Levo Gen 2 New 2021 Levo = Mission Control doesn't stay connected

drm31078

Dec 31, 2020
Charlotte, NC USA
Have a new 2021 Levo. Paired it to mission control for the first time. No issues. I am able to see everything about the bike. After about 2 minutes it disconnects and says it's reconnecting. However, it never reconnects until I turn off the bike and turn it back on. Then it connects again for about 2 minutes until the same thing happens.

Things I have tried:
1) Restarted my phone (iPhone).
2) Checked that the phone software is up to date.
3) Ensured no other bluetooth devices are connected.
4) Removed and reinstalled the mission control app completely
5) "Forgotten" the bluetooth connection with the TCU and re-paired it.
6) Manually try to re-pair from the phone and it says the device is not available. As if the TCU has stopped broadcasting via bluetooth.
7) Downloaded the Blevo app (third party software) to see if maybe its a software issue with Mission control. It does the same thing. Connects for 2 minutes and then disconnects. Won't reconnect until I turn the bike on and off. As such, it doesn't appear to be a software issue since two different apps exhibit the same problem.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
there are 2 aspects that are common regardless the disconnect happens with 2 different apps.
The first is blutooth connection. The second is your phone.
The easiest thing to try first is another phone or tablet. If the disconnect does not happen with another phone/tablet then it is the settings on your phone that is the problem.
If the disconnect does happen with a different phone try moving the location where you are trying to use blutooth to connect.
Blu tooth is notoriously unreliable and easily affected by other devices using the same bandwidth. The repeated 2 minute disconnect sounds suspiciously like another blu tooth device sending a regular connect request.

drm31078

Dec 31, 2020
Charlotte, NC USA
I used my wife's phone and experienced the same problem.

What do you mean another blue tooth device sending a a connect request? Sending a request to what device? My phone had no other devices connected.

Dod Colony

Sep 28, 2020
Scotland
It's Specialized mate, just hang off until something else goes wrong (probably won't be a long wait - unfortunatlely) and have it sorted with your new motor

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I used my wife's phone and experienced the same problem.

What do you mean another blue tooth device sending a a connect request? Sending a request to what device? My phone had no other devices connected.
Devices like IP Security cameras. Try connecting in a different area to see if that fixes your problem.

drm31078

Dec 31, 2020
Charlotte, NC USA
If I turn on the bike it will connect with MC no problem. If I am just sitting there adjusting the MC settings, with no activity on the bike, it will disconnect within 2-3 minutes and it says "reconnecting". However, I figured this out:

1) I am able to reconnect if I cycle the power on / off on the bike
2) I am able to reconnect if I cycle through the modes on the bike.

It's as if the TCU stops transmitting a bluetooth signal after 2-3 minutes of bike inactivity. Once the bike becomes active (cycle power or change modes), the TCU bluetooth signal is enabled again and it reconnects with the phone.

I haven't been on a ride yet to see if it will disconnect while riding and not changing modes.

Can anyone else confirm this happens to them? Just turn on the bike, connect to MC, and let it sit there for 5 minutes to see if is disconnects.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles