Bafang m510

adam271226

Feb 2, 2024
usa
Thanks, I will buy 2.0 controller and see if I can make my 510 motor perform better. I have BESST pro working so now it is just musical firmware uploads to see which one works best. My issue with 510 was that it would cut out/limit the assistance in the middle of the pedal stroke for no reason. I hope newer versions of firmware would address that.

iscander13

Oct 11, 2021
earth
Thanks, I will buy 2.0 controller and see if I can make my 510 motor perform better. I have BESST pro working so now it is just musical firmware uploads to see which one works best. My issue with 510 was that it would cut out/limit the assistance in the middle of the pedal stroke for no reason. I hope newer versions of firmware would address that.
Also buy a new gasket between the motor halves. Mine was glued one part to one half and the other to the other, I had to replace it. And you should also buy a thermal pad for the controller, in my case 0.5 mm, on the old controller it also fell apart. The gaskets that are sold on aliexpress are not fit for m510, in I think to replace it with silicone sealant for cars

bb912

Jan 14, 2024
De
Ich habe auch das gleiche Problem. Ich kann nicht schneller als 25 km/h fahren. Ich habe einen M510 mit einem C241-Display. Kann ich mit diesem Kabel die Geschwindigkeitsbegrenzung ändern?

Ich mache mir Sorgen wegen einer Rezension zu diesem AliExpress-Eintrag. Es gibt viele 5-Sterne-Bewertungen, aber ein Typ sagte, dieses Kabel habe seinen Controller kaputt gemacht.

Hat das jemand versucht? Sollte ich stattdessen einfach das teurere BESTST-Tool kaufen?

I used the Aliexpress cable with my M510 FC1.0 (25km/h limited). ran a full 50km after which the bike never started again. I then got the FC2.0 under warranty. I'm thinking about using the cable again, but I'm worried it'll break again.​

PetrVIVIVI

Feb 20, 2024
CZ
Hello everyone. I have a new bike. Leader fox with bafang m510 and LG 36V battery. I have a terrible on-off issue once pedaling lightly. Leader Fox suggested a new motor but the seller is sending me besst tool and firmware to flash. I want to flash the FW first as it is difficult to send the whole bike via post to them.

Can somebody tell me if my actual FW version is old or not?
And can somebody assist me while I try to flash my bike? Maybe @Dado if you find some time it would be great.
Thank you all. BR Petr

IMG_8886.png IMG_8885.png

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Hello everyone. I have a new bike. Leader fox with bafang m510 and LG 36V battery. I have a terrible on-off issue once pedaling lightly. Leader Fox suggested a new motor but the seller is sending me best tool and firmware to flash. I want to flash the FW first as it is difficult to send the whole bike via post to them.

Can someone tell me if my actual FW version is old or not?
And can someone assist me while I try to flash my bike? Maybe @Dado if you find some time it would be great.
Thank you all. BR Petr
Hello Peter.

Unfortunately Leaderfox bought M510 FC1.0 version 2 years ago and they need to sell them now (and same did also Dema and MTF). These versions are already outdated and you won't do much with firmware update. I doubt Bafang will be releasing some new firmwares for FC1.0, when now selling only FC2.0. Leaderfox know why they are proposing to replace motor. ;) Had also huge issues with FC1.0 - overheating and power fluctuations (but was peaking even 800W with overshooting, FC2.0 is regulating almost perfect). Your firmware version 16.5 is from October 2022.

Have brand new M510 FC2.0 sets if you want to buy - better torque sensor and more options to set motor parameters. Been already swapping these motors on few Leaderfoxes.

Nenoflow

Jan 22, 2024
Germany
Has anyone taken an M510 motor apart yet?
Mine broke after 2 months / 400km two days ago riding in muddy/wet conditions. Will probably start taking it apart tomorrow, but don't know what to expect inside 😁

Vitus e Mythique, riding power level 2 most of the time, sometimes 3... tried the higher power levels twice a few weeks ago.

Sound in push mode

In pedal mode it also stuttered, then had max 75W in stages 2 and 3, then didn't assisst at all. At home I let it dry and the only way I got it to activate is in push mode.
Sounds like a gearing issue or something.

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Had similar behaviour on Bafang HD when phase anderson connector melted and could be also FET transistors was gone. Did replace controller.

Last edited:

Nenoflow

Jan 22, 2024
Germany
Had similar behaviour on Bafang HD when phase anderson connector melted and could be also FET transistors was gone. Did replace controller
By the sound I thought it was something in the motor/gears... but you're saying I might habe fried the controller in the wet?
Would maybe also explain the code 35 error I have in the dispöay history.

So I might just need a new controller or are these parts that can be changed separately?

Do you mean the buttons/display on the handlebar as controller or do you mean the elctronics of the drivetrain?

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Not familiar with 35. Strange error.
New controller would solve it. Saw FC2.0 for 70£. After replacing u need to run rotor calibration.

Nenoflow

Jan 22, 2024
Germany
Yep, Besst or K1 Flash.
Any tips where I can get a Besst tool with a user account?
Did not know of K1 Flash before. But looks like it has less possibilities for troubleshooting if something is broken.
I don't intend to boost power or max speed of mine, but I'm sure this will not be the last problem I have with my M510. And since there is no support for my Vitus bike or the Bafang drivetrain in Germany I keed to get setup on my own for future problems.
Sad, but true

Karamba!

May 29, 2023
Santiago, Chile
Question for you guys
My battery was sourced by Fieldebikes (Anna Chen). I have never been able to get its status through the besst tool, nor through the Bafang Go app. I am running M510 FC2.0 fw v10.1 48V.
I ordered my battery with 672W/14Ah and I´m not that satisfied with the battery life I am getting. I tend to have slightly shorter battery life than my friend´s Shimano EP6 (latest gen) with 500W or my other friend´s 2022 Giant Reign (Yamaha) with a 600W battery.
Can any of you that got the battery from the same source tell me if you could get readings from it through any method?

Last edited:

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Any tips where I can get a Besst tool with a user account?
Did not know of K1 Flash before. But looks like it has less possibilities for troubleshooting if something is broken.
I don't intend to boost power or max speed of mine, but I'm sure this will not be the last problem I have with my M510. And since there is no support for my Vitus bike or the Bafang drivetrain in Germany I keed to get setup on my own for future problems.
Sad, but true
Yes, no such option as diagnostic. Anyway that bafang diagnostic is just a piece ....

Try green bike.

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Question for you guys
My battery was sourced by Fieldebikes (Anna Chen). I have never been able to get its status through the besst tool, nor through the Bafang Go app. I am running M510 FC2.0 fw v10.1 48V.
I ordered my battery with 672W/14Ah and I´m not that satisfied with the battery life I am getting. I tend to have slightly shorter battery life than my friend´s Shimano EP6 (latest gen) with 500W or my other friend´s 2022 Giant Reign (Yamaha) with a 600W battery.
Can any of you that got the battery from the same source tell me if you could get readings from it through any method?
Hello.
Is it a Bafang battery? With CAN bus? Do you have it cabled?
Do you have Battery info screen on your LCD?

Karamba!

May 29, 2023
Santiago, Chile
No, it's Dengfu's E10 battery. I have no battery info on Bafang Go. I completely ignore whether is it CAN bus or not.
Battery info is greyed out on HMI (DSP 245 v2)
Hello.
Hello.

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Something can be readed on Batetry Info screen , when CAN bus battery. Then you can have a energy counter during charging, how much energy you put in.

Karamba!

May 29, 2023
Santiago, Chile
I guess that it is not CAN bus then, as there's no indication of charging in the screen. That stroke me as odd from day one. That's why I charge the battery with the bike off, and rely on the charger's led light to verify that it is full.
The screen does show the battery charge on the upper right corner though.

iscander13

Oct 11, 2021
earth
Question for you guys
FC2 at factory settings is very powerful even in ECO mode. Try adjusting the assist levels. On e10 and FC1 in medium mode I had 2180m of elevation with 44km of total distance (small bikepark with no elevator). The record is 2300m and 125km of distance in Economy Minister mode.

Karamba!

May 29, 2023
Santiago, Chile
FC2 at factory settings is very powerful even in ECO mode. Try adjusting the assist levels. On e10 and FC1 in medium mode I had 2180m of elevation with 44km of total distance (small bikepark with no elevator). The record is 2300m and 125km of distance in Economy Minister mode.
I did adjust the levels down. I ride in Eco most of the time

iscander13

Oct 11, 2021
earth
I did adjust the levels down. I ride in Eco most of the time
How much elevation gain are you getting?
I have the eco mode choked for suffering and riding with acoustic bros, mostly riding on trail mode. Today I tried to measure the consumption, but the plan failed. Gained 1200 meters, the battery has about 60% left. I noticed that it counts battery consumption differently. If FC1 could stay at 100% for a long time and then start to drop gradually, FC2 drops almost immediately.
It's terribly annoying that with fc2 and the third version of the display, there's still no way to customize the assist level via smartphone.

Last edited:

Karamba!

May 29, 2023
Santiago, Chile
I have the eco mode choked for suffering and riding with acoustic bros, mostly riding on trail mode. Today I tried to measure the consumption, but the plan failed. Gained 1200 meters, the battery has about 60% left. I noticed that it counts battery consumption differently. If FC1 could stay at 100% for a long time and then start to drop gradually, FC2 drops almost immediately.
It's terribly annoying that with fc2 and the third version of the display, there's still no way to customize the assist level via smartphone.
What bike do you have? My supplier confirmed that my battery is not CAN bus, so I have no means to know anything about it, apart from charge. If I recall correctly, I set Eco mode for 30% of assistance, and Trail for 50%.
I'm curious as to whether other Dengfu resellers are supplying CANbus batteries.
TBH I do not track my activity as I just want to ride and not lose a second paying attention to my phone and pairing shit.
I feel you with the frustration of not being able to adjust things through the phone, when the whole industry does it for a while now. Thinking that I need to bring my laptop and the besst tool just to tweak basic things deters me from doing anything. On the other hand I am quite satisfied with how everything works atm, just not so much with battery life.

iscander13

Oct 11, 2021
earth
What bike do you have? My supplier confirmed that my battery is not CAN bus, so I have no means to know anything about it, apart from charge. If I recall correctly, I set Eco mode for 30% of assistance, and Trail for 50%.
I'm curious as to whether other Dengfu resellers are supplying CANbus batteries.
TBH I do not track my activity as I just want to ride and not lose a second paying attention to my phone and pairing shit.
I feel you with the frustration of not being able to adjust things through the phone, when the whole industry does it for a while now. Thinking that I need to bring my laptop and the besst tool just to tweak basic things deters me from doing anything. On the other hand I am quite satisfied with how everything works atm, just not so much with battery life.
I have a Dengfu e10 bike with a Dengfu battery(Also without CAN bus). The weight of the bike is 25.3kg, I am not a light cyclist either :). I don't worry about my phone while riding, all activities are recorded by garmin. I plan service intervals based on this data. If you have multiple bikes, it's hard enough to keep everything in your head. In eco mode I have 20% in trail 35% if I remember correctly. I would like to adjust the assist levels via my phone, but Bafang has not been able to do it yet. The FC2 seems to make the motor run smoother.

Last edited:

Nenoflow

Jan 22, 2024
Germany
Yes, no such option as diagnostic. Anyway that bafang diagnostic is just a piece ....

Try green bike.
Sp you're saying the Bafang diagnostic is no help either in finding errors.

Ok, then my question is the other way round:
Does the Besst Tool have any advantage over K1 Flash or only disadvantage with finding accounts and passwords thst do not expire?

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Besst support also old UART motors and also updating firmware for display. K1 Flash is plug and play, no hassle with passwords or python workarounds. And comes with firmwares for main mid motors and you get a consulting. Have helped to hundreds of people.

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Can you not do it with go+?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Can you not do it with go+?
Go+ only works with certain displays - without any logical foundation behind that !!

and it doesn't work with later android versions. Though the latest upgrade might fix that ... or make it worse ..

Maybe someone needs to liaise with bafang ? @Dado Someone with experience.

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Go+ only works with certain displays - without any logical foundation behind that !!

and it doesn't work with later android versions. Though the latest upgrade might fix that ... or make it worse ..

Maybe someone needs to liaise with bafang ? @Dado Someone with experience.
I have the ver 3 vitus display and my phone is on android 14 and go+ works perfectly but it wont work with go something to do with the bluetooth version i think but go+ is very good for adjusting the motor settings, as far as you can with an app

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles