Levo Gen 2 New Levo Firmware release in Mission Control

BushLevo

Subscriber
Oct 11, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
Has anybody with a Gen 2 Levo (10 blue LED's TCU) done the latest TCU and motor update, and then done a ride with BLEVo? Did BLEVo work o.k?

Last edited:

Yzlvr

Jun 23, 2019
USA
Updated my 2022 levo this morning, added AXS info to a new screen and everything was great.. Then unplugged motor wire from battery to top the charge off and charger just stays green. Plugged motor wire back in and bike will not turn on.. So I called Specialized USA and they said there is a bug in the new fw that effects some bikes. Was told to take it to my dealer and have them put the previous fw back on.. :mad::mad:😪 They are working on a fw fix that should be out in a couple of days..

Snrbrtsn

Apr 7, 2021
Uk - Scotland
Curious as to what motor was replaced. I see quite a few similar posts on the Forum and was unsure if it was the previous Brose 2.1 or the new updated 2.2.

I have the same thought and can only assume from the motor #
Old motor # E01680-100201030-3-5250
New motor # E01680-200211029-2-0205

I believe there’s significance in manufacture date from the middle part (old motor)201030, being manufacture date, 30th October 2020 against (new motor)212129, being manufacture date, 29th November 2021
The preceding 100 at the front (old motor) would this be 2.1 and the (new motor) 200 ? Would this be 2.2 ???
Or second motor fitted ???

I don’t know, though old and new did have different power delivery traits prior to firmware update almost like a soft start

seveneleven

Jun 10, 2019
Germany
Does anybody knows which benefits I have with an 2019 and 2022 Levo without axs and Mastermind with this new firmware?
Is it just microtune?
thanks!

rochrunner

Mar 30, 2020
Rochester Hills, MI, USA
“Display has a small "linked" icon and a little arrow pointing to the right in upper right corner. Not sure what the arrow is referring to.”

I read somewhere yesterday what that was but can’t find it. I think it was when you are recording a ride through the app.
Yes, it's a ride recording indicator. The arrow is the equivalent of "Play" and something that I did on mine changed it into a "Pause" icon before it changed back. Limited usefulness IMO, especially since I use my Edge for all recording. The Spec video on the new firmware mentioned these features and then said "and more", but I haven't figured out what the "more" is. I do like the feature to let you start the bike up in Microtune mode.

cuaion

Sep 16, 2019
Denmark
Been testing the new firmware for a week now. All I can say is, way better control of motor! All overrun problems and torque sensor problems is gone! Wish this update had come a year ago, then I wouldn’t had so many motor changes I believe.

To all that have not updated yet, just do it!!

Eduardoramundo

Aug 8, 2019
Glasgow
I have the same thought and can only assume from the motor #
Old motor # E01680-100201030-3-5250
New motor # E01680-200211029-2-0205

I believe there’s significance in manufacture date from the middle part (old motor)201030, being manufacture date, 30th October 2020 against (new motor)212129, being manufacture date, 29th November 2021
The preceding 100 at the front (old motor) would this be 2.1 and the (new motor) 200 ? Would this be 2.2 ???
Or second motor fitted ???

I don’t know, though old and new did have different power delivery traits prior to firmware update almost like a soft start

There is no 2.2, it’s just marketing. However the 200 series motor number is the latest upgraded motor with stronger bearings etc.

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
Been testing the new firmware for a week now. All I can say is, way better control of motor! All overrun problems and torque sensor problems is gone! Wish this update had come a year ago, then I wouldn’t had so many motor changes I believe.

Just updated. Very straightforward process.👍
Interesting to see what has changed. I have had minor overrun ”problems” and little ”rubberband” feel sometimes, very rare though(torque sensor?).

jooles

Jan 23, 2020
South Wales

Which TCU and year ?

Ive upgraded my TCU (non mastermind on 2.1 2021 Motor) just done a quick 12 mile loop with steep climbs and good drops all fine….fingers crossed.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
upgraded my 2020 Levo yesterday, did a 23 mile ride today and rinsed the battery dry.
didnt really notice much of a difference although as some have said, it seems to give a little more at the end of the battery and be a little more linear.

BlueThunder

Mar 13, 2022
Germany
I have a Turbo Levo Comp 2020 with the new mastermind TCU.... But I'm afraid to make the update... not that specialized locks the mastermind for the levos 19-21... if someone has made the update on the old levo with mastermind I would appreciate an info… if it still works 😅

cuaion

Sep 16, 2019
Denmark
Just updated. Very straightforward process.👍
Interesting to see what has changed. I have had minor overrun ”problems” and little ”rubberband” feel sometimes, very rare though(torque sensor?).

Hope also for you, all overrun events will disappear.

I did on old firmware sometime had way too much power compare to what I put into the bike. And sometimes definitely underpowered. But we have already been riding +200km, and not a single event. Normally I will have more than one every ride.

Hope AXS dropper battery will be the next mastermind update!

jooles

Jan 23, 2020
South Wales
Hope also for you, all overrun events will disappear.

I did on old firmware sometime had way too much power compare to what I put into the bike. And sometimes definitely underpowered. But we have already been riding +200km, and not a single event. Normally I will have more than one every ride.

Hope AXS dropper battery will be the next mastermind update!

Have you set acceleration response to low or zero ? This can help with a more direct feel and less “touch and go” with cranks. This can help with more technical climbs I find as less peaks in torque or over run.

mark1a

Mar 11, 2019
Dorset, UK
Just been out on my 2019 Levo for first time after latest OTA updates. Didn't really notice any discernible difference to the ride, although I did have to delete and re-pair ANT+ profiles for speed/cadence and power on the Garmin Edge, and also re-pair as a new motor in the Garmin Connect iQ EBike Field.

It's no big deal, and easy to do, so just posting here for anyone who comes back with the same missing sensors.

levo810.jpg

ASU

Feb 26, 2021
Bergen op Zoom
Just been out on my 2019 Levo for first time after latest OTA updates. Didn't really notice any discernible difference to the ride, although I did have to delete and re-pair ANT+ profiles for speed/cadence and power on the Garmin Edge, and also re-pair as a new motor in the Garmin Connect iQ EBike Field.

It's no big deal, and easy to do, so just posting here for anyone who comes back with the same missing sensors.

View attachment 86214
Yes, had the same thing on my20 Levo > Edge 1030 plus as well. Bit annoying but no big issue. Re-paired Ebike en power sensor and all data was back again

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles