Levo Gen 2 New Levo Firmware release in Mission Control

BushLevo

Subscriber
Oct 11, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
I have just now checked my 2019 Levo in MC Device Updates and there appears to be new firmware for both the motor and the standard TCU. The new motor firmware is 8.1.0 and the new TCU firmware is 32.B.0. The sub-heading is 12/04/2022 - Levo.

Has anyone else seen this and had the courage to install it? Can't find reference to it anywhere else yet, so I'm not going to risk the jump just yet.

thewildblue

Feb 14, 2019
Bucks
Yeah did mine last night, I think the motor update is to help with the new range field with the TCU....it gives regular updates to make it more accurate. Im yet to try the bike out though, but my AXS now show what gear and battery % on TCU.

jbodnar

Patreon
Subscriber
Nov 23, 2019
California
I upgraded my 2020 Levo tonight…

First upgrade attempt failed.

Second attempt updated display (TCU), motor upgrade failed.

Third attempt updated motor.

I won’t be riding it till Friday.

Learn what’s New doesn’t seem to list the latest changes.

I noticed my 2021 Levo SL also needs a display (TCU update), so I will have take it to the dealer…last time it was $40.

chamaruco

Inactive Member
Dec 28, 2020
Arezzo
any news about levo sl display new release firmware? i've seen there are lock features for mastermind tcu. but who knows for old ones? anyway i have a notification about new firmware, that means another visit to the lbs...why they don't allow us to update it via ota?

JSQ

Jan 28, 2020
Finland
hey how did you get axs on the screen.
Note: this requires MasterMind TCU firmware 31.C.0. or higher and the latest Mission Control version.

Steps to display AXS information on MasterMind unit:

1. Turn on bike
2. Enter setup menu of MasterMind display (keep +/- buttons on remote pressed)
3. Navigate to: Sensors / Pair ANT / Shifting
4. Confirm "Shifting" with F1 remote button
5. Press AXS rear derailleur button once to pair RD to MasterMind TCU
6. Make sure pairing to AXS is confirmed on MasterMind display
7. Open Mission Control and connect to bike
8. Go to TUNE and CUSTOMIZE DISPLAY
9. Create AXS display field to see AXS data on MasterMind display

Rear derailleur charge levels as displayed on MasterMind unit. The display converts messages from shift system into these 6 charge level indications:

100%
75%
50%
25%
5%

ASU

Feb 26, 2021
Bergen op Zoom
I've just updated my my20 gen 2 Levo (so with the 'stupid' blue leds TCU) via the mission control app. No issues during updating, it took about 4-5min in total. Not yet took it for a ride. What I understood from the release notes that the power output should be more lineair, mainly at low battery power levels i.e. <15% which is a good update imho. We'll see how it performs this weekend.

surflj

Feb 10, 2022
SoCal
Updated 2022 Levo with Mastermind TCU this morning. Update took around 5 minutes and successfully updated firmware on motor and display . Battery had no update.
Took a 25 mile ride and didn't notice any difference in motor or anything else other than the display.
Display has a small "linked" icon and a little arrow pointing to the right in upper right corner. Not sure what the arrow is referring to.
There is a lock feature which works well so that no one without the assigned PIN which the app provides can activate the bike electronics. You lock and unlock it thru the Mission Control app.
Another feature in Mission Control is your option to custom display your derailleur position and its battery level, obviously only if you have the SRAM AXS system.
After ebiking the last 5 years it is a big plus to be able to update the bike without going through a dealer, setting up an app't and often getting charged a fee, etc. A definite plus for the Levo(y)
Attached are a few screenshots.

IMG_8800.jpg IMG_8801.jpg IMG_8802.jpg

6950rpm

Sep 22, 2021
Isle of Wight
“Display has a small "linked" icon and a little arrow pointing to the right in upper right corner. Not sure what the arrow is referring to.”

I read somewhere yesterday what that was but can’t find it. I think it was when you are recording a ride through the app.

Bigjohnmtb

Apr 13, 2022
Hong Konh
I've just updated my my20 gen 2 Levo (so with the 'stupid' blue leds TCU) via the mission control app. No issues during updating, it took about 4-5min in total. Not yet took it for a ride. What I understood from the release notes that the power output should be more lineair, mainly at low battery power levels i.e. <15% which is a good update imho. We'll see how it performs this weekend.
Cheers for the info. I was wondering if u r use any other third party app like the BLEvo. Would have any affect on it.

toublanc

May 18, 2021
Poland
So I’ve also updated my Levo 2022, no issues whatsoever during the process. The app shows firmware versions on all components but unfortunately it also reports “error 4” that is “motor not found“. At the same time MTCU is not throwing any errors and the motor seems to work correct. Any ideas?

roccobarocco

Feb 26, 2020
Germany
This Error comes during the Update process, since the display and motor restart a few times during the firmware installation. Ignore it, it will disappear.

Snrbrtsn

Apr 7, 2021
Uk - Scotland
anyone with standard TCU updated and ridden yet?

Had new motor fitted last week and had many ”!” on Mission control this week.

This morning done the update and rode today, perhaps placebo, though I’d say post update, there’s more linear support that is cadence dependent as opposed to abrupt instant torque
Whilst my ride was steep mountain and fast downhill supports my initial thoughts

Though I have noticed different torque delivery from new motor, now it appears smoothed & linear

surflj

Feb 10, 2022
SoCal
Had new motor fitted last week and had many ”!” on Mission control this week.

This morning done the update and rode today, perhaps placebo, though I’d say post update, there’s more linear support that is cadence dependent as opposed to abrupt instant torque
Whilst my ride was steep mountain and fast downhill supports my initial thoughts

Though I have noticed different torque delivery from new motor, now it appears smoothed & linear
Curious as to what motor was replaced. I see quite a few similar posts on the Forum and was unsure if it was the previous Brose 2.1 or the new updated 2.2.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles