Other New Specialized Mission Control app

AlanBikeNut

Jan 14, 2024
Sydney
The current Mission Control app which I use to control my Creo by setting a heart rate above which the bike helps is to be shut down on 31 January 2024. The new (replacement) app does not contain this feature. I have only owned the bike for 4 month and bought it because it was the only E Bike which had that functionality. My Creo is now going to become worthless to me very soon. Specialized do not seem to care about what I (and presumably others) think about this. Why on earth they would nor simply leave the old app in place for those who need it is beyond me.

p300

Apr 10, 2021
Barcelona
The current Mission Control app which I use to control my Creo by setting a heart rate above which the bike helps is to be shut down on 31 January 2024. The new (replacement) app does not contain this feature. I have only owned the bike for 4 month and bought it because it was the only E Bike which had that functionality. My Creo is now going to become worthless to me very soon. Specialized do not seem to care about what I (and presumably others) think about this. Why on earth they would nor simply leave the old app in place for those who need it is beyond me.
Try Blevo app.. Much better. You can find it in Play Stoee

Cnud

Jun 15, 2018
UK
Does anyone know how you check / update firmware On the new app? It was obvious on the red version

weihlac

Subscriber
Oct 12, 2020
USA
"My Creo is now going to become worthless to me very soon." Monitor your pulse rate (many ways to do so) and adjust the assist level. Or donate your "worthless" bike to a good cause.

kawamaha

Apr 1, 2020
Monaco
Few Minutes ago I opened MC and read: "MC no longer available at the End of January!

New Specialized App bla, bla, bla... I wanted to download it at the Play Store
->red Alert:

Device isn't compatible with this app​

I have Android 8.0.0 - WTF? :unsure::oops::(:mad::censored:

BushLevo

Subscriber
Oct 11, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
I got the same message from MC for my 2019 Levo. So I installed the Specialized App, and guess what? It has NO functionality to view OR update the bike's firmware. I've only ever used MC for firmware updates, and use BLevo for all my rides.

I'll wait until the end of this month to check that MC really stops, and then I'll raise a support ticket with Spesh regarding the lack of FOTA functionality. I've already asked them if they are dropping support for older bikes, but no answer yet.

CORRECTION: I just checked Spesh support centre webpage for the new Specialized App and if the Bike Status says "Healthy" everything is up to date. If there is an update pending, the status should say "Update Available". Since my bike has had no firmware releases for 12 months I can't test anything yet. This is a PITA as I paid the LBS to update the battery firmware 12 months ago to use the Charge Limit feature, but that turned out be be a dud since the feature has stopped working. Spesh have been promising a fix for months, but zero help so far....

Last edited:

smc_stefan

Oct 10, 2022
Austria
Few Minutes ago I opened MC and read: "MC no longer available at the End of January!

New Specialized App bla, bla, bla... I wanted to download it at the Play Store
->red Alert:

Device isn't compatible with this app​

I have Android 8.0.0 - WTF? :unsure::oops::(:mad::censored:
You're surprised?
We're on Android 14 already, the 15 beta is out and 15 will be released in August...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles