited:

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
Well sometimes being first has it advantages...but it's good to have a group of testers to compare notes and get a problem corrected with Linda.

So really it's team beta-testing. Strength in numbers...go team CEF50!💪

Too bad the team name sucks...sorry.😁
Tom...can u ask Linda that M820 can tuned with besst pro?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles